Crew-DC Postgame[R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by dred, Oct 19, 2003.

1. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I only remember one from the last match. Buddle to the crossbar off Warren's fingertips.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BMaze hit one from the 18, and APC tried as well. Neither made it through the defense all the way to Warren, but they shot, which is what you asked.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fact, I frankly can't recall a single ball he's won in the air.

Or much of anyplace else.

He gets shoved around by everyone, he is glacially slow, and his solution to everything is to grab on for dear life.

And how can your "sweeper" (essentially) always be caught in a footrace with some striker 40 yards out? How in the name of Thomas Freakin Dooley is it even possible?

Still, WIlliams serves two useful purposes:

One, he shows that MLS is a much quicker and more technical league than England 2. They were pretty happy with him at Stoke and would have taken him back.

Two, he confirms that Greg Andrulis is an abysmal judge of talent. Remember when they brought in "several" guys to try out as defenders? Each of them practiced with the team, then Crew asked MLS to sign the one they wanted (ie Williams)

Well Jeezus Tapdancing Christ, what were the other choices? Pope John Paul and Oprah Winfrey?

Bottom line, Andrulis looked at the guy up close and decided he was better than Dunseth. How stupid does THAT look?

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we should send him back to England. Do we really want him playing for F*re or U*i*ed?? If he stays in this country, then that possibility is greater...

5. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    patience.

we need to give this williams guy a little more time to adjust. sure, he sucks right now, no one can argue that. but so did hong myung-bo in LA. For the first 3 months of his MLS career, he looked like he should be playing in the a-league. lately, he's turned it around and is playing pretty solid back there and has taken lalas' starting spot. i still beleive Williams can make something of himself, it may just take him some time. That said, he shouldn't be on the field for major minutes while he's adjusting. LA sat Bo after they saw he was struggling, Greg should make that same decision.

i agree Williams has sucked this year, but i still hold out hope that he will turn it around.

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Bo still sucks. He's Beasley's bitch.

Give him time to turn it around. Sorry but Andrulis took my only ticket for the last chance saloon.

7. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Sig line material.

8. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    I came to this thread specifically to see if you Crew faithful were as unimpressed with Williams as I have been. This guy is dog doo. I'm glad you all agree.