Crisis at Sporting CP | President vs. Players

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Apr 6, 2018.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bdc did all that too. Difference is LFV isnt an insane man that attacks his own players.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    UPDATE: Apparently the search currently taking place at Juve Leo HQ is actually in relation to suspicions of drug trafficking, with drugs allegedly found at the scene. Not sure if its something they found by chance or if it was the reason for the warrant.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Please provide proof. Have you watched Portuguese soccer in the last 5 years?

You think it's some random coincidence that Benfica is getting investigated for like 30 crimes? Shits making national media.

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Never said benfica was innocent

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    BdC and Mustafa will spent another night in jail as the judge is only set to appear tomorrow.

Media is speculating that two intercepted phone calls just before the attack were determinate in apprehending the former president.

The alleged first call was on May 13th, just after the loss at Maritimo and 2 days before the attack, with BdC allegedly giving the green light for Juve Leo to harass the players. Allegedly Rui Caiero (board member at the time) is a witness to this conversation.

The alleged 2nd call was after the attack, when SCP announced they suspended relations with Juve Leo. Mustafa, the group's leader, didn't like this and called BdC. Bruno Jacinto, who was apprehended a few weeks ago as a suspect and was the club's official liaison to the supporters group, overheard the conversation, in which BdC said that the suspension was just a farce to save face.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Surreal stuff. You have to be pretty deranged to think it would have ended up any other way than it did. What was he hoping for?

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Then where's your proof to insinuating that BDC did the same thing?

No way you can compare the 2. LFV is making international headlines with his corruption, which apparently goes unpunished in Portugal. According to the JP, they "need more time" to study the allegations.

Meanwhile, BDC is arrested less than 6 months later.

Although I agree that BDC should be locked up and that is a complete sociopath., Don't be fooled. Portugal is definitely on a mission to marginalize SCP any way they can.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nah they aren't. Shocking as it may be, Sporting isn't the first thing on the worlds mind. No one is actively trying to bring the club down except BdC. Doesn't make sense, why would porto and benfica concern themselves with such a shitty and non-competitive club that has no impact on them. Complain all you want, SCP still gets benefited more than every team in the league besides benfica and porto. Just look at last game. A questionable red and non existant penalty won us the game. No point playing the victim card constantly.

As for proof, theres multiple articles out there that BdC bought refs. Search for em if you want, shouldn't be hard to find.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Give it time. The contexts are different. In our case, it was a leader who was very vocal of his disapproval of the squad turning into physical assault with terrorism charges (maybe a bit excessive I admit) and a much publicized event.

In Benfica's case, LFV is notoriously quiet, it's a case of subterfuge and requires deeper investigation to uncover the truth. But Paulo Goncalves (LFV's right hand man) is formally accused of over 90 crimes and sooner or later the dots will be connected.

More developments - TVI is reporting that BdC indicted on 56 crimes. Image below:

[​IMG]

Source: https://maisfutebol.iol.pt/sporting...alho-os-56-crimes-pelos-quais-esta-indiciado/

SCP21 repped this.
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

LOL so naive. Crazy. Just out of curiosity, how much Portuguese soccer do you watch? Honestly, how many SCP, FCP and SLB games do you watch? This will shed plenty of light.

Not sure how long you've been watching SCP, but while I agree our lack of success over the last 18 years is predominantly our fault, there is absolutely no doubt that Portugal is a corrupt country with a corrupt soccer league. It was exposed in 2004 (and Porto received virtually no punishment) and again within the last 5 years with SLB. If you kept up with the league and watched these SLB games, you would see how obvious the corruption is.

Yes, SCP benefits from poor and corrupt reffing, but they are still marginalized for the sake of SLB. There is no way Portugal would ever let SCP become champions, even if SLB & FCP collapsed and SCP went on a tear. Portugal will not allow it.

Too many Benfica fans in Portugal, the same fans that are running the country and league. There are no checks and balances. This less about SLB and FCP concerning themselves with SCP and more about FCP & SLB trying to fix THEIR games.

Saying that SCP still gets benefited, but not as much FCP & SCP is a ridiculous thing to say. So as long as FCP & SLB gets more benefits than everyone, it's all good and anything that happens to SPC is their own fault?

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Not sure why i have to keep repeating this, but i agree the league is corrupt. And i never said otherwise.

Ive seen basically every SCP game for the last 15 years. I dont watch FCP or SLB because I dont care about them. I dont understand why anyone who claims to hate them watches so many rival games?

You would have no way of knowing if portugal would ever let sporting be champions because weve never had a championship caliber squqd. You said that yourself.

Pretty much everything happens to SCP is our fault, yes. Benfica and porto didnt elect bdc. They didnt spend millions on shitty players. They didnt destroy the academy. They didnt hire the most expensive coach in the world. They didnt focus all their energy on a rival instead of trying to win.

Anyways, weve had this argument many times and were obviously not gonna agree on this.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Stopped reading at that point. If you don't any games outside of SCP games, then you have no credibility to discuss the state of the league.

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Again, i didnt say that. I said i dont watch porto or benfica. Why would you watch rival games? I dont know any united fans who cant miss a city game.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Record saying Atletico still willing to negotiate a deal for Gelson, even with BdC arrested. The fear was that with BdC involved, we might lose the proceedings for the players that rescinded.

[​IMG]

15. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Couldn't agree more. Everything in Portugal regarding Benfica gets "archived' eventually. The country doesn't have balls to hold LFV and Benfica accountable for their corruption.

I wouldn't say Portugal is on a mission to marginalize SCP, I would say their on a mission to Protect their baby SLB and don't care who gets hurt in the process.

16. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    AMEN to that. So obvious a blind man can see it.

17. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    With all due respect, watching other teams and being in the know will help anyone be educated on what's going on and allows us to discuss facts and not talk about crap.

Porto did spend money on shitty players. Do you not remember the great Lupitegi who came in, demanded a bunch of players and did nothing and left porto in a financial mess which their still trying to clean up?

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I watch enough to know what Im talking about, still have no interest in spending 4 hours a week watching two teams i hate. Its clear in my mind that the league is not trying its best to marginalize SCP. Its also clear that the league benefits the big 3 over all other clubs (last game was a perfect example). And its clear that they benefit benfica the most at whatever cost.

Whats most clear is Sporting needs to stop this ooooh pooor me im the victim everyone hates me attitude. Its embarrassing. Sporting is not the victim, the league is.

I phrased that last one badly - I meant its not thsir fault that we keep spending millions on shitty players.

19. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How is that a questionable red? The guy went 2 feet in for a tackle. It's a direct red. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. The penalty is even better. The ref stopped nani from taking the pk and warned the defender to not put his arm around him and hold BasDost. He did it anyway and prevented him from jumping. Penalty. weak, maybe, but still a pk.

He's why you (generally speaking) should watch other games too. If you watched the SLB game, you would see that Tondela should've been awarded a PK when it was 1-1 and instead SLB goes down the field and scores a goal on a offside play. No VAR.

For the record, if it wasn't for SLB and their shady ways, SCP should've been crowd champions in JJ's first year. 79 goals for and 86 points.

After SLB passed us with that 1-0 win where Ruiz missed that infamous open net, They went 9-0 to finish off season with many many questionable calls.

That same season SLB opened the season with 3 losses in first 8 games and people were calling for Rui's head.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bdc and Mustafa spending another night in jail as they appeared before a judge, yet due to a strike by the staff they didn't get a chance to respond (or not) to the charges.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What will happen to Juve Leo if Mustafa is imprisoned?

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. Let's add to the fact that Benfica and LFV are currently being "investigated" for 30 different crimes, yet they've been prosecuted for none. h wait, the ministerio publico "needs more time" (LMAO):

MaisTempo.JPG

BDC and Mustafa are arrested less than 6 months after the attacks. Meanwhile, Benfica are making national headlines across the world's biggest publications for corruption, match fixing, and money laundering charges. All with absolutely no arrests whatsoever:

Just hilarious that Benfica is going after small bloggers who are exposing their corruption. Why go after small bloggers? What's there to hide?

Fact is, whether SCP21 wants to accept or not, Portugal will always do it's best to maintain SLB at highest position while marginalizing their rivals (SCP). It's obvious in the games, and SCP21 would know that if he watched them. It's called an even playing field.

Despite poor performances and mismanagement, Sporting is also going up against the entire country every day in Portugal. Those are the facts.

@heavy1981 In reference to the Benfica Tondela game. Not only did they miss the PK aganst Tondela and allow Benfica to score offside, they also gave a Tondela player 2 yellow cards (red card) in 3 minutes and gave another red card towards the end of the game.

Offside:

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They have an election based system, he was recently re-elected with no opposition, but if he ends up in jail a long time, I can only assume that they would elect someone else.

Of course, there is also the drug trafficking suspicions. Not that this is solely at Juve Leo, it's obviously a general issue with the big supporter groups. As bad as this event was, I wonder if the government takes any steps towards curbing the supporter groups like they did in England. At least Varandas has tried to limit their benefits.

Side note, I'm amazed how many are still on BdC's side. He had supporters waiting outside the court the whole day chanting their support for him, and on ForumSCP if you speak against BdC you're lynched. I wonder if there will still be this support if he ends up being found guilty.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah its actually crazy the amount of support he has. People refuse to believe he did anything wrong. They all still hate Bruno Fernandes too.

25. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If he's found guilty, how can anyone still support this guy? Only idiots.