Cristiano Ronaldo is STILL the best young player in the world

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by biggyv, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

I didn't know they were playing, what was the final score? was these a cup game?

2. _portugal_

_portugal_ New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    winnipeg, canada
    it was a premier league game and the final score was Arsenal 2-4 Manchester United

3. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    4-2 for United in Premiership game. Ronaldo was playing well but had to be subbed off because Silvestre stupidly headbutted a player and got a red card. United beat them with 10 men.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    any other games in the Premier? this two goals give me a reason to watch tonight fox sports world highlights, who scored the other two goals

I believe Ronaldo got 4 or 5 for the season in the Premier, he usually finish's strong, 10 goals for the season will be a improvement over last season

too bad he doesn't take the penalties and freekicks :D

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I don't think we going to see Rooney here tonight, I'm not in a good , and I missed the live gamemood :cool:

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  7. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What an entertaining game. C. Ronaldo and Giggs completely destroyed that Arsenal back line. C. Ronaldo is the new Arsenal killer.

8. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    The point is not that Ronaldo scored two goals. The point is that Arsenal was leading 2x1 and playing much better football and in four minutes Ronaldo scores twice and that broke the spine of Arsenal.

Teh goals: Vieira, Giggs, Bergkamp(?spel),Ronaldo, Ronaldo, O'Shea.

Rooney did not get a red card because the ref was too lenient. He told the ref to F*** off and then had a temper tantrum.

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Leading up to Ronaldo's 2 goals, Man U was playing much better than Arsenal in that 2nd half. Campbell and Cole looked very average out there.

10. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Grande Ronaldo!!!!!. He just took care of Ashley Cole today. I will never forget during the Portugal vs England game at Euro 2004. When the annoucer Martin Tyler said " Ronaldo takes on Cole and Cole shows him who is boss. Well Mr Tyler looks like Mr Ronaldo is Boss today.

11. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The thing that amazes me about this kid is his ability to rise to the occasion in big games. How many other 19 year olds out there can put the team on his shoulders and lead them to victory, not many, especially not Rooney.Great win for Man U. great game for Ronaldo and BTW wayne rooney is a chump :eek:

12. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    u let urself down here......

rooney=4 goals at euro 2004
    rooney=hat trick on debut
    rooney=beat arsenal at old trafford, with a goal and won the penalty
    rooney=on first start for england was my man of the match
    rooney=scored one of the best goals i have ever seen last week
    rooney=voted better than ronaldo in a poll by french magazine (i think its called le'quipe)

portista69=idiot

13. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    hmm, don't you mean "dove for the penalty?" The "won" is a very interesting choice of words. :rolleyes:

14. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    fact is he won it and the game, funny how u focus on that one event from my list. :rolleyes:

15. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    and btw are u suggesting that ronaldo never dives :eek:

its a revalation

16. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    cant we all just be happy they play on the smae team. Why is it that if a compliment goes one way something bad is said about the other. Rooney and Ronaldo played good today. Rooney of course has his temper but he is one hel of a player. Ronaldo was the man today tho.

[​IMG]

17. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada
    what a class act

18. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    He's probably also the man of your life.... lmao. You are one sad human being.... Trying to convince us that Rooney is good... Have you ever noticed Rooney doesn nothing in 90 % of the games he plays in? Wow he scored 3 goals in his debut!!! What did he do in the rematch vs Sparta?

The goal he scored was one of the best goals u've ever seen??? Maniche scored one of the best goals I've ever seen... does that make him better then Ronaldo?

He was voted by the French Newspapers??? then it must be true... Hell Deco didn't win sh it even tho he was player of 2004.

Oh and one more thing why is Ronaldo always the measuring stick to compare players with? For example on big soccer boards... Tevez Vs Ronaldo, Rooney Vs. Ronaldo, Robben vs. Ronaldo and Shauwn Wright Phillips Vs. Ronaldo. Why does everyone always have to compare everything to ronaldo? it must be because he's the best and you want to compare his abilities with Rooney's limited abilities.

19. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    hey! i'm cool just this guy says rooney can't compete in big games, i think i proved him wrong

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

Like I said before good players dive, but then you guys don't have that many good players in the Premier

Only one great player didn't dive, but he got 7 knee operations, and no kneecaps, can you name that player?

21. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    ppl compare to ronaldo becuz they don't like him, i bet most of those threads are pointing out ronaldo's weaknesses and the other player's strengths.

u are shifting ur problems on to me, did u see turkey vs england? how many games have u seen rooney play? what does ronaldo do apart from mickey mouse tricks? he scored 2 today, they were put on a plate for him. ur idiocy becomes clear when u say rooney isn't good, the fact is that this is saying ronaldo is the best in the world and it is on the portuguese forum so unless ppl see it on the front page no1 will see it from outside the forum.

rooney is better, more influential and will win more.

22. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    well it wasn't klinnsman, but hey doesn't every player dive in the superliga?, and the portuguese league is terrible.

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

the player with 7 operations and no knee caps was Eusebio, nickname by the English media with the Black Panther name, Klinsman couldn't shine his shoes, and take the pain

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we terrible until we face England and Premier teams, then we beat theme

25. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    true