Crewboy Craig: Taps

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    "We had to change everything," coach Greg Andrulis said

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    that stat is fucking embarassing...

4. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin

5. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Good time to start....it just takes some people longer to identify the 0-39-2 trend.

6. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Three players depart for duty with U-23s at inopportune time

From the same edition of the Dispatch:

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    So there you have it. Martino isn't happy with the Crew.

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm most concerned with the absence of Buddle and Akwari, more than I am of Martino's leaving. However, now that I think about it, Greg would probably bench Akwari to put Williams back out there. So this is probably better for Akwari. As for Buddle, I guess the bright side is that Cunny finally saw some minutes last weekend. I'm hoping that he'll come out and really do his best to score. I think that if he's really serious about going to another club, that'll he want a strong showing in his last two games with the Crew.

Martino needs something to change to get his head back on straight. He hasn't been the same this season, and certainly not since getting hacked down in France.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    you think anyone is with how this team is going right now? i would bet that there are a lot of guys that are ready for a change, whether it be with certain players or coaches...who knows.

i did notice this; midway through the chicago game they had a close-up of mcbride after he dropped back to accept a pass in midfield and he was ignored for a long blast up the field...the look on his face was one of "jesus, just pass me the damn ball when i am open, what the hell are you doing."

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe we've never won a game when trailing at the half.

11. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I think the Crew won a playoff game while trailing at the half.

12. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Re: Re: Crewboy Craig: Taps

I know the Crew have won at least nine matches when trailing at the half with their last such victory, I believe, being the US Open Cup semifinal when they trailed Kansas City at half time.

The Crew have never won a match on the road when trailing at half time - regular season, playoffs, Open Cup or any other meaningful competition.