Pre-match: Crew vs Orlando 4/18/15

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cleazer, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

result of Crew v Orlando 4/18/15

Poll closed Apr 18, 2015.
  1. win by 2 or more (sounds good to me)

27.6%
  2. win by 1 (just win baby)

43.1%
  3. tie (getting a streak going)

10.3%
  4. lose by 1 (we probably got another red card)

3.4%
  5. lose by 2 or more (that's not good)

3.4%
  6. win and Pipa goal (he's due)

6.9%
  7. Kei Kamara hat trick (worth 3 grouchy points)

5.2%
  1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe.... Fairgrounds gets $5 and only $5.

2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh... owww... I'm still reeling hours later...

3. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still just smh at some of the negative comments on here about prices. $15 isn't great, but I thought I'd dig around and see what other fans pay for parking around the league:

Chicago: $15 for stadium parking.

Colorado: No parking fees, included in ticket price (and their tickets are the same or cheaper than CCSC).

Columbus: $15 for stadium parking.

DC United: $20 for stadium parking.

FC Dallas: No parking fees (from what I can tell).

Houston: $10 stadium parking, $5 lots also available further away.

LA: $15-$40 for stadium parking.

Montreal: $20 for stadium garage parking. However, there is a metro line very close to the stadium.

New England: No parking fees. Ticket prices are comparable to CCSC.

NYCFC: $25 (from what I can tell).

NYRB: $7-$10. However, on NYRB's own site they recommend you park in Newark (the stadium is 1.5-2.0 miles away in Harrison) or take mass transit, since it's such a pain in the ass to actually get there.

Orlando: $20, no stadium parking.

Philly: $20 for stadium parking.

Portland: No stadium parking. Portland's official website advises fans to use SmartPark garages. The closest one is 0.5 mile away, and costs $5.

RSL: Couldn't find a price, though I saw parking described as "ridiculous" and "expensive" by a number of fans.

San Jose: $25-$40 for stadium parking.

Seattle: $10-$33. To park 0.06 miles away from the stadium (closest possible) it's $20. Next closest (0.23 miles) is $33. Then 0.29 miles away is $15, and 0.41 is $10. There more if you're interested (http://www.parkwhiz.com/centurylink-field-parking/portland-timbers-at-seattle-sounders-fc-314630/)

SKC: Parking for STH is free and 0.3 miles away. Parking for everyone else isn't (couldn't find prices) and is 0.7-1.0 miles away.

TFC: $14* for stadium parking. (* Usual price is $14, though that can go up to $25 depending on events going on in the area that particular day).

Vancouver: $15-$30 for stadium parking.

So really, the parking price really isn't that bad (though I think we all agree we'd rather pay $10). I'd say it's average or slightly better than average. Feel free to ignore this though and continue to complain if you want :)

POdinCowtown repped this.
  4. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    $15 is way to much for mud parking. It is supply and demand though. If people stop paying, it will go down.

5. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting info. I commend you for your research. Pretty interesting to see.
    However, the casual fan doesn't know this info. They just know what their own experience is. That's been my point all along, which I'm not sure you're seeing. Make it a good experience all the way around (including parking fees/conveniences relative to what people are used to locally), and people will be happy and come back.
    Cheers!

6. Belgrano

Belgrano Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    anyone know a good place to watch in the Dayton area? I'll be around there this evening... hoping to still catch the game.

7. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In honor of our purple foes this evening:

8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*wipes away tears*

No. Your best bet is some big chain restaurant with TW. No specific soccer places I'm aware of.

9. svc641

svc641 Member+

Aug 19, 2014
    West Liberty
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck. From everyone's report here about the Dayton area, it's a hell hole that should be left to burn to the ground.

10. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Might be a long shot, just found I could make the match. Anyone have an extra (or 2) they are trying to sell

11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. I'm not an OSU fan at all, couldn't care less tbh. But what are their parking prices/situation like? I know the capacity of the stadium formerly known as columbus crew stadium is about 20k, isn't Ohio Stadium around 90 or 100k? Just interested to see those numbers, because I've already seen the CBJ numbers. I know going from $10 to $15 is quite the markup (50% obviously) but I really doubt people are sitting at home saying to themselves the hell with going to the crew game it costs five bucks more. Just my 2 cents :)