Cristian Zapata, new hero in Europe (comments & news)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by Hartfield, Nov 19, 2005.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: zapata ,,new hero in Euro

Udinese have done everything by the book. Seem to be a very proper team.
    They have loaned Abel Aguilar to Ascoli for the season to "season him." Aguilar initially had problems getting his work permit/visa for Italy, but at the end of September finally got cleared. He joined Ascoli's first team for training sessions as of the second week in October, but hasn't featured in any action - seemingly just being another practice player. Its hard to tell what's up with the situation with Ascoli - its understandable that a player who missed preseason and the start of a season completely be left on the bench while he gets in shape, but since he is a loan player there is little incentive to through him out there unless they are in desperate straights since they'd probably prefer to develop their own youth players.

2. eulersmethod

eulersmethod New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    fort lauderdale, USA

but aguilar isnt even in italy. i never heard of anything like what they are doing, of naming a player on the official line up that they have to give to the referees or federation or whatever, every single week, while the player isnt even in the country. OBVIOUSLY they must be doing something right because the italian federation doesnt seem to do anything about it. but it seems they do this in order to get around some kind of law that im not aware of.
    just like they do when they want a bunch of foreign players on one team, they naturalize them and then they count as italian.

if udinese didnt have a space for aguilar why didnt they just put him on loan with deportico cali? wouldnt that be better than having ascoli list him in the line up for like 3 or 4 months while he isnt even in europe? i see absolutely no logic in that. to me it looks like money laundering, in this case the money being aguilar.

3. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

Aguilar has been on the bench on the last 2 games, I think he could start IF he stays in Ascoli..Before he wasn't even on the bench but since the last 2 games there has been improvement. Zapata with that goal he scored proably won his spot.

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

loan to Cali? Ascoli are probably paying more for Aguilar than Cali would ever do for a Loan, besides his fees are out of Cali's range right now.

5. eulersmethod

eulersmethod New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    fort lauderdale, USA

the point of sending him to cali would be to keep him playing? he IS the guy who is going to replace that african guy in the midfield isnt he? its not like they signed him to just sit around and do nothing. they are expecting aguilar to take over their midfield.
    and its not impossible for cali to get him on loan right now. atletico nacional was talking about trying to bring perea from bordeux on loan for 6 months. and if atl nacional could possibly do something like that, im sure dep cali could too.

udinese is a top italian club, why would they, KNOWING that he would not be used in ascoli, let him stay there for 4 months? and why was he in colombia with such a low profile? he didnt give any interviews to anyone or anything. and its not like he is going to get to play for ascoli now. the year is over. and udinese wants him on january first. so am i missing something here? either something is shady, or the udinese people dont know what the hell theyre doing. but then i ask my self, how could a club that does well in serie A not know what they are doing?

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

THey do know what they are doing man, kinda what Inter did with Adriano.
    They are investing in their future.

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

They DO know what they are doing. He is NOT replacing Obodo over the African Cup, and as far as I know he has NOT been recalled on his loan.

He hasn't played yet this season because he had work permit issues and missed all of preseason and the first month and a half of his loan to Ascoli.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    recuerdan estos dias y estos posters!???

a good old daysssssssssssssss