Cristiano Ronaldo - 'O Nosso Prodígio' Thread 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Why the heck is Cigano even mentioned here.
    Wonder kid scores another goal, and making a honorable bid for FIFA player of the year.

[​IMG]

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn! Drogba got 1 in on extra time to stay ahead of Ronaldo in the scoring race.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    God damn it. Why did I come in this thread. I wanted to download the Manchester United game.

4. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Ronaldo is onwing Quaresma right now.

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah. But Quaresma is still the best player in the Liga.

6. jakjak

jakjak New Member

May 14, 2006
    Atm Ronaldo is the better player but Quaresma is definatelly... muito mais bonito de ver jogar... for a lack of better word.

Quaresma has magic, while I think Ronaldo's game has been "britished" a little too much.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ummm....I agree with that standpoint to a certain degree. I was finding that he had been "britished" more so towards the end of last season. I believe I had gone 3 or 3 games in a row where he did not do any fintas, not even a pedalada.

I find this season his fintas have picked up, mostly in part I presume because his confidence is so high.

So, I understand what you are saying, but I believe Ronaldo this season still looks like he is from Portugal ;)

8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo still has his kmoves, and of couse will always keep his technique

but now he knows better when to use them... hes a much more effective player and he is palying amazing.

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Zinho, I think you mean he still plucks his eyebrows.

Anyways, The kid swagger Got it made in Ingerland. I can't believe he is having an Amazing season. I haven't watched a single Gme but it seems Man U is on top spot because of his peformance.

It looks like Euro 2008 will be our tourney if we keep these Guys in check. I wonder if Mnuel Jose will be the coach or some Foreign coach.

10. SoccerWinners

SoccerWinners New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    London
    I thought somebody would have posted his mention yesterday in the "100 Greatest Portuguese".

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Damn.. Jec1 you should start wathcing some Man u games, they are good to watch this season especially with Cristiano playing so well/

Dont miss next weekends (Sunday?) Arsenal vs Man united, going to be a good match.

12. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    His performances in the EPL this season have been nothing short of electrifying. It's great to see a young Portuguese kid (yes I still consider him a young guy) terrorize the EPL and have all teams piss their pants whenever they are up against him. Best player in the EPL and by far the best o Man U. Sorry Rooney lovers.

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Heck he is right up there with Drogba for the top goalscorer in the league. :eek: Ronaldo is just amazing!!!!!

14. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Heading one in vs Aston Villa

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  16. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Time to pass the torch ?

17. Port_sport

Port_sport New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Montreal
  18. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown

To those saying ronaldo was always better then quaresma?! what rubbish.

Man united wanted TO SIGN Quaresma BEFORE ronaldo, but instead he went to barca and we all know how it went.

which is why i agree with your fantastic post Teso. Sir Alex had a immense affect on nurturing and developing Ronaldo...whoever disagrees with that just doesnt have any footballing knowledge.

Ronaldo would not be the best player in the world right now if it wasnt for sir alex and his move to england where he learnt to stay on his feet and be tough and play the run and gun game...that mixed with his portugeuse flair/technicaly ability/creativity is what makes him the best..a combo of both.

with regards to Quaresma...if he went to united he would probavly be better then Ronaldo, he was at sporting and right now his shots/crosses are better.

However unlike ronaldo, he still showboats a bit to much..although hes the only winger right now that can compare with ronaldo on the planet.

Ronaldo>>>Quaresma..but not by much and if Quaresma actually had a decent coach like sir alex( it was my dream for those two to play on the same team growing up) wed prob have 2 of the top 20 players in the world atleast.

Shame Quaresma had to learn the hard way. And immense for Ronaldo to be what he is today.

These two are the future of our ntl team, and with how both are playing right now, the future looks fcuking amazing considering some of the younger talents we have and Deco/maniche/carvalho/andrade/miguel having 4 years left in them.

Ronaldo will get 21 goals this season, thats my guess.

19. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    WTF

Quaresma was voted player of the month too.

Most fouled player in the CL

Has more assists then Ronaldo this season

Motm performances for almost every porto game in the CL

By Far portos most important player and reason their still in the CL

etc etc.

owning? Hardly my friend, hardly. I know this is off topic but ridiculous comments like that deserved to be answered...Ronaldo is better of course, but not by much, and hes certainly not "owning" him.

PS: Rui Costa says->

[​IMG]

Also Inter milan/Juventus/Liverpool already enquiring about him.

Now again onto Ronaldo...i heard hes still dating that 30 year old model Merche....shes teaching him hows it done in "o mato"

Legend:D

how come when i put around the url link it wont show, and only show the link?!?!

20. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Anytime I hear a comparison between the two just makes me laugh.

Honestly the only time they could've been compared was in Ronaldo's first season in the A team.
    Let's see one is competing for FIFA player of the year, and the other is competing for SL player of the year. See the picture. :rolleyes:

21. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Because it's html.

22. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    OMG - Quaresma is a great player, but he doesn't come close to matching Ronaldo's ability.

CR has excelled in each of his four years at Manchester United. Yes, he has played with world class players on his squad, but his squad faces world class competition on a weekly basis. CR not only excels at his club, but also in the Portuguese NT. Quaresma has had problems cracking the NT's roster, for goodness sake. Also, Quaresma had an opportunity to strut his stuff with a big club. He went to Barcelona, a massive club with great players, and he couldn't get his ego through the door. He's become a better player once he has realized to put the teams' goals ahead of his own egotistical self. By that time, of course, he was at Porto as Barcelona no longer wanted to deal with him. Will he get the chance to prove what he could do at another big club? Time will tell, though I am sure that he is on borrowed time at Porto. He'll move to a new club and that will be the true test to see if he could shine Ronaldo's shoes...

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I had a really long winded post addressing this same thing, but you put it in a more clear concise version:)

Ronaldo is light years ahead of Quaresma.

Quaresma was called to the SCP Senior Squad first but quickly gave way to Ronaldo.

CRon was more "consistent" at the time then Quaresma. Both played together on the field only sparingly as both wouldn't step it up when defending.

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who cares.... Portugal has both two of the brightest talents in soccer, and that's all that matters. Ronaldo is more of a complete player but often Gets Frustrated to easily while Quaresma knows how to play and makes it look so easy with his crosses and shots.

Ronaldo will score 3 Goals against Arsenal. I would be impressed if he scored 20 Goals by the end of the year.

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    3 goals...that would be huge.