Crew vs Chicago:: pre-game/wager thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Grouchy, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'd be delirious if they could put Thomas in and leave the other two on the bench, but that appears impossible. A torn muscle isn't like a sprain and it'll be awhile. If we're going to do it, it'll have to be without the bald guy.

2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever number you pick, I'm taking the over.

3. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taking a look at ticketmaster yesterday, it seemed like ticket sales were fairly slow for today's game. I think everyone was probably planning on staying home and watching the OSU game in the comfort of their own living room instead. I have a bad feeling that it's not going to be a pretty crowd.

4. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Mea culpa....I was taught to read from the top down. Maybe, if it's that impt., next time you could put the instructions BEFORE the poll.

Hook 'em horns,

;)

peter

Ps: I'm on bus number two and we're just a few miles away from CCS.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you using a blackberry to post into BS or something? good lord. :rolleyes:

6. Peter Wilt

Peter Wilt Member

Jun 11, 1999
    Whitefish Bay, WI
    Yeah. Feeding several addictions simultaneously - BS, BB and CF. Bus couldn't leave CCS until 10:30 pm due to driver rest mandates. We're just now somewhere around Indianapolis.

Was a good win for Fire. Pickens saved us. Crew is showing signs of life. You have a very good coach and your future is bright - though it may be hard to see right now.

peter

7. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, I wish I could comment on the game, but somebody dropped the ball with regard to televising this one. You know, MLS promotes Direct Kick, but then 3 of our last 4 homegames aren't even going to be on DK or any other TV network. Maybe they expect that this will force Crew fans to attend the games, but for those of us that can't always make a longer drive, it stinks.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have cameras at the games (all games are filmed, and cameras for the videoboard), along with radio broadcasts.

Would it really be that expensive to combine the two and put it on direct kick only? It wouldn't be fancy, camera angles might suck at times, but is something better than nothing?

Here's our schedule for the rest of the season.

9/16 - Saturday @ New York Red Bulls 7:30 PM
    9/23 - Saturday Houston Dynamo 7:30 PM
    9/30 - Saturday FC Dallas 7:30 PM
    10/07 - Saturday @ Chicago Fire 8:30 PM
    10/14 - Saturday @ New England Revolution 7:30 PM

5 games left, all remaining away games are on ONN, Direct Kick, and MLSLive. The two home games are not televised.

9. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was able to make it to the game. Not many others were. I have to think the Crew were hoping for a slightly larger crowd than what they got for the OSU viewing party. Warzycha was still watching the game out in the tent when I left for home. I think all the other Crew players had left by that time.