Crew-KC Reserve Match

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by flagg24, May 8, 2007.

1. flagg24

flagg24 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Findlay
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Crew won 1-0. *claps hands*

What I wanted to point out is this:

Columbus Crew - Kenny Schoeni, Brandon Moss, Stefani Miglioranzi, Ryan Junge, Tim Ward, Andy Herron (Aaron Chandler 38), Danny Szetela, Duncan Oughton, Robbie Rogers (Ryan Martin 66), Jason Garey (John Krause 46), Brad Evans Substitutes Not Used: None

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_new...tent_id=92484&vkey=pr_coc&fext=.jsp&team=t102

Notice Andy Herron left in the 38th minute. That's an unusual time to be subbed out. Did he get injured? Has anyone heard anything?

It would be a shame to lose him for longer than his 4 game suspension. Hopefully, if it is an inury, it will be a minor one.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you had to guess, you'd say they sent Herron out there to stretch his legs, but not much else. When a player is suspended, there is actually an up side, which is that any nagging minor injuries get a chance to heal and the player comes back fresh and raring to go. Playing him 90 minutes in a reserves match every week he's out tends to eliminate the one plus to the situation.

Just a guess. No actual facts whatsoever.

3. Crew Firm 137

Crew Firm 137 New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    C-bus
    It was good to see Ryan Martin get a goal off the bench. I actually saw him at B-W'3 on bethel for the RSL game. He used to play for RSL last year and is rehabbing from a knee injury. He's a local boy out of Ohio Wesleyan, and I hope he gets a contract soon. Maybe we can all get a good look at him during the Chivas reserve match on sunday.

Cheers,