Post-match: Crew vs Crimson Cup Cows Tues Sept 13 2021 7:30pm

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TKyle, Sep 13, 2021.

?

GROUCHY POINT(TM) POLL: Result??

Poll closed Sep 14, 2021.
  1. Double shot espresso: Crew win by two or more

9.4%
  2. Ice-cold Mt. Dew: Crew win by one

31.3%
  3. The last Keurig K-cup pod: All right, we'll call it a draw!

15.6%
  4. Luke-warm Red bull: Crew lose by one

12.5%
  5. Cocaine in bathwater: Crew lose by two or more

12.5%
  6. This new training center is pretty swanky! --Big J and Chr1st

6.3%
  7. Hispanic Heritage double: Zelarayan bags 2 goals--worth TWO points!

12.5%
  1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So after last night's results we kept pace with Miami....problem is they played two less games than us.

So going forward we just need to have a few more improbable wins and hope that Miami, Montreal, Philly, Atlanta, and DC all have multiple improbable losses.

Also, we end the season AT DCU. Most of us who have been around the block as Crew fans know that's not a recipe for happiness.

So soak in last night's win. Watch the Berry highlights on repeat. And pray that management keeps the unvaxxed players on this squad far away from Berry, a lone bright spot in a terrible, terrible season.

2. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's almost as if playing conservative possession oriented soccer with a backline leakier than a sieve was never a good strategy and we threw an entire season away before CoachBot figured it out.

YITBOS, the_rickler and hangthadj repped this.
  3. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Even moreso against teams built to high press. The midfield is a black hole where attacking soccer goes to die. Everyone's default pass is to the center backs. We miss Aiden Morris (and to a lesser extent Artur) more than anyone could have imagined. Right flank is also a lost cause anytime Diaz is in, and Zardes and Berry are the only guys willing to crash the net. Just largely unwatchable soccer save for 5-10 minutes each half.

4. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will note that RBNY scored while "Wings of an Eagle" was being chanted. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Paul171121 repped this.
  5. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Indians and the Tampa Bay Rays have exchange policies too. I think it is common for exchange dates to be on less popular game days (ie not vs Yankees or on a holiday weekend). That was also the case with the old Crew policy. There were something like 10 of the 17 regular season matches you could exchange into, like the midweek games and poorer weather seasons.

6. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having an exchange policy when you're hopeful that every game will be at or near capacity seems odd. This is one change that I certainly miss but I don't hold against the FO.

At the old place I pretty much gave up on exchanging tickets. My section, 107, was not one where I could ever get tickets in the exchange program, so it was always a downgrade. At the new place, I'm sure this would be the same as many of the sections are sold out.

I've had decent luck on the secondary market thus far. I haven't had to eat a single ticket. I've sold all of them at right around the season ticket discounted price. Until yesterday's game, I had 3 to sell and set the price at $50 rather than $70 or $75 as I usually have done.They sold though.

I don't know what the FO could do to accommodate an exchange policy. They make it pretty easy to re-sell your tickets (though the 10% commission does take a bite). They will also gladly sell you discounted tickets to other matches. It's kind of a do-it-yourself exchange policy.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which makes sense, but also doesn't.

Obviously, that game would sell mass quantities even if it was at 4:30pm on a Tuesday. It's one of the a-list games of the season. I remember when they did those "green seats" and fans were outside early that AM, partly due to the fact it was a Friday vs Pittsburgh. Compare to other games that had green seats available an hour or two beforehand. They had some sort of open house one season where the first fans got tickets to "a preseason game." The first in line had camped out overnight, just on the sole chance that the game was vs Pittsburgh.

But at the same time, if it was part of the exchange policy, would it prevent some away fans from getting tickets?

8. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    When you said Gasoline, I thought you were referring to the Afghan Wigs song, which would be more of an FCC thing.

Seconded.

Hairston's timidity in the first half was making me irritated. Zardes laid off a ball for him at the top of the box to step into and shoot. But he declined to take the shot. Later Lucas was doubleteamed in the corner and passed through an opponent's leg to Hairston who could have dribbled into the box but instead swung around and backpassed to a CB.

Late in the match I thought we had a good combo with Lucas and Matan on the left side and Zardes and Berry on the right side.

9. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Mmm, so bad they are good.

10. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say Gasoline song and I think of Seether. Lol

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Go to town
    Burn it down
    Turn around
    And get my stroll on baby....

12. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bring Back the Crewzers!

TRUJDUB repped this.
  13. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They hold up signs with C-R-E-W on them, just like the capos do for other chants. Your oost is misleading.

Bill Archer repped this.
  14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apologies. How can I clarify?

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey hang. Life is more than Crew. Go ******** yourself. Thanks in advance.

chr1st and LaMacchia repped this.