Post-match: Crew v. Rapids: Nordecke-gate discussion.

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by HardHatMike, Jun 26, 2011.

1. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  2. casa de pain

casa de pain Member

May 14, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Saw it on TV. Assumed Kevin farted.

3. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

Bradford City Association Football Club
    May 11, 1999
    Land of the Lizard People, or so I'm told
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Awesome.

4. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No but CSC almost shat.

5. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

6. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

May 11, 1999
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah, it was pretty great how all those people moved to a different section staffed with minimal security, yet nothing bad happened. It's almost if, I dunno, like if the supporters sections were left alone the problems with them might actually decrease?

[​IMG]

7. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that I have been reading some of the accounts I am truly happy for the solidarity shown by the SGs, not that my opinion matters. What does matter, I hope, is that they sounded GREAT from 124!! I do not understand the physics of the acoustics of the SGs sitting by the stage, but once they were upstairs, the sound was awesome!! It was even so good that there were more folks around us singing than I have EVER heard!! When we heard “MASSIVE” from that side, there were a lot of people on our side shouting “We are”. It was all very exciting to me and Liz even commented how it seemed different. I know the SGs would much rather be in the Nordecke and close to the players and the field, but there was something special about the atmosphere in the stadium, at least from where we were, that makes me wonder what it might be like if the SGs, or some group, were to start forming the NorNordecke.

8. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Dropping Loads!

9. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I thought it was because of the stage rather than some SG utopian society. Luckily it worked out.

Just sayin'

10. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I think it's clear that we need to write an anti-CSC chant for next game.

11. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

Chad just smelled it!

12. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, don't think so. Counter productive in relations with security.

Besides, why berate the majority of the security who do a reasonable job (with the instructions they are given) because of a very few anuses.

13. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't notice until after the game, but I didn't hear YSA even once last night.

15. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear "Steve",

Sounds like you deserve a swift kick to the junk from the rest of the Nordecke. If you can't support The Crew from anywhere in the Nordecke BUT the front row, then please just do the rest of us a favor and GTFO. There are plenty of available seats around the stadium where you can still get your face on TV and hound players for jerseys every game like the little girl that you seem to be. Gosh, this crap p*sses me off.

Signed,
    Proud 10th to 40th Row Supporter

16. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are going to look silly in the 'unity' department when LTA decides to stay in 202 and HSH and CSU return to the Nordecke. Even if LTA comes back to the Nordecke your going to look silly again the next time some minor little event happens and LTA gets their panties in a bunch and moves up there again.

By moving the section last night over such an unbelievably small issue you have put yourselves in to quite the predicament - especially now that everyone is using 'unity' as the justification.

LTA has been looking for a reason to leave the Nordecke all season and as someone else on these boards said - when you go looking for a problem you are probably going to find one.

You used one of the most powerful weapons in our arsenal against the Front Office because 1 idiot complained about a drum. You realize how incredibly petty the Nordecke now looks right? What's next - a walk out of the stadium because someone asks Clem to put down the black and gold checkered flag after a goal?

You want to fix the problems with the supporters groups and the unity you need to get all the leaders of those groups together to sort their issues out and not find some minor issue to trump up in to a big thing to make it seem like you are fighting together against 'the man'.

Watching last night I thought some thing major happened to cause the exodus only to read on twitter and check Massive Report this morning to find out it was because 1 PERSON complained about a drum.

You guys just showed how much you care about yourselves and not about the team on the field who was putting on one of their best performances of the season.

17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No. CSC moved up to the upper level after the supporters did, and no problems, even after CSC were up there.

It sounds like the vast majority of the issue started with one person who was insisting that they be given "their" front-row seat, like it's some sort of God-given right.

Had this person not been such an asshole about it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

As far as i'm concerned, this whole conversation should have nothing to do with secruity.

If you don't have the security, then the assholes will come back, see there's no security and start throwing crap on the field, misbehaving, etc.

18. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    Anybody remember Steve's sign in which he incorrectly spelled Hesmer as Hessmer?

With the blowout victory, SG solidarity and a rocking atmosphere yesterday, Steve is this week's scapegoat.

Steve is legend. Viva Steve.

19. The Misanthrope

Aug 8, 2008
    Columbus Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cheers for that! Although I think Pickens was always in such a rush to get off the few they had, it never had time to get going.

20. ohiohammer

ohiohammer New Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Circleville
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not worth it. Even if AC/DC's TNT is just begging to be used against CSC the last thing we need is to do something to upset the club. The CSC mullet was definitely in the wrong and we acted superbly. Nobody threw anything, we went upstairs peacefully and that's how we should do business in the Nordecke. The funniest part though was when the yellow smoke was let off on goal 4 and the upstairs seating guy was just like, "I'm not trained to handle this!" Priceless.

I don't condone the use of the following song but I can't stop myself from writing it!

Cause they're CSC!
    They're f'n shite!
    CSC
    Don't let us fight!
    CSC
    Mullet Overload
    CSC
    Who clogged up the camode?!

Seriously, 4 stall in the Nordecke men's. Just like us it was massive!

21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Interested to see how people respond to this gem.

22. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, dead on. Ballsy. Well said. Must spread...

23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I repped bradd.

24. Jim Bach

Jim Bach Member+

May 11, 1999
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    From what I could see from my spot in 202 there was less of a security presence than is normal for the Nordecke. I know some CSC people moved up there but I didn't see that many of them.

25. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may regret saying this statement... but... I actually respect and like that Massive Report article.