Crew @ Philadelphia 8/5

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by osubowler, Jun 17, 2010.

1. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cute.

2. bmwdmb1

bmwdmb1 New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of which are unique.

3. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, none of our are unique either. In fact, I can't remember the last time I head a chant or song at a soccer match and thought "That's great! I've never heard that one before."

4. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We gotta start singing some songs about Ohio or done by bands from Ohio. There's a ton of them, and it would catch on and stand out amongst the other supporters groups and the usual chants/songs everyone does. (Wasn't there a thread about this a while back?)

I nominate Bloodbuzz Ohio by The National. Band from Ohio. Song about Ohio, with easy to sing lyrics about angry bees, blood, being in debt, taking your shirt off and being intoxicated - all things we can relate to.

5. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All credit to Kevin and Blake for the planning, I just helped a bit with the execution.

6. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw photos on fb. Wtf?? Is that really where you tailgated? An abandoned warehouse?

7. Badtz

Badtz New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's pretty representative of the area, unfortunately. I usually tailgate next to a chemical plant in a dusty lot with some hay bales (?). :rolleyes:

8. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    As far as MLS goes, I thought they had a few unique chants that no one else does in MLS. Come on the U was good and they do a good thing with "Union" and claps that I've not heard before.

There are so many good ideas out there and nothing new ever gets through.

9. HSH_Brian

HSH_Brian New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Hilliard
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This was my first road for a Crew match and I loved it. Personally I had no issues and had fun with the verbal stuff.

My hats off to the Union fans and their supporter group. To those coming over giving us thanks for coming out, I have to say thanks for having us. In our hotel I met a gentleman who is a die-hard Union fan, but wanted to congratulate us on the win. This was awesome, we ended up talking in Elephant & Castle for about an hour about the Crew and the supporter groups.

Look forward to the next road trip, and can't wait to see the turnout for the 10/24 match!

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    qft lol

Without a leader, there will be failure.

11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If were gonna go there, I've never heard another MLS team do "I'm lookin over a 4 leaf clover", "Union maid (chorus)", "Come on union score a goal... (to the tune of yankee doodle)", "Philadelphia (or any city) Dale O", "Na na na na na na (Team) to the tune of Joshua and the battle of jericho", I could come up with more but you get the point.

12. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive never been to another MLS stadium that had a sing-a-long TV board... I felt like I was at a NHL match a few times while at PPL...:rolleyes:

13. Locutus

Locutus Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Abbeville, SC
    When the SoB's was first getting organized they decided they wanted a corny old song that everybody would know, like a lot of teams do in England.

They went through a lot of suggestions and settled on I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover.

It has no other meaning or significance. They were just trying to establish a tradition without any, you know, rhyme or reason of any kind for it.

Strange but what the hell.

14. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some pictures I snapped while with Nordecke on Tour:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not sure if you've ever heard of the mummers, but they're a Philadelphia tradition. 4lc is a traditional mummers song. It's not random or trying to be English. Problem is lots of people only know the tune and not the words. Most of our SS knows it, but the team prints it on lineup cards and shows the words on the leds and gives the midfield card tifo to hold up. the SoBs only went as far as singing it. The team for whatever reason wants to get the whole crowd involved. We don't really care about that. The only other thing they put on LED boards was our chant "C'mon the U". That was because people on the opposite side of the park though we were saying bad words.

That's only one of the 5 or so songs I mentioned. When your supporters were marching in I only heard 2 songs and they were songs every MLS supporters group does. So...