Cristiano Ronaldo - 'O Nosso Prodígio' Thread 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSLBenfica

SSLBenfica New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Eh Pa
    I want Ronaldo out of Manchester United. Its simple. His talent is unapricieated at the club. 1 reason

1: Rooney... The absolute spectacular form of Ronaldo at the moment is being overshadowed by the english mans love for rooney. When Ronaldo scores its almost like they give him a pat on the back n say good job. As for Rooney, he scores 2 goals against Newcastle(which werent that great) and all of a sudden we should crown Rooney and begin praising him. Right after that game headlines were : Rooney could be the greatest, Rooney will take England to glory. EZZZZZ now without ronaldo man u is nothing ...why do you think united couldnt take Benfica in the CL, becuase Ronaldo was out of the game. Everytime Rooney touches the ball, i puke in my mouth. 1 word OVERRATED

Ronaldo TO JUVE

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree with you a little bit. I definitly agree with you on how they praise Rooney and only nod thier head Ronaldo's way. Yet Manchester United has formed Ronaldo into the player he is today. I think hes going to have a great World Cup, and for that we can partially thank Manchester United. After all, I really care how he does for the Seleccao first and then the club team afterwards...

P.S: If Ronaldo were to go anywhere I would like it to be Barcelona...either that or leave him at Manchester.

3. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    Do not worry my friend, come world cup time they will all learn the meaning of the name Cristiano Ronaldo.
    Muwa ah ah ah!!:mad:
    My prediction he will be man of the tournament

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I really think so too....

Cristiano Ronaldo will lead Portugal as far as he takes them.

5. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Took the words right outta my mouth. ALl I gotta say is, i hope we play Eng;and in WC 06. abuse those britts.

6. Atlantic-Pearl

Atlantic-Pearl New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    agree with SSLBenfica.people who don't watch united or follow the epl honestly believe rooney is the greatest player on earth because that's what the english media projects.i'm tired of all the hype honestly.ronaldo is just a side-kick, he's always expected to play second fiddle as long as the great rooney is around.i'd love to see some justice in this world.but i want ronaldo to stay at united just to prove everybody wrong.

7. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Well...I feel that it is better for Ronaldo to:
    1) Be under-rated instead of over-rated. Keeps him humble, down to the roots. Forces him to learn how to play as a team.
    2) Be the 2nd best or 3rd best on a team. Gives him something to work for.
    3) Be under a well disciplined coach. To make sure he doesn't slack off and lose form for the wrong reasons.
    4) Not be a leader or captain right now. He has some great experienced team mates that he could be learning from right now, and should take advantage of that time to observe and learn how to replicate.

Which means to me that he is okay to stay at ManU, unless he goes to Barcelona.

8. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    have to agree, given his age and talent it would be easy to get shipped to another team for millions and a younger less experience manager atempts to build a team around him. at this age and with his talent i think manchester united is the perfect fit, and sir alex and carlos queiroz are the best managers to learn from. i hope he stays a while.

9. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Cristiano Ronaldo by most accounts has been ManU's 3rd best player this season, behind Rooney and RVN. There are times where he looks like a top-tier forward/midfielder in the EPL, and somedays, he looks to be a player who could compete with the very best in the World - Ronaldinho, Henry, etc.

I think this WC 06, and his next season in the EPL, along with the Champions League, will be crucial in Cristiano's development. He will be 22 years of age next season and will remain a player mentioned as a nominee in the FIFA Player of the Year list and Ba'lon de'our OR a top 3-5 candidate.

10. Atlantic-Pearl

Dec 2, 2005
    dont know about that.i feel when ronaldo's the best on a team and knows it, he somehow feels responsible for others and puts in more effort.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo got a commercial out with Joga Bonito...!!!:)

I swear this guy got so much swagger, this guy gets me all giddy when I watch him play. Hes too smooth with the pedaladas!

If you guys want to check the video you need to go to Nikesoccer.ca or I could upload the sh!t for you if its really a problem.

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    You mean Portuguese papers don't have a monopoly on bullshit?

14. Atlantic-Pearl

Dec 2, 2005
    hmmm...

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that his dream is to one day play in Spain after rumours that Real Madrid were weighing up a bid for his services this summer swept through the media.

The Portugal international admits that he is flattered by the interest and is keen to test himself in La Primera where, in his opinion, the game is more technical and open.

"If God wants it then one day I will play in the Spanish league," Ronaldo told Marca. "It is one of my aims, but I am just starting out in the game.

"I am content and pleased because it (Real Madrid) is one of the greatest clubs in the world.

"Nobody knows what the future holds. I do not give these things much importance. The best thing is to allow things to run their course. What ever will be, will be."

Luis Figo is reported to have recommended his compatriot to new Madrid president Fernando Martin and with a squad rebuilding programme expected to start at the end of the current campaign, Ronaldo could become a target.

Ronaldo has become a big fan of the English game and believes that it is on a par with Spain, but feels that La Liga places more emphasis on individual ability.

"They are the best leagues in the world," he said. "The football in Spain is more open though, with less physical contact and maybe because of this one can play a more attacking and spectacular game, more technical and skilful."

Despite the rumours, Ronaldo is in no hurry to leave Old Trafford, where he has a contract until 2010 and insists that he is not distracted by stories linking him with Madrid

"I am playing for one of the biggest clubs and only think about Manchester United," he concluded.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=375978&plid=14937&clid=1&cpid=

15. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jose Veiga still commands a very high percentage there...

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. Atlantic-Pearl

Dec 2, 2005
  18. Bryanmufc

Bryanmufc New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Currently?
    Was wondering if anybody had like behind the scenes stuff with portugal. like the clip I posted of training, Any rare footage, especially wiv ronaldo

19. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
  20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Didn't see the game but apparently Ronaldo played pretty bad against Sutherland in a 0 - 0 tie.

Rooney and Ruud were also just as awfal....basically the team didn't come out to play.

23. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    it wasn't so much ronaldo or anyone in particular playing pretty bad, its not that easy to do anything when sunderland are parking the bus like that. its impossible to do anything when you are playing against an 0-0-10 system, which is what Sunderland was essentially running, especially when they are all too happy to hack at players EPL style without ref calling stuff.