Cristiano...did you get my letter?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by GunneRy, May 7, 2007.

1. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
  2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Much as I don't like HandbagMan, there's no place for that in football. Ball should be banned for Sunday's match and handed a ban at the beginning of next season.

3. Raja Casablanca

Raja Casablanca New Member

That's the kind of Garbage that kills the beautiful game. In my book people who play like that should get at least half a season ban and a HUGE fine. and any player that ends the career of an other on purpose should be banned for life and criminal charges pressed against him. It stuff like that in hockey that made me stop watching like bertuzzi and the avalanche.

4. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    Stomping on a player is terrible there really is no place for it in soccer its just like diving o wow now thats ironic.

5. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    its about time he had something to whinge about the big fairy

6. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moronic move by Ball.. the FA should come down HARD on him. And THIS is much worse than diving.

7. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I 2nd that.

I also think the guy should get 10 games + ban.

Then someone should buy him lunch.

Then he should be get a huge fine.

8. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could tell that Crissy was in real pain, he was barely able to do one roll. I think he got hit right in the ovary. But seriously, the player should definitely get a lengthy ban, violence against women just can't be tolerated.

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while i agree with you guys that ball was wrong, i would be first in line to get a shot in like that, if not a better one at ronaldo.

10. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona
    somebody please rep this man!

11. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ohh man it must have felt so good to dig his boot into him like that. I'd gladly take the ten game or so suspention to do that.

12. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man, some of you must be the same people who were saying you'd be throwing things from the stands at cashley.

things like this don't have any place in football. i hope ball gets a hefty match ban.

13. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As much as i hate CRonaldo, these kinds of things shouldn't happen .. But then, its the Manchester Derby .. He should have been more prepared and been falling on the ground less often ..

14. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ball is a dick. He could of quite easily killed him. Ban him for a long time.

15. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow. I'm really amazed and sad that some of you find this to be funny. It's a hideous thing to have happen and has no place in sport. I don't have to be a fan of his to find this to be offensive. No less offensive than I found the attack on Diaby last season.

I'm impressed that C. Ronaldo got up and kept playing (supposedly, I didn't see the match). We've seen some -- say, a certain Spanish forward who may be on loan -- have curled up into a little ball and disappeared from the game for less.

I'm also impressed that somebody with his temper -- and we've seen him throw plenty of tantrums -- managed to continue to play the game without retaliating and getting himself tossed, given that United's title chance was not assured yet.

If this is any indication that his mental maturity has finally caught up with his physical gifts and, if Rooney ever grows up, United's future is BRIGHT. Especially with some of their other young players (although Scholes will be hard to replace). We might be the one club that will continue to give them fits, as our youngsters mature (assuming no drastic change in the club's structure).

16. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep hearing that stamping has no place in the sport. But let's be honest, it happens alot, along with punches, elbows, and kicks. Its unpleasant, but its a game where we demand passion from the players, so let's not get on our high horses when they go a little over the edge. Remember, even God stamped a player or two in his day.

17. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Ball should be banned with Joey Barton, and the rest of the Sheffield united team.

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    pretty stupid move, do these players not understand there are plenty of cameras watching every thing they do?

ron is a pure woman but still doesnt deserve getting stamped on

not as bad as roy keane on haaland though

keane shouldve been banned for life cus of that

19. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Exactly what I was going to say. While Ball clearly should not have done that, he wasn't trying to cripple Crissy.

Keane basically admitted he was trying to end Haaland's career. There is a none-so-subtle difference.

That said, I think that while no one went up to Keane and even suggested he had done a good thing, Ball will get more than a few pats on the back from his fellow premier leaguers.

20. Smalls123

Smalls123 Member

Feb 1, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree, stuff like this should never happen and he should be punished heavily. But ronaldo is a disgrace and if it had to happen to someone it is fitting it was him although looking at it a couple more times it was a bit much

21. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just like you also often hear that diving and playacting has no place in sport. And, let's be honest, it happens a lot. Does that mean we should accept it? Well, Happy Eboue to you.
    I accepted when Van Persie lost his head a few years ago, made the bad tackle and got himself an early shower. He's a kid and a hothead. He needed to grow up.

I accepted when Gilberto lost his head earlier this year and got himself the red. He's human. He made a mistake.

I do NOT accept someone attempting to seriously injure a person. Stamping on someone's chest while they're down is BEYOND football and beyond "passion". Definitely not acceptable in my opinion. There is ZERO comparison, if one were to look at the situation without the bias of their dislike for Cristiano Ronaldo. Say, for example, that attack on Diaby last season. No different.

22. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, pretty much. Bitching about it doesn't seem to help much.

C'mon, Purseboy was on the ground (again) and the guy gave him a little kick in the stomach. I didn't see it as an attempt to cause a serious injury. Ball did it, and he accepted his ban, end of story.

23. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kind of make this message board pointless, no? After all, bitching about anything on here doesn't seem to help much.
    I would wager that your opinion would be drastically different if either Henry or Cesc was on the end of Ball's stamp.

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course my opinion would be different if it was an Arsenal player that got stamped. But it wasn't, it was Crissy. Who could resist giving him a little kick when given the opportunity? Ball probably just wanted to see him cry a little, its natural. By the way, Mel B agrees with me on this one, so i know i'm not alone in feeling this way. :)

Cheers Mel. ;)

25. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Stamping on someone has no place in football and its stupid to think otherwise.