Crew Stadium 2.0 - Construction News and Notes

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by LaMacchia, Oct 6, 2019.

1. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're willing to eat shellfish served by Levy you're crazier than I ever imagined.

redi44crew, TKyle, Salacious Bum and 2 others repped this.
  2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The Crew has made me sick more times than I can count. I'm still here.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Ralph Stayer (I think)

zman31 repped this.
  3. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in that case, have the mussels!

kgilbert78 repped this.
  4. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This ain't just your everyday Levy lackies we're talking here, but the guy who dishes it up for VIP's like hang, Executive Chef Don DiGiovanni:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-digiovanni-a4a073124/

Emphasis mine.

hangthadj repped this.
  5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying there's something worse than Sodexo/Aramark's brats boiled in water without being grilled?

RafaLarios repped this.
  6. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sigh… I just simply don’t believe there is any issue with these changes lol like at all. If they are legitimately going to disallow the banners, sure, there’s some reason to at least question them. But a lot of the opinions I’ve seen on Twitter today just scream entitlement and perpetual victimhood.

7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, it's definitely more bummer than tragedy. That being said, I completely understand where our beloved Nordecke Communications Director and Quad God is coming from, especially considering how blundering the FO can be at times.

As for the rest of the Twitterati... well, drama is fun.

Ch(Elsey) and Paul171121 repped this.
  8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More proof of my theory that Supporters Groups take themselves entirely too seriously.

9. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    It has felt like that since the beginning of last season. Some fans have caught on and realized the relationship dynamics, and others well I guess cognitive dissonance has been working its magic. Just don't expect much from the FO for fan relations other than JW's terrible ideas.

You'll still see me eating some Dos Hermanos and cheering with the other plebians in the Nordecke. It should be an exciting, attendance record breaking season where I expect to see some blowout wins and blowout losses.

soccerncbus, stanger and LaMacchia repped this.
  10. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says a guy who also probably wants to keep “a safe distance from the unwashed, unknowledgeable plebes of the Nordecke.”

chr1st and Crew96Fan repped this.
  11. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    It's 2005 again?

12. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does a member of the "Kei Kancera 'Third time's the charm'" Brigade really have room to throw shade here?...

13. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As @LaMacchia goes, we all go.

I’ve thought this for a long time. It’s not dissimilar to the way I feel about a majority of my indoor soccer opponents.

Woah woah woah!! Coming in hot. I’ll have you know I am a Nordecke member and former STM turned West Side Casual (my dad can’t handle the section, if we’re being honest). I actually love the terrace and sat there on more than one occasion. I think it’s the best seat in the house and was probably the best kept secret. It’s not surprise that FO is turning into a premium area and I’m now on the hunt to find a way to sit there some game lol D495C9DF-F37A-4CD5-955C-E8E9029211C5.jpeg

crew2112, chr1st and LaMacchia repped this.
  14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7214 LaMacchia, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    Maybe I've been in my bubble too much today but I, thankfully, haven't seen anyone that has an issue with the actual addition of premium seating.

I'm just glad that the Upper Decke isn't affected here - that's the best seat in the house, imo.

Crew96Fan repped this.
  15. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All this is missing is a "no offense" to be the first nominee in the 2023 Realist Fan contest.

chr1st and Crew96Fan repped this.
  16. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This was the first tweet on the subject that I saw

LaMacchia repped this.
  17. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LaMacchia repped this.
  18. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait—of the two levels of the terraces, are they only using the lower one for the Beautiful People?
    Also—these new seats—they’re going in the NE corner where Jordan and Brett did their pregame gig?
    (It’s been a long day, so most of these details have been tl;dr for me today…)

19. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the third highest average ticket price in the league. Fifth highest fan cost to go to games overall. I bet with the new premium seating they will lower the average price for normal seats.

hahahhahhahahahahhahhahahahahha… yeah right.

New seats, whatever. It’s fine. Dummies on twitter screaming this is the end of the world are annoying, shut the hell up. We have a stadium named lower dot com field. It was created as part of a mega real estate deal. Our stadium is as corporate as it gets. Deal with it.

Anywho, I thought there was a Nordecke supporters liaison something or other group now that helps to increase communication between club and fans. How’s that working out?

The supporter reps that went to the club to ‘negotiate’ after the re-brand debacle got steamrolled by management. Give one or two of them a made up title, hand out a free beer or two, let them peacock all over twitter about token photo-ops with FO members, and boom you have a bunch of yes men at your disposal.

Until this ugly ass new logo is gone, I don’t really give a shit was management says or does. They don’t care what the fans think.

ZipSix, RafaLarios, catfish9 and 3 others repped this.
  21. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The affordable seating is the Nordecke.

Also, I’m fine with getting rid of any and all places in the stadium people can stand and watch the game. Sit in your fvcking seat and watch the game. So frustrating when we have 90% or 95% capacity and the stadium looks half empty because people are just standing around. That makes us look worse to the rest of the league than anything the Haslams do.

Kryptonite repped this.
  22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Supporters Culture, to the extent it exists in MLS, subscribes to the idea that they are actually influencing the match on the field and can affect a result. When you have so many people fully bought into that idea, you are bound to have a lot of unchecked egos and ideas. This will lead to conflicts within the supporter culture which distracts from what is actually happening during the match. Add to that the very real phenomenon that MLS is still a niche sport and some of these characters latch onto the club as an essential part of their identity. It's a recipe for anything other than soccer. Where is my glass of Sangiovese and my recliner?

23. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Who p*ssed in your Cheerios and oat milk?

Those terraces were a great place to go up, plunk down, and have a really great view. I think most people with two neuron synapses realized that the “free ride” of that unoccupied space was eventually going to disappear. I’m not on Tweeter, but I would imagine any histrionics are performative and not of any real consequence. As for both the terraces and new seats, money makes the world go ‘round.

As for the liaison, I haven’t heard much. @LaMacchia is doing a good job of linking Nordecke to the fans, but I don’t think the liaison is doing such a great job of linking the FO and Nordecke.

I am not sure about the “steamrolling” part; the name “Crew” is still part of the team name after all. But in my view, I don’t think Nordecke pushed back hard enough on the ugly-ass evil carabiner logo. It’s as if they “settled” with the capitulation wrt the Crew name. (ISTM someone around here commented on this back when it happened, but I don’t recall the explanation.)

I don’t disagree with the “sit in your seat” sentiment, but people gonna people. By limiting the areas at LDC where people can congregate (by design mind you) the “problem” is better at LDC than it was at HCS. Having empty seats *doesn’t* have good optics on TV. ISTM the FO might look into helping ensure more of those empty seats on the lower east side are filled in. Not that I have a solution, though.

But hey, we’re fans, so we’re going to complain.

Ch(Elsey) and Kyle Crew repped this.
  24. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct, but the Upper Decke is still an event space that is probably reserved for most matches.

Correct - they're going in the southeast & northeast corners.

TKyle repped this.
  25. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Southeast also? Are they taking out the bar in that corner?