Crew Review

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    CBC harpoons everyone. Stay tuned, tomorrow he calls Crew supporters borish in their attempt to have Musab al Anclueless sht canned.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone want to share some details?

Other than the apparently very "classy" comment in which he calls the whole team a "bunch of losers"?

3. DaniCrew

DaniCrew Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Tallmadge, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is CBC?

4. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Anyone know how to copy and past the Crew Review? I think it's a password protected JPG, not sure how to sort that.

Basically he calls the team totally worthless. It's as I say, last time he did, 24 hours later he called Crew fans classless. Maybe it's because we demo in front of the exits now, and he doesn't want to feel uncomfortable as he walks out. Trust me Craig, the heat is just going to keep going up and up for those who implicitly support al Anclueless.

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
  6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    So if Fraser is out, who plays in the center? My memory escapes me at the moment as to how we sorted this out last time. Wasn't it something like Wingert and Herdsman? Will he stay with 3 backs?

7. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Wingert replaced Fraser straight up -- and we were still playing 3 in the back at that time, it was Hejduk-Wingert-Marshall. If we do that against Chicago with Schulte-Wingert-Marshall it's my opinion they are going to tear us apart.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'd back Chicago to put two past us no matter what the situation.

Is it fair to say that perhaps Kelly should be rated ahead of Schulte? Also, would anyone really be suprised if Herdsman, even if he's half fit, is put into the defensive lineup?

Perhaps we can pip L'pool to the finish line and sign an unsettled William Gallas mid week. obligatory ;)

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Did nobody give CBC hsi halftime coffee? Hes not a happy camper is he?

10. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Come on now Placid it's a well known fact that Crew spare no expense when it comes to the spread offered to media at matches.

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Beacon, NY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wow, that opening statement is some fantyastically bad writing. I love it.

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    And at what point did the play on the field give you any hope that they were anything but losers? The home opener perhaps? Pretty broad statement based on one game.

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Only RSL has fewer goals than Crew, and only the expansion teams have surrendered more goals. Pretty much sums up the season.

14. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    On pace to hit 28 points when the worst ever before was 37. Thats three wins, or more realistically 9 ties, less than their worst. Ouch.

15. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    "Come see the historic Columbus Crew!!"

16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was probably just me. Yes indeed, that first para really, really stinks.

As for CrewBoy Craig, this article is incredible: he says Greg "should be credited" for trying to get the Crew to perform better and calls the players a "bunch of losers"

Unbelieveable.

17. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I give CBC rep for the Gordon Solie reference, although, I'm not sure anyone at all understood it. How long before CBC reads my matchnight musings and tests the waters with a Marvel reference?

18. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Let's give Andrulis a gold star!

19. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SEE!!! I'm not the only one!!!!!!!!!

CrewBoyCraig. As in Merz.

20. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I laughed when I saw that. Glad you had a chance to share your recently acquired knowledge.

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Gordon Solie reference was great, good old Georgia Championship wrestling.

22. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was hoping to get it out before you did!!!

The digital section here says it all. Burgess posted over on MN a couple of reasons why he thinks Lamar may be showing some loyalty to GA. He cited the USOC, COY, Regular Season Conf. Champ. etc.

But as in any business, you have to look at trends, and our trends are all downward. There IS NO bright spot on this team right now.

23. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Sutton's near pristine jersey is pretty bright, as in never been washed.

24. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Not so sure, he's got more minutes than Jordan this season. If anyone's jersey is clean, Jordan's it.

25. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Not that we need to hear/see this again, but I'll feel better about myself by saying it.

COY-Greg said himself that Gansler deserved it more than he did. Who am I to argue.
    Regular Season Champs.-A lot of good that did us. We had to win it on like the 3rd tiebreaker, and proceded to immediately get dismissed from the playoffs with the great Dante Washington started over leading scorer Edson Buddle and Jeff Cunningham.
    USOC-That's nearly 3 years ago now. Which ironically enough is long enough to erode nearly an entire fanbase.