Crew @ KC :: PBP Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Plowmanoo, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    I thought Armstrong looked OK. Sorry, Bill, but the Crew played with more energy when Edson was yanked. As I mentioned he has faded in the last 35 of the 2nd.

I saw some promise tonight. Was i the only one?

2. TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Vote Kodos in '08!!

Jun 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I believe the Crew were outshot 6-1 after their goal. Subbing out Buddle and Martino certainly did not help the Crew attack.

3. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Tuned in just in time to catch about the last five minutes, which I only saw about half of, because of the constant bufferring I had to endure. Did hear a comment from Dwight that bothered me; something to the effect of 'win at home and try and get points on the road'. Why not win everywhere; or atleast try?

Wish I could have seen more but I fear this will be another "sign of progress", drawing to a 'very talented team'.

4. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy crap, we actually got a point.

Yeah, after the Loco goal we were outplayed for a bit then the last minutes of the game turned into mostly trading attacks.

5. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    I expected that, but it really didn't look that way. We had good effort and reasonable subs.

6. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In actuality, the goal was completely against the run of play. And it took two mistakes by the defense and Bo for us to capitalize. It was our first counter after Buddle was taken out. Henderson held on the left side about 35 yards out, Woly made a fantastic run to the near flag, Henderson sends the ball to the 18 in the middle, and Elliot received a nice chest pass from whoever their #6 guy was (goalscorer too). Elliot's shot was weak to the far post, but had enough to beat Bo to the post, ricochet along the goal line UNDER Bo's arm where Loco raced on and slotted it home from about 1 yard away. Good (a little lucky) goal, but completely against the run of play.

The subbing is just another in a long list of reasons that Greg Andrulis is incompetent. He's just a Moron.

7. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    On what planet were they reasonable subs?

Left us with a target forward up front and no support.

Wingert for Buddle - superb

put Martino up front, then sub

Armstrong for Martino - genius.

Leaving us with our 567th forward combination of the season.