Crew Fan At Spartan Stadium Aug.6

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by CaliCrewFan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

fyi, i'm a midwest boy.
    we're all in this together. :)

2. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Don't get the wrong idea, I was just joking around. Actually, all the Quakes fans I met here on the boards have been great as well as the traveling ones I talked to back at Crew Stadium. No worries, Cheers!

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot chick from California? They're all alike. :D

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The California part was a conversation stopper...literally.

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    [​IMG]

7. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Yes, and we're STILL waiting for our McBride compensation after sending him to Fulham.

8. i_heart_the_quakes

i_heart_the_quakes New Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Home at last!
    As a Quakes fan stuck (no quotes) in Columbus (for now) I have to say, Cbus is possibly the most boring town after about a year and a half. Oh, and there's still no excuse for being a Crew supporter. :p

9. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    You're braking my heart here. I'll trade you places! I know this is a soccer thread so I'll try to stay away from geographical battles, but Easton, The Area District, OSU Campus, Long St., ect...We'll be in good shape by the time Aug. 6 rolls around as we've finally severed our ties with our Coach. You will really hate the Crew when we pick up Sigi as Coach. Won't be long now, so the rumours go.

10. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco

It's pretty easy to get tix & the atmosphere here at Spartan is great. I've been to Crew stadium (Paraguay vs USA) & I thought it was a great place, much bigger than Spartan tho'. I kind of used to like the Crew 'cause I liked Denton for some reason, I thought he handled the ball well & he's from here, but lordy what a tarring he got from you all last year! I felt really bad for him. Torches & pichforks!

11. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, you've never been to Salt Lake City then.
    (oops, did I say that out loud)

12. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Personally, Denton is a great guy. He was big in the CBus bar scene, maybe that was his downfall. Professionally, he was slow and started consistently making bad decisions on the ball. Word was he had a falling out with the Coach, eg, Razov.

13. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EH! PISS OFF!:)
    Actually, we Buckeyes have our own group of folks to make fun of.

They're called West Virginians.

(Hey my 1500th post! For my next trick, I'll make my nipples disappear.)

14. i_heart_the_quakes

Apr 4, 2005
    Home at last!
    I can't afford anything at Easton and the kitsch only lasts so long before you feel like you're walking down Main Street USA at Disney World (which is what I think they were going for, but I find it boring). I work in the arena district, where the food and drinks are all ridiculously overpriced for Columbus and I don't want to be running into co-workers when I am out with the girls trying to have a good time. Campus is nice, but after being a student and walking around it for a few years, it loses a lot of its magic. I find Long St. to be largely full of OSU students with fakes who are just looking to get trashed.

HA! You do realize that that is only 4 weeks away right? Warzycha would have to be magical to get those boys back on track by then. To quote a fan at the stadium last Saturday "[The Crew] can't hit the side of a barn!" I agree that all the talent is there, I just don't think a month is long enough to undo all the damage that has been done by keeping GA around too long. And even if they got Sigi today there's no way that they would be in the playoff race for this year. Also, for the record, I don't hate the Crew. They always flame out in the playoffs before they get near enough to the Quakes for me to be threatened.

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

16. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hehehehehe, he does kinda have a swarthy look in his eye, he flirted with me, mid tackle {that's how up close & personal Spartan is} I was just taking pics guys! anyway, I heard he flipped off the crowd, & that's why they rode him out of town on a rail. Columbus kind of has an empty eery feel about it, not a bad looking city, just seemed a little down on it's luck, & a bit tense too, car windows were being smashed when we were downtown. I bet he was a bit bored & took to barflying...ah jeez... :rolleyes:

17. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodsport just told me he wants to import the Crew cheerleaders. Reminds him of the old days with the NASL Quakes. ;)

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmm... cheerleaders! [​IMG]

Although I am old. :(

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

19. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    That's right, just remember who has the Crewzers.

20. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    You'll always be welcome at Spartan. EVEN on the 6th of August!

21. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Thanks for the kind welcome. One of my worst Crew memories (there are many) is the third game of the playoffs series between the Quakes and Crew, when Judas (I'm getting the hang of it) hit the most amazing shot (top right 90) against a sprawling Tom Prestus. Completely demoralized.

22. i_heart_the_quakes

Apr 4, 2005
    Home at last!
    Good Lord no! I can't stand the Crewzers!

23. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can. And has lobbied for cheerleaders for --- nigh on to a long time. ;)

24. CaliCrewFan

CaliCrewFan New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Just had one last question for anyone out there...How much do they charge for parking at Spartan? Thanks....

25. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    $10

However, if you park in the lot across the street, it's $8. It's just right across the street too and easy to cross, b/c the police are there to block off traffic.