News: Crew Forums :: Other Teams News Thread (Now with New Season Smell!!) {R}

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by HardHatMike, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks for the neg rep KG for me not wanting to participate in your tangential boosterism of how great the Columbus media is. I consider it a badge of honor. The only mention of Crew FO I made was when I told you that I didn't want to get into a "proof-is-in-the-results vs. Crew-FO-and-the-status-quo-is-awesome argument," which is more-or-less what every discussion with you devolves into. No thanks. It stopped for me before it started. You decided to keep right on trucking.

And I defy you to show me where I "insulted" you in this thread. If I were going to insult you, there would be no confusion. It would be something like in the Colorado post-match thread after your horseshit little "maybe Columbus isn't a major league city" comment, where I told you to "get bent." You know, something along the lines of "go ******** yourself."

That's if I were insulting you, of course.

2. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Did you seriously get neg repped by another Crew fan for your reasonable posts about the media?

3. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Oh I'm sure I deserve it for something else, anyway.

4. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to offset the rep discount, apparently I need to spread it around first.

5. footy5

footy5 Member

Feb 27, 2008
    The D
    I got him. He's long overdue for a positive rep from me anyway. He's Rumpelstiltskin, he turns these threads into gold.

6. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

Two separate points - and I don't mean to tread on the tit-for-tat taking place here...

1. FCD's letter, while well-intentioned, is not anywhere near the way to go about such things. Basically, here's how that will work - core FCD fans will look at it and say "Good job trying to get our name out there" and media folks who already aren't paying attention will say "Who the f*(k is this guy and why the f*(k does he think he can tell me what to cover/write about/etc". Begging in public for coverage is not the best way to get you coverage.

2. Exactly as you implied - and to me not really tied into FCD's deal - is the fact MM acted like one of the girls you see on "My Super Sweet 16" who finds out people that got invited to the party aren't going to show up. Whining, bitching, pouting, threatening and accusing aren't the way to endear yourself to your fan base - particularly a fan base who's already a bit on edge about what size wrecking ball you and the coach might be taking to the roster.

So, to summarize, I hate the letter (but appreciate the idea of trying to get the word out) and I hate MM's interview.

7. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Da hell, I get positive reps in MLS Rivalries thread, but this?? :eek:

For not being a okie-doke puppet, yes man, or sheep perhaps?

8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As was pointed out in that thread,

Should the fact that www.sportingkansascity.com and www.sportingkc.com both appear to be sitting untaken, available from GoDaddy, tell us anything?

10. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today in the Manchester United-Aston Villa game, Man U's Darren Fletcher entered the game wearing a shirt with no number. As we learned in
    Torreon, the penalty for this is a yellow card and the deduction of one goal from the offending team's total. Aston Villa was awarded the victory by a score of 2-1, and outraged United fans are rioting in the streets.

Oh, wait, some of the above didn't happen.

11. CrewFootball

CrewFootball Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That "Eastern Conference" Final was some of the worst soccer I've seen in MLS this year.

12. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was entertained...

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was an MLS game today?

14. CrewFootball

CrewFootball Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I haven't paid any attention to Portland yet, but wow!

http://pgepark.io-media.com/

Check out the exterior view under the club views menu on this site!

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I really want to defend the refs of that game or anything, but as I recall the reason they gave was that it was a competition-specific rule. Uniform numbering/specifications usually are. I don't think the Laws of the Game address that.

16. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I like how in the one view the scoreboard shows Portland beating Seattle 4-0.

17. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The more and more these "expansion" teams come into this league the better the overall league gets. However, the worse our stadium looks.

18. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, please let the KC name change rumors be false.

19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'll say what I said in that thread: They should go with Kansas City Cosmos.

It rolls off the tongue, and it would royally piss off the NASL nostalgics and superclubbing mouthbreathers.

20. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't they have a MISL team called the Kansas City Cosmos?

ETA: It was the Kansas City Comets.

21. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The Comets are back too, just opened their first game last week with a great crowd. Unfortunately they're in a new suburban arena with dumb rule that says "If you play here you have to be Independence or Missouri". So now we have the Missouri Mavericks (minor league hockey) and the Missouri Comets - so dumb.

The Comets name here is probably the most popular soccer name in the city. Fans chose the old logo overwhelmingly. That team back in the day could fill a NBA arena, when Leiweke ran it.

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being first had it's advantages but it also has its disadvantages too. People learned from us. Plus, they would have done more, I think, but we had to get the stadium up in a hurry, due to the Ohio Stadium renovations. Probably one of the few stadiums ever where they laid the field first and then built the stadium around it. I'm also not sure what you could do at this point to improve the place at a reasonable price--almost easier to start from scratch and perhaps cheaper.

23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It gives a weird feeling, for sure. However, the significance of our stadium will never be taken away.

24. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    Someone turn off the lights in the Home Depot Center!

25. Footy Fan

Footy Fan Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And send them a few boxes of razors