Post-match: Crew @ Cincinnati - 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs: Conference Final - 12/2/23 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Nov 27, 2023.

Tags:
?

What will be the result of the Crew's 12/2/23 match vs Cincinnati?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2023.
  1. Win by two or more goals in regulation

23.5%
  2. Win by one goal in regulation

43.1%
  3. Win in extra time

13.7%
  4. Win by PKs

2.0%
  5. Lose by PKs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lose in extra time

2.0%
  7. Lose by one goal in regulation

3.9%
  8. Lose by two or more goals in regulation

5.9%
  9. See results

5.9%
  1. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Juli Veee

Juli Veee Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 18, 2023
    TRUJDUB21, Kryptonite and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  3. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Miazga out, and possibly Nwobodo as well, we should be favorites.

Tobias C and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am incredibly surprised MLS took decently strong action.

Come on, Crew!

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's score a goal!

6. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's really very simple

chr1st repped this.
  7. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Crew96Fan did you meet Tom Bogert at Applebee's? I've missed seeing breaking news with positive outcomes.

Crew96Fan repped this.
  8. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The greatest two-stick banner ever is the yellow, slowly tattering one that says "FC Cinci Killed Harambe!" It makes me smile to see it during HiR matches.

When it sees the end of its days, that banner should be enshrined in a Hall of Fame. Only after a new edition is created and used in perpetuity.

TrueCrew, CybrSlydr and Ball Kicker repped this.
  9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #59 Bill Archer, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    So, as I mentioned, there was in fact a security guard posted to that door, as there always is.

The report says that he was momentarily " called away", but the reporter, who refers to this person as " the tiny guard" says that he/ she was in fact standing there but was " not paying attention".

Excuse me but if just standing in one place and, basically, staying awake is too taxing an assignment for you, you pretty much suck.

As for Miazga, he's still out of control 80 minutes after the game? He needs psychological help. I'm surprised he only got 3 games.

And the FCKY post game spread is a bag with a burger and fries and a pizza? Or did he call Door Dash after the game?

They need to hire non idiots. Also non- midgets who are able to pay attention.

. And get some decent food.

TRUJDUB21 and TrueCrew repped this.
  10. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The types of people who often get hired at most establishments as “security” are embarrassingly bad. I often think when I walk into a place who has some 90lbs 80 year old or a 300lbs neck beard security guard “who is this guy going to stop?”

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  11. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, I guess the league fix isn’t in. Shocking. Well, good for us. That said, I recall my doom and gloom when hearing we’d be without Santos and Nagbe for the 2020 MLS Cup Final. Good teams adjust, and the Stabby Lions have had some weeks to make this adjustment.

KCbus repped this.
  12. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bull Sh!t.

OSU made $17 Million in just Royalties off merchandising last year. Did the Crew even make that in revenue? for the last 3 years?
    It's not even close, and saying the disparity is 10 to 1 is being generous to the Crew.

13. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said Crew sold more merch than OSU, that would be ridiculous lol.

14. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #64 TyphonInc, Nov 30, 2023
    No, you just said more people wear CBJ and Crew than OSU.

I don't know how to factually measure how much gear is being worn, but I can factually show how much gear is being bought.

I would go as far as to say OSU is King in the state, not just central Ohio. I'll use the Data point of TV viewership.
    OSU vs. TTUN game this year had 19.07 Million Viewers.
    Brown Bengals Game this year had 17 million viewers.
    Crew vs. Seattle MLS Final 2020 had 1.07 million viewers. (Most watched Crew game I could find.)
    Blue Jackets Lightening Playoff Game 4 in 2019 had 5.8 Million Viewers. (Most watched Bluejackets game I could find.)

I love me, my Crew. But to claim they are even close to OSU in popularity is absurd.

15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #65 Kyle Crew, Nov 30, 2023
    Again, reading comprehension. I never said they were as popular. I never said they had the tv ratings.

Let me try and put what I originally said another way, do you know who I see talking about OSU passionately and wearing gear regularly? That know all the players and are knowledgeable? Older people, let’s say 40-45+

Know who I see talking about the Crew? Wearing Crew gear? People 35ish and under.

This follows demographic data we have about younger people following football and baseball less, and soccer more.

Tobias C repped this.
  16. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whoever could of guessed kfc's "he just went to have a discussion and wasnt upset at all" narrative was total bullsh17?

TRUJDUB21, TKyle, TyphonInc and 4 others repped this.
  17. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    zman31 repped this.
  18. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You’re a 35ish soccer enthusiast. Of course you hear those things from like minded people as yourself. I grew up in southern Ohio and moved to Columbus 10 years ago. I was a lone duck soccer fan and occasionally, would get asked a question or two about soccer (usually around World Cup years). I can assure you, the majority of 35ish people that I know and converse with generally talk mostly about Ohio State. I’m sure we would all agree though that this sport has grown tremendously since guys like us were in school.

TRUJDUB21, stanger and Crew Chuck35 repped this.
  19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HiR ECF. Going forward, this "friendly" rivalry could become very un-friendly with this game.

20. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NAILED IT

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  21. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally quoted you.

How about; Again, writing comprehension? You claimed to see more CBJ and Crew gear around town than OSU. That we all can agree is blatantly false.

Does your circle of friends talk more about the subject you are passionate about than one you are not? That's a fair statement.
    My day job is at a Dublin Middle School with mostly 30ish-aged employees (and an even younger demographic.) OSU is King, but because I'm the soccer guy here at school I am involved in conversations about soccer constantly, even if the student is wearing a Buckeye or Browns jersey. More students attend OSU football games than the total population attending a sell-out game at Lower.com.

Soccer is becoming more popular, and fans are evolved enough to be able to like multiple sports. But, I don't see in our lifetime Crew ever overtaking the Buckeyes in popularity. Old, middle, young, or not even born yet are gonna love that poisonous nut.

TrueCrew repped this.
  22. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now...

23. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #73 catfish9, Nov 30, 2023
    Well I'm 50. I'm not an OSU fan. I know a few of their high profile football players, couldn't tell you one of their basketball players names. I know their soccer coaches names a few local kids that play for them on both girls and guy teams..because my kids played with or against several of them. I do like college Football and Basketball and watch a fair amt of games on TV. I'm a little more partial to NFL and NHL and can't stand NBA. But over the years, I have morphed a bit and now follow soccer fairly religiously, both MLS and overseas leagues. I do think I'm in a demographic the MLS should not ignore. Many of us didn't grow up with a lot of exposure to soccer - but our kids have. And unlike our kids, we have bit more disposable income now that they are off the payroll. And we are no longer spending our weekend at tournaments all over the damn country and can actually attend more matches.

TRUJDUB21 and TyphonInc repped this.
  24. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. F#ck him and the horse he rode in on. Next thing we know, able-ists are going to start ripping on bald people again.

In the meantime, I am still giddy over Miazga. I mean, seriously, how many PK hijinks can one person get into over the course of six months??

TRUJDUB21 and TyphonInc repped this.
  25. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love for Miazga's replacement blunder to lead directly to 2 Crew goals. That would be awesomesauce.

YITBOS and the_rickler repped this.