Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The fact that the whistleblower is being prosecuted now too seems very odd to me too.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think the whistle-blower admitted/confessed to his actions but admittedly I haven't

I think the guy could be allowed to be a sócio, however I don't think he has anymore interest to run again nor do I really have interest to see another "circus" and the divisiveness that it brings .

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Whats the point though? Allowing him to be a socio again will just bring up a bunch a drama. Its a lose lose.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    As long as he is out, there will continue to be a divide, its just not been as evident because there have been no fans at the games.

I think the question should be posed to the sócios. Do you want this person back among you? Why not let people vote on it?

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I donno, I think people will forget about him eventually. Bringing it to a vote just gives him more power and prominence.

6. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I guess all the cases against LFV and Benfica are perfect examples. lots of evidence to prosecute but for some reason hammer never falls. Gotta Love Portugual.

In this particular case, I truly believe if there was enough evidence to convict him, he would've been convicted. What he is personally or what people think of him is irrelevant. opinions mean nothing, facts are everything.

7. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly! let the socios determine his fate. I think the current admin would actually gain some popularity points by doing the right thing as apposed to what they;re doing now.

8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    We all know the legal system in Portugal is a joke . Enough said