Crew @ Philadelphia 8/5

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by osubowler, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bmwdmb1

bmwdmb1 New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be possible to buy a ticket if I'm not going on the bus. I will be visiting family in the area and would love to come down for the match (as RBNY was a blast). Who might I contact about this? (the union direct or someone from the supporters groups?)

2. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't talked to Kevin recently, but I think there are still some of the individual tickets left. Shoot him an email at kmmc@crewunion.com.

3. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We no longer have tickets available for people not riding the bus, they were sold out today. Wish we had access to more but they limited us like Toronto does.... so the only way to get tickets at this point is ticketmaster or the Philly FO.

Sorry guys!

4. bmwdmb1

bmwdmb1 New Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just called the Union's ticket office and was told by the rep that I would have to buy a block of 15 or more tickets to purchase tickets in the visitors supports section???? Does this sound right at all? :confused: (although she didn't really seem to know what was going on). Also is the block of tickets that the supporters groups purchased in fact in 133?

5. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    I would assume that CSU/HSH have bought Philly's allotment of visitors tickets. More or less you should see if you can get a ticket in the section or an adjacent section through TM of Philly FO and just come stand with us. How packed can it be around us to allow a couple of walkups space? Not like they're selling out.

6. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got back the other day from Philly went to the Man U game, Geno's says that he invented the Cheese-steak and Pat's also Claim's to have invented it. Now if you read what Pat's claim it says they came up with the "Steak Sandwich" and you can any type of Sandwich at Pat's but only CheeseSteaks at Geno's. If you go at both places there is one window for ordering your Sandwich Only and the other window is for Drinks and fries Only.

I did think it was funny that one of the Union's Chants is F%$@ You F%$@ You and they started it right after the announcement of no cursing at the Stadium.

7. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They claim what they are actually chanting is "C'mon the U," not ******** you.

8. sober_Irishman

sober_Irishman New Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truth. I have no clue how some people could think we're saying ******** you....Anyways I'm excited for the match. Toronto brought a lot of support and was amazing. I'm sure you guys can 1 up them. Hope you like PPL

9. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not here to troll, just to offer assistance to anyone who needs any info or tips for their trip to Philly. Sorry our F.O. limits away tix. Pretty much every opponent we face complains about it, so you're not alone. If you're seriously looking for cheesesteaks/sandwiches, etc. stay away from Pat's and Geno's. They're just tourist traps. Jim's on South St. is slightly better. Personally, I prefer Tony Luke's in South Philly. They have a pretty big menu with Chicken cutlets, Veal cutlets, Roast Beef, Roast Pork, etc. A previous poster was correct about good beer bars in the city. I'd recommend pretty much every bar he listed and add Brauhaus Schmitz for German food/beer, and Tir Na Nog and Fado if you're looking for Irish/soccercentric places.

I'll keep an eye on the thread for any other questions.

10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this your way of telling me that I can't get Mookie in? I did ask a couple weeks ago as I recall.

One stinkin lousy ticket is too much to ask? Shit, I even paid for an HSH membership for him, never got any of the swag and never said boo about it.

Was it something I said? Shit, I can get treated better than this in Toronto.

Do you guys want to pass around my phone number too? Eat a lot of donuts and drink Labatts? Bash the heads of baby seals? Fight with Columbus police?

11. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry that our FO is being dicks to you guys. It is a shame that they cant offer you a few more tickets. If you are looking for chessesteaks goto Jim's on south street. They are less touristy and better as well. If you guys need any other advice about where to go and what to do let me know. The more the merrier I always say. Me and a few friends are planning on heading out to Columbus in the fall. Where is the place to go,stay,etc. Where is the best place to drink/tailgate before the games. Thanks

12. bergbros

bergbros Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Galloway
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will vouch for this man as a good Philly guy. Tony Luke's has phenomenal pork sandwiches and was one of my favorite places in Philly. Pat's and Geno's claim alot of things but they can't say they have the best steaks. I prefer Jim's but the line there can be huge.

Also for Chinese, Sang Kee in Chinatown and University City just can't be beat. I have never seen a Chinese restaurant in Columbus that can even come close to Sang Kee.

13. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradd and I were very partial to Wong Wong in Chinatown on our visit for the draft in January.

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we have a Fado in Columbus, so i'm sure visitors won't miss anything by passing on Fado. Interestingly, someone said that they were treated rougly when they wanted a soccer game on the TV, yet I had a great time there for one of the 2006 WC games.

Dark Horse seems to be another great place for soccer fans. I had a blast there during the England-T&T game, and haven't heard much bad about it.

15. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a good place. I just don't always recommend it because it gets crowded fast.

16. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    In honor of the Philly trip, and to introduce ourselves to our new friends in the Philly Union's SG, here's my improved version of the SoB crest . . .

[​IMG]

If you want a t-shirt like this one . . .

[​IMG]

. . . in time for the trip, you can get it here.

17. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha. That's hilarious.

18. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the site the shirt is white on here it's yellow. Anyway to purchase it in the yellow shirt?

19. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to scornflakes again.

20. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Gracias. ;)

Under the price and size selector, there are 4 choices: Unisex, Junior, Kids, Tote. If you want an adult t-shirt, click on Unisex and a menu of styles opens, and a row of color swatches is below that. Clicking on the styles and colors changes the sample image. If you hover above the swatches it will tell you what the names of the colors are. The one in the picture I posted above is Gold. I used the white as default on Skreened just because it's easier to see the design. They do a really great job printing them, and you can pick up your orders at their store usually within a day of ordering, depending on how busy they are.

21. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is really funny. Can't wait to see you guys when you get to town

22. Z3N157

Z3N157 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Boardman Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. The baseball tee in white/black with that is pretty damn amazing. When I get home I'm ordering that and something for the wife to wear when we go out to watch the game next Thursday. Hopefully if I express ship I can get it by Thursday night.

23. Buckscounty Mark

Dec 6, 2006
    Quakertown, Pa
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bravo! The league needs more creative folks! Hope you guys have a good trip out here. See ya Thurs!

24. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club: