Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    MAG decided that the movement to organize an assembly to vote out Varandas has irregularities and therefore won't go through with it.

2. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol you gotta love bragas continued attempt to attack Sporting. Embarrassing tbh, just shows how they are benfica b.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Trying to take avantage of us to take over our 3rd place spot.

But even playing terrible football and split in half we're still ahead of them

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    shocker :rolleyes:

Dictatorship at its finest.

5. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I am hearing from insiders at Sporting that there is a movement to split off and form a new club.

You guys really are becoming the new Belensenses.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Damn, my insiders are saying that some people within benfica are thinking about going straight and not paying off league officials anymore. Apparently its causing massive turmoil in the club (they just don't know how to operate without cheating) and they're thinking about splitting in to four distinct clubs.

SCP_16 repped this.
  7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I’m not a benfiquista btw.
    There is a movement in Sporting to split and create a new club with Bruno de Carvalho as president.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    FC SportFica with BdC as the galactic president. Old news.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    FIFA said that we don't have any right to compensation for the 2 remaining cases, Rafael Leao and Ruben Ribeiro.

We're gonna appeal to the TAD, the supreme sports authority.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    BdC announces his candidacy for president. Says he will fight to be reintegrated at the club and then run for president because he's tired of seeing the club be humiliated.

11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    This circus is entertaining if nothing else.......

12. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    If I was a Sportinguista I would vote for Bruno de Carvalho.

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol ironic considering he brought out humiliation to a global stage.

I thought he couldn't run for president since he was kicked out?

Anyways, the kid should look after his mental health and bankruptcy before running for anything.

dipluso repped this.
  14. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Bdc at least fought for your club.
    I admired him his only problem was speaking too much on social media and the attack at alcochete.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He can't. He was expelled as a socio.

There would need to be another assembly called, either by the MAG or by getting 1000 signatures from club members, then the vote would need to be 2/3 majority.

Even if that happened and he was reinstated, you have to be a paying socio for 5 straight years without interruption to run for president.

Its just a way to try to get back in the limelight.

dipluso and SCP21 repped this.
  16. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dude, you really need to give it up. I don't agree with calling out players on social media and stuff, but if that's what you classify as humiliation to the club on a global stage, then I guess that's your opinion.

I don't agree with some things he did, but in my opinion he's been one of the best Presidents we've had on a very long time and has won trophies via different sports.

If you're still referring to the attack on academy, as of now there seems to be noting pointing to him being behind the attack.

Lets just call a spade a spade and go on facts vs hearsay.

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I agree. The fact is, under his leadership, Sporting has never been more embarrassed and humiliated. That is a fact. Even if he didnt directly cause the attack, it's pretty clear the culture he created brought it on. Sporting has never been in a worse position in its history than what BdC left it in.

I dont know why I need to give up my valid opinion but you can keep your opinion for some reason...

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We used to compete with Madrid and Barcelona. Now we get humiliated by minnows.

This Sporting is arguably the worst in history.

ScpBoy77 and heavy1981 repped this.
  19. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    But if he had no control or this was all setup to oust him (which is quite possible in Portugal), then why is he to blame? It's like blaming Trump for the corona-virus deaths in Washington. Maybe that's a bad example lol, but you get what i'm trying to say.

Not when he left, when he was ousted and I believe there's more to this and we'll see when the dust settles. A lot of things don't make sense and there are some people behind all this and 3 names come to mind, but we can discuss that if and when it's true.

I don't know about being the in worse position ever, look at their current state. pretty sad.
    40% of the 515 NOS deal has been used
    over 120 million in player sales
    The investor loan they received from apollo which I believe was about 60 million or so
    Where all this money go?
    Sell off good players and don't replace them.

The trophies won was with inherited squad.

How many different coaches, Peseiro, Tiago Fernandes, Keizer, Leonel, Silas, and now reportedly Ruben Amorim who's a self proclaimed benfiquista and we're supposedly paying 10 million for a guy who has 10 games under his belt and isn't even licensed as a coach. Am I the only one who see's something wrong with this picture? What the hell is this, Chelsea buying villas boas? This is unreal.
    Also, rumor is he'll be making 2.5 million a year in salary, yet we get rid of players like as Dost?

I can go on and on on facts about this current regime all in a year in a half. I always said Godinho Lopes was the worst president in SCP history, Varandas if he hasn't surpassed him, he's very close to becoming the worse.

So sad to see where this club has gone.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    100%. Team used to compete, stadium was full, now it's total opposite. The old sporting is back where everyone fills their stomach and pockets at the cost of SCP.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Why can't we have a president that's firm, serious, but doesn't have all the crazy BdC has? I guess that just doesn't exist.

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What? It's in no way at all like blaming trump for the corona virus. Man, he publically embarrassed the squad multiple times. It made the press around the world. The squad banded together to say this treatment is not acceptable. Remember when Setubal beat us and he takes it to social media again and then pulls all our on loan players, who were finally starting and developing well? Man this shit doesnt happen in real life. This is all unprecedented.

What inherited squad? All the players rescinded lol.

I'm not defending Varandas in any way, hes obviously trash. But pretending BdC wasnt trash doesnt help anything.

23. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The attack on academy made press around the world. Other things that you mentioned made local press in Portugal, but that's natural with SCP just like academy attack. Other soccer incidents around the world don't get embellished like this attack and players don't rescind like at scp.
    You know what else made global news, Benfica's corruption scandals and last time I checked, their president is still there. Just saying.

Bas Dost, Fernandes, Acuna, Battaglia were all there and stayed with club.

Now we have a useless president that spends 10 million on a coach with 10 games of coaching under his belt and who can't conduct flash interviews until 2021 because he isn't a licensed coach.

JOKE!!

I want a president with BDC's ambitions and balls and no social media.

24. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm sure he's out there somewhere. It's not what we currently have though.

You hear him speak yesterday introducing Amorim? Dude can't put a sentence together.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah I'm not sure if Benedito would be any better in terms of managing a football club, but at least the guy could speak and has leadership qualities (former SCP captain)