Cristiano Ronaldo - 'O Fenômeno' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Força Sporting, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Because his head hasn't been on straight for the past few months. I don't blame the manager for leaving him out of the starting lineup considering how he has been playing.

He did score a nice little header. Man united's 1000th in the premiership

2. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Considering he's been off-form and dealing with his father's death and the legal crap he's been pretty good, IMO. Against Lille, still off-form, he was the one creating the most danger for United, and today he looked like his normal self and got himself a goal to top it off.

4. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    Their whole team played like ********. CR came on and was good compared to what everyone else was doin, but still nowhere near what he had been producing before this season.

5. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Sorry, my bad. You are right!!

6. DiaboVermelho86

DiaboVermelho86 New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    C Ronaldo was definitely the best player on the field for Man U, but having said that the whole team peformed poorly. When he came on he had a nice cross but none of his teammates were able to hit it. After that, he didn't get much of the ball. Later on he crossed another good one but O'shea hit it wide. Glad to see he got a goal at the end, serves right for the Boro fans booing him whenever he got the ball.

7. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sir alex days are numbered for sure....

but cr did creat good chances and he capatalized in the end.... his facial expression said it all.

hes done with manu he dont look happy at all.

8. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Dinamo Moscow wants Scolari and C Ronaldo

good point albu.... its a ploy to get more money which is stupid....

but i really do think he isnt happen with manu and the direction there heading.

after all with the glazer donut era it sucks to be a player for them and even when you got chelsea leading the pack the second straight year it will be hard to compete.

i think he is second guessin hes situation and if i were him look at the serie a or even the superliga for options....

respect goes a long way and england is treating him like a dog on a leash put him out there to create and then be critized by the media.... hes is turnin into another david beckham as far as to say bad media cna get you in the ass.

9. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: C Ronaldo to Benfica? [R]

yep and there making big money in the process....

show me the money

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Just stating the obvious...

Isn't this also the team Robinho was signing with:D

These fools never cease to amaze me...all they do is throw out player names to keep all of you suckers hoping...

In the end they sign 2 second tier players and nothing else...Miccoli and Karayakas...

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

a lot better then Sporting did by signing Loureiro, Joao Alves, Wender, and a couple others :D

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Wow, Frank; you've gone bonkers.

Most of the players you mentioned (excluding the last few) were FORCED to stay at Benfica. This was during a time when there were plenty of offers for them from Real Madrid and other big teams, BUT Salazar forbade Benfica to ever accept those offers.

I seriously can't imagine anyone taking this seriously. Not to mention that I'd LOVE to know where these magical imaginary 30 million dollars will come from. Really, I should ask where these 38 million dollars come from (don't forget the deal with the construction company).

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

only time will tell, I been wright and wrong before. :D

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

I was really optimistic until the Russians came on board, they are going to be in England next week and they are going to make a offer, the MU my not refuse.

15. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

I just can't see Ronaldo playing in the Russian league. But if there are people crazy enough to offer more than a player is worth its the Russians...Ronaldo is already wearing gloves, leg warmers and scarves in England...what will he take out on to the field in Russia...Husky fur hat, snow shoes and a flask of Vodka??? What happens to hairspray at -40 C... :eek:

16. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I really hope he doesnt go to Russia, it will be the end of his career.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: Dinamo Moscow wants Scolari and C Ronaldo

Thats what proboly going through my mind, either hes hesitant because he thinks hes going to have a great WC or he doesnt like something in the contract, or maybe he really does want out.

18. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The threads of Ronaldo to Benfica and Dynamo Moscow have been merged in this thread...

19. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here is something to ponder about Ronaldo to Benfica - can Sporting afford to let him go to another Portuguese club? From what I remember, based on the transfer details, Sporting has the first right of refusal to Ronaldo if MUFC is approached by some other Portuguese club where an offer is given and accepted, similar to the Hugo Viana and Quaresma deals. Now, I know Benfiquistas will say this is the Simao saga all over again, but think about the reason why Simao never made it back to Sporting. When Simao was sold to Barca, Sporting used some of the transfer money on Rodrigo Tello who, of course, has not panned out the way that was hoped, but he was the guy that was to replace Simao on the left side. Sporting, IMO, never really imagined that Simao wouldn't cut it at Barca and would be sold so quickly, so I am sure that this played into the reason why he never came back. Now, as for Ronaldo, Sporting has Douala but he is nowhere near the dynamo offensively that Ronaldo is. I can bet my left nut that if Ronaldo is on the market and if a Portuguese team, whether it be Porto or Benfica, make an offer that is accepted by MUFC, Sporting will use the right of refusal to get him back. There is no way that the team can let him go to another club in Portugal - the backlash would be one of fury and relentlessness from the adeptos.

Also, reference was made by the fact that Sporting gets rid of all of its youth. Keep this in mind - when Sporting sells a player, they make millions from foreign clubs, but for every player that is sold, there is always another player coming up through the academy that can be just as good. I hate to brag :rolleyes: but Sporting has an academy that is used in the same breath as those of Ajax, West Ham, Manchester United and others around the world. There are almost a dozen players on the main squad now that have been developed by the club itself. If there is a demand for a player and a team is willing to drop buckets of cash, then sometimes you can't refuse the offer, but in Sporting's case, that player can more than likely be replaced in-house, and that isn't a luxury that some other Portuguese clubs have...

20. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

No way in hell Ronaldo will go to Russia ,put the money issue aside for a moment...Dinamo Moscow wont even be competing in Europe next year...Ronaldo in Russia will not have the same endorsments as he has in England ....This kid and his agent are not stupid,,He would lose financially and and also in a sports point of view.....

21. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Miccoli and Karyaka ,better than the ******** you signed Loureiro and Joao ALves....

22. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

If they are second tier, what would you call Wender, Joao Alves, Manoel and Silva???? 5th tier????

Our "2nd tier" players have kept us in the CL and 3rd place in the league, what have yours done for you????

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Very True my man, I have come to this realizationg as well. That Sporting does indeed develop great talent. Quaresma, Ronaldo, Figo...those are just off the top of my head.

And dont they got that young striker Fabio Paim :rolleyes:

24. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yes, but Sporting never promised surprise after surprise after surprise like Benfica.

If Benfica lived up to the hype they made about themselves they'd have boughten:

Nilmar
    Tomasson
    Dede
    Ewerthon

How many of those are at Benfica? 0.

Sporting have only put interest in players that they actually were capable of getting, and for that reason got them.

25. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

It is all about setting your goals....

If your goal is to be a garbage man and you reach it, i guess you can say your life was a success, right? But if you set your goals to be a CEO and instead you become a branch Manager, your life was a failure!!

This is what you are trying to say, right?

It is easy to achieve goals when you start from the fact that they are easy to achieve...when you set your goals high, you have something to work for, you may achieve it you may not, but at least you tried!!!!

one more thing, why do you always come in defense of Sporting??? Could it be your true colors showing?????