Pre-match: Crew vs Toronto FC 3/28 :: pre-game/wager thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Grouchy, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I tell you, we really need to get immigration under control in this country. Look at all the sewer garbage coming down from the north.

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hey guys, I started following the Crew at the beginning of last season, now I'll finally be able to attend my first game. Pretty pumped. Question: if you had to choose between sitting in the northwest corner (left side of the stage I think...whichever isn't the Nordecke) or on the second level (east side) on the halfway line, which would you choose? I'm thinking halfway line, though I'm not sure which section would have more TFC fans. Ugh.

Thanks for the feedback, and go Crew.

3. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, that's the same argument I'm having with myself. I think I'm going to go for the Northwest corner, but I'll probably end up just walking over to the Nordecke anyway. Any way you look at it though, there isn't a bad seat in the place, except the South end.

4. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TFC will be in the South End, maybe scattered in other spots as individuals, but the organized groups will be in the South. NW corner and East Upper Deck should be ok

5. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Nordecke hosts some of the cheapest tickets in the stadium and the best atmosphere (unless your bringing kids and dont like them to hear "bad" words). You might not have as good of field vision to see the game, but the atmosphere more then makes up for it.

6. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incidentally, can you buy Nordecke tickets at the gate? Is it just GA?

7. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm not too familiar with the Nordecke ticket situation. How does that work? I've seen the Nordecke on TV, seems like fun. And I'm guaranteed to drop all sorts of foul language aimed at those f----- Canadian a---h--- no matter where I sit. Perhaps even some German swears to mix it up a bit.

8. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nordecke tickets aren't open to the public as far as I know.
    Tickets can be purchased through Crew Unions website or check out www.hudsonstreethooligans.com to see the steps to get tickets in our section.
    (or you could just PM me with your requests) we have 15 dollar tickets in section 141 for every game this year.You can pick them up at Ruby Tuesdays (just down the street from the stadium, day of game)

9. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to check with the lady-friend I'm bringing and see what she thinks.

10. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if I have a friend coming in from out of town and wants to go to the game, the only way that he can get a ticket into the Nordecke is through either CSU or HSH?

11. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your friend vetoes the Nordecke:

-East side upper will have a better view of the game, but there may be some TFC fans closeby. Canadians bought the entire south end, and their overflow is the southern part of the eastern upper deck (I'd guess sections 208-210)

-Northwest corner won't have anywhere near as good a view, but you'll be close on a few corner kicks, and you'll get a good view of the players leaving and entering the field, since the tunnel and lockerrooms are in the northwest corner of the stadium. You'll have a slightly better atmosphere in the stands too, as there shouldn't be many TFC fans, and the fans in the NW corner are usually more vocal and passionate than those in the upper deck.

-If you can get the Nordecke approved though, go with that. It's a very fun atmosphere, and if you can handle the language, the experience is very conducive to return visits.

12. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if the Crew have any leftover, they'll sell them at the box office at the stadium. At least they did last year.

13. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still wondering about Ekpo's place. I'd love for him to have a breakout game and ball similiar to Jay-Jay Okocha in central midfield. Those cool strides from defense to offense are quick but not too quick where others can't keep up.

14. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osubowler, Cleazer is most likely right but your going to be paying anywhere from 5-7 dollars more for the same type of ticket...

15. Indy footballer

Indy footballer New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and daughter appear to be out since there is a 60% chance of rain. That leaves me an extra ticket in section 109. I prefer to be in Nordecke when flying solo so if anyone has a Nordecke ticket and wants two conventional seats let me know. I think 109 may be Canuck free, if not, they're Canadian. Buy 'em a beer and talk retarded, you should make a new friend.

16. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How long is Rogers out for?

17. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBA. Sounds like he could be a possibility.
    Injury Update
    Good progress for Moffat, at least.

18. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Cool. I will make it to the Nordecke eventually I think, but for the TFC game I ended up getting two tickets in section 132. Does anyone know where I can find a more detailed seating map? I'm curious as to how far up/down my seats are (they're in the teens). Any idea?

19. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the letter/number of the aisle?

20. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh, duh, I completely overlooked the row number (19). I just looked at the seats. Brain fart.

Thanks.

21. CrewNoob

CrewNoob Member

May 7, 2008
    Huntington, WV
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, I hope that didn't come off as sarcastic. I was seriously asking. I may end up sitting near you then, as I think I'll probably get tickets in that general vicinity as well.

22. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nah, I didn't perceive any sarcasm.

I will probably be one of many in a yellow rain poncho, btw. :D

23. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you're obviously 19 rows up. I think there's either 24 or 26 rows in that section.

You should actually get a better view of the field from higher up.

24. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely.
    If anyone wants a Nordecke ticket, you should buy it from HSH or Crew Union if you are able to (or La Turbina if you know how to get ahold of those guys), not only because it's cheaper than at the ticket window, but because that way you're also supporting those groups.

25. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four days until Crewsmas!!!!!

This is a day everyone can come celebrate no mader if you're Crewistian, Crewish, Crewdist, Crewindu or anyother Crewligion. We do not discriminate..... Unless you're Canadian :D