CREW v Metros pregame

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Jul 30, 2002.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    just in case anyone cares to talk about it....
    Questions...
    With Busch finally coming of a loss does Andrulis go back to Presthus?
    He talks about needing to get Cunny minutes in todays paper, but will he actually do it?
    Will Garcia, after seeing 10 minutes last game, see more time here tonite.

Honestly, I don't see how we win this one. The Metros were just embarassed as hell on Saturday, they are at home, they don't want to go into the break on such a bad note. But, if Diallo is still injured, and Petke continues his horrible form we may have a chance.
    I'm not very optimistic though, 3-1 metros.

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree with you. Unless Garcia becomes a starter and goes on a hot streak, I'm basically going to throw in the towel on this season. With the final stretch of games we have, and the way we are playing and being coached, I have little faith right now. I sure wish the team would prove me wrong. I still love ya Crew, but I hate what you're doing right now. Turn it around.

Crew 2:4 Metros

Diallo gets better, he or Faria scores a deuce.
    McBride gets another point somehow, and JC gets misplayed once again.

3. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    its simple just got done playing the gaem on FIFA. 3-1 Crew

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Who marks Mama? To date, we haven't man marked worth####.

He could easily bulldoze his way in. We think Dante is a big man with power? Mama is a thug. Lets hope Busch is still in the nets. I'm guessing Maze will hang back with the rest of the mid.

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Liz is angry! Look out!

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Petke seems to be out of favor with Metros, maybe we could work out a three way deal where DC gets the discovery, they give us someone that Metros want, then we trade that for Petke. I know he's an arch enemy of 137, but that's when he's in another jersey.

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Elizabeth's been angry since her first couple posts here, so ya know she's a good Crew fan. Can you blame her after this season. I have no idea who marks Diallo. half of me thinks it should be McCarty because he is probably the most physical of our guys back there. But really that could only lead to disaster and pk's and free kicks just outside the box. But I really don't see anyone else as up to the task. If only we had Namoff already.
    As far as the Petke deal, yeah he's outta favor with Metro at the moment but he's been one of their poster boys since day 1. Him and Jolley have been going at it, but I'd really expect the Metro to get rid of Jolley before Petke. I think they'll just let him work through this horrible strech and hope it ends soon.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    well mccarty's injured still...there goes that thought.

9. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look for Oughton to Mark Diallo...he seems to pester with the best of 'em, plus he can take a few cheap shots and still play the full '90.

I bet we'll see Garcia after 60' and Jeffro get at least the first 75'.

I'm not worried about Faria...I just hope the Kiwi can hold his own with Big Mama.

I totally concur with the Petke to Crew suggestion. I think he would be a great addition to the team. I also think Ziadie is highly under-rated. He seems to be the only defender the Metro's have that can control the ball up to midfield with his feet rather than just booting it. Then again, he's a Spider, so I'm biased...

BWG
    Richmond, VA

10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dispatch lists Cunningham as the starter alongside BMB.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'd trade just about anything on the team for either Ziade, Jolley or Petke.

Then again I think all three need proper coaches, then again what footballer doesn't, maybe they wouldn't be good here.

12. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Petke is a great defender. He is one of the league's best and is simply on a bad streak. If NY is stupid enough to let him go, I would love to pick him up in an instant (even if we traded heavily for him).

I know he's an arch enemy of 137, but that's when he's in another jersey.

Its not like he ever slept with Aimer... well not directly at least!

13. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who scores and who are the starting goalies??

14. LoveFifa

LoveFifa New Member

Apr 23, 2001
    Detroit, Michigan
    I think Petke is way overrated. There is some truth to the bickering between him and Jolly. Defense is the last place you want infighting on the team.

Plus, Diallo is gimped a little after the last game. Remember, he came out early in the match. They may be something that the Crew defense can focus on.

Plus, the Metros defense is playing like ************ right now and Faria is very hit-n-miss. I like our chances to take this one. Especially if Jeffro shows up to win and McBride is his post WC self.

But if Fitzdrulis coaches this game, then were ************ed. The more hands off during the game, the better.

Also, I would leave Busch in. He is faster off the line than Prestus. I think we will need that considering Diallos breakaway speed. Let's hope that Big Mamadope doesn't practice the 2 ton steamroller action on him.

Too bad I won't catch this game.

15. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Craig has it right.

The Crew has to find a way to stop hurting itself when it plays the MetroStars. A Crew penalty led to the second goal July 6. The Crew lost a player to a red card in the previous three meetings.
    -- Craig Merz

Is the game being televised tonight locally, and if so, who all is interested in meeting at the Rose & Thistle this evening for some grub & pints?

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kaiser, I'm sure at least some people will be there if ya go....i'll be stuck in indy watchin it in my sweatbox, oh i mean apartment. If they play like shite again combined with teh heat out here I will be a complete bastard for the remainder of the week.

17. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I love Liz, I know she thinks im ************ all after a hockey comment I made but us Cunningham supporters need to stick together.

I say if Jeff starts crew 2-2 metros
    jeff doesent start crew 0-2 metros

I am not saying Jeff will tally, but he will definately create a hell of a lot more chances than McBride and that lack of any other skill other than poaching we know as dante do.

other predictions....Diallo frustrates the hell out of our defense and we either give up a pk or a red card.

Rob

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't tell this to jim smith. he'll probably be confused and end up giving DC our discovery for a draft pick.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In Columbus on Time Warner channel 24, insight channel 36.

DIRECTV: 794
    nothing for Dish network.
    Check listings for out-of-market digital cable.

20. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fine, I'll ask it.

Is Elizabeth hot?

21. 3stripe

3stripe Member

Indy Eleven
    Oct 14, 2001
    Brickyard Battalion
    good thing you played, not hangthadj

22. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes...years of soccer and a fast metabolism. Great genes. Could take Veronicas job in a minute but hate the clothes she must have to wear.

23. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Elizabeth modest? uh.... NO. ;)

24. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still no head count so far regarding the pub tonight.

Jean M., you coming or what? This is your baby. I hope you'd be there.
    Yitbos? you can make it after work, right?
    Diablo... come on, you know you want to get hammered.
    Hobbes... where you at? I know you're lurking about somewhere. Common, NJ gotta represent.

If I show up at the bar and nobody else is there, I'm going to be very upset. Give a shout if you plan on going or not. Thanks everyone.