Crew-Revs postgame [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by AndrewGK, Aug 31, 2002.

1. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Completely...

2. markxinger

markxinger Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Gahanna, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dwight Burgess disagreed. He said, on the air, that Pelusa came in and was "stinking up the joint". DB was dogging Pelusa for his passes, and his decision making, etc.

As a long time DB listener I cannot ever recall him getting on a player as bad as he was on Pelusa Saturday night.

Pelusa's playing time on Saturday at SJ might give an indication as to whether coach Andrulis agreed or not.

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    anyone other than me hate when people refer to Dwight as God? He's an above average to decent commentator, not the almighty.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    agreed 100%

5. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I just happen to find him very witty and sharp with his description of the action of the field, that's all.

6. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    If DB was the almighty, wouldn't Capital be unbeaten and national champs? :)

7. Dave Han

Dave Han New Member

May 6, 1999
    Auburn, AL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the offside rule:

Law 11 clearly states that you consider the player's position when his teammate plays the ball to determine offside or not.

If Jeff had been in an onside position when Mais played the ball, then the ball deflected of the defense when Jeff was in an offside position and Jeff played it, then Jeff would be onside - since it's where Jeff was when Mais, not the defender, played the ball that counts.

Since Jeff was in an offside position when Mais played the ball, it matters not who touched it last before going to Jeff...offside is the right call.

8. musterion

musterion New Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Hilliard, OH USA
    offside rule

Absolutely, the USSF rulebook even has a picture showing this exact situation. A player kicks the ball and the keeper parries it to a player who is in the offside position. it is an ofside call. If the keeper had missed and the ball goes over the line, it is not an offside call.

9. DougO

DougO Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UNLESS you're DC United and you're Eddie Pope playing a ball over Dayak to an offsides teammate for an offsides goal at RFK. Pope gets the assist, proving he did play the ball to the "scorer".

Ah, MLS Referees- can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

DougO

10. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    What, no snappy haiku here? ;)

Maybe it was the bad referring ... or playing on an actual soccer FIELD ;)

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as soccer play by play guys go, Dwight's pretty good in comparison with the rest of the US class. Obviously overseas has a lot more to offer just due to experience. I would like to see Dwight get promoted somehow to doing a shift on Soccer Saturdays... at least when they're showing the Crew games. Who knows, maybe he could assasinate Jack Edwards and take his spot.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would Dwight and Rob Stone work?? Or what about any other of the WC guys?

13. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I know that Dunseth had some terrible giveaways but I doubt that Leitch had one in this game. I'm 100% sure about this.