Crew jerseys ...

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by JayFunkeyFresh, Jul 21, 2007.

1. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update Froggy's new pants.
    That was going to be my guess. Basically an all-yellow shirt with just a big black band down the front.

And Matt, these are obviously "preliminary mock-up" versions, so it's possible the photoshopping may be from adidas themselves. When the final version comes out, there will probably be a big "Columbus Crew" font on the front of the shirt too. Unless we actually sign a sponsor for next year.

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope that we can finalize some sponsorships. If we have to have something on the front of our shirts, I'd take a sponsor who's paying us a $1million+ per year rather than have the name of the team printed off across the front in redundancy to the badge. Plus that could be the money to cover a DP salary.

FWIW, I seems that we're really starting to follow the look of BVB Dortmund... which doesn't bother me too much, because as long as we're black and yellow, I'm happy (and even happier if we could find a gray kit again).

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume the partial stripe only coming up a little from the bottom is to allow for no conflict with a number and name on the back. It'd be nice if they went with using yellow numbers and letters on the black shirts instead of using the white.

4. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poking around bigsoccer, I see that there was a thread about the potential new DC jerseys on the DC forum, and pics of the new DC and Chivas USA jerseys on the equipment forum, and both of those threads had the pictures removed. I don't want to get in any trouble here. Should I remove the pictures?

5. keatintm

keatintm New Member

Jul 1, 2007
    a couple weeks ago i ordered a personalized "schelotto" jersey on mls.com and today i get an email saying the order was cancelled and they didn't know when they would get more jerseys in... bs....

anyone ever go in the stores at the game? they got personalized jerseys in there? i never seem to have time before the game..

6. keatintm

keatintm New Member

Jul 1, 2007

thought it might help if i told yall what i was looking for... i just wanted a Long Sleeve, away (yellow) jersey.. ive looked on all the sites i could find with soccer jerseys and can only find the short sleeve

7. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they do have the yellow long sleeve jersey, it's 100.00 I believe, and for 25.00 you can get it personalized, it takes about 3-4 days to get it customized....good luck

8. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfect! Thanks man.

9. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Not a problem. Glad to help.

10. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Not trolling.
    Is the logo staying the same next year?

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would it change?

12. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look for soccer jersey's at :
    Ross
    TJ Maxx
    Marshalls

I find soccer jersey's at these stores all of the time.
    They usually cost about $20.00

13. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    I don't know, just heard it was changing.

14. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a reasonable source, or just the usual bullshit that is found on the MLS General forums? There has been zero talk around here regarding a change to the team's logo... so I doubt that there is any substance to it unless you can prove otherwise.

15. somaside

somaside New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    killumbus o-hi-er
    So is it going to another year of us having a black home jersey but wearing yellow @ every home game? We need to wear yellow all the time. I don't like black as a home kit anyways but I say we pick one and go with it. Quit letting the away team dictate what we wear at home.

16. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BOOOO

So far, I'm not a fan. Bring back the white with three yellow bars down the front.

17. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All black, all the time. Fuck the SCUM.

18. C-bus

C-bus Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AMEN!

19. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never happen. People already have those. Nothing new to buy. And if it doesn't make money, adidas isn't interested.

20. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's why OSU never sells any replica jerseys and makes no money on apparell liscensing.

Okay on a more serious note, it doesn't have to be exactly the same, just the general concept. Not like unis are completely changed every year. Plenty of people have yellow jerseys, but they keep making new ones.

21. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are a season ticket holder & have perfect attendance (at the end of the season), I believe you'll be eligible to win "the shirts off their backs" game used jerseys at the last regular season home game of the year. That is a nice way to get the jerseys in the hands of those who are likely to appreciate them.

22. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I really like this white stripe that goes up the torso (common) and along the edge of the collar's flaps (uncommon).

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

We had a similar stripe, as seen above. As seen below, we kind of did it our own way, too.

[​IMG]