Crew - Chicago pregame

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Flyer Fan, Oct 19, 2003.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    All week long. Well at least since I woke up from my drunken stupor Monday morning.

You should get your ass down from Michigan for this one.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    fcuk these guys, if they are honestly are going to bring andrulis back next season I could give a toss what happens.

3. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Not another year of this mediocrity, especially with the same management team

Sunday will be the first time I can say I will miss a game in spite of having no other conflict, such as work or on orders from Mrs. Toon.

4. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    No can do. The boss was off this week and I couldn't put in for the needed time off. There's no way I get back from C-bus in time to start work Sunday night and be sober.

5. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if (please God) DC chokes against KC Saturday night, do you guys see the stadium selling out for the Chicago game?

I'm planning on coming up along with a couple friends, and I'd rather buy our tickets at the stadium than give another 10 bucks or so to Ticketbastard. Then again, I don't want to drive up there and find out that there's no tickets left on the day, either.

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Supposedly it's close to a sell out. Still, you can get tickets from one of the 50 ghetto scalpers in the lot for 10 bucks.

7. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Does anyone else think if we start Williams we are doomed?

I mean this guy was outpaced and outplayed by Stoichkov and Martins, and now he would have to deal with Ralph and Razov. It could get ugly.

8. pepe_pupu

pepe_pupu New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Arizona
    Come on Crew!! You can win!!!!!!!

9. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    The good news is I have 2 hours to piss away tomorrow afternoon now...

10. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Yep. Now I have time to catch up on some reading for school.

11. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    Looks like you must have skipped a church or two.

ANDRULIS OUT

12. Easport6

Easport6 New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Makes my decision easier. I had my own soccer game to play in and I woullllld support the Crew if it actually matters, but it doesn't. So the first home game in a looooooooong time I am missing and for good reason.

As one can tell I am not like others who just say I am not going to go to the game bc the team sucks. I am not going to the game nor do I care a bout the game.

In fact I hope we get a stomping like 7-0 so it brings some focus on Mr. firemyasscoach.

Oh well if you keep the coach I will also not be attending any 2004 games until the coach is out.

So they havnt lost me as a fan, but they better get their act together bc someone who doesn't like soccer like I do and isn't as big of a fan will be lost.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomorrow will be for the real fans. The fans who'll go no matter what. Leave the bandwagon folk at home.

Just like the open cup final, you show up tomorrow because you care about the product on the field.

14. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    One thing I'm worried about is if the product on the field is going to be worth seeing. I can't see this game being really exciting now. I can't see the F*re risking injury in a game that means jack for either team. Also, I can see us playing a bunch of young unexperienced players. I'm just expecting a really ugly, lackluster game. But who knows.

C14

15. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the F*re play a lot of first-teamers just to try and rub it in.

16. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toon, that would be stupid. They've already got the East and the supporters shield wrapped up. It's like getting a bye week in the NFL. It's a great chance for them to rest their stars and clear up nagging injuries before heading into the playoffs. It would make no sense for them to put their first team out there. I'd be amazed if they do. Their coach isn't stupid like Greg, you know.

I expect the Crew players to win one for themselves. I think it'll be a 3-2 affair.

I'm going to do my damndest to get a pressing interview with Smith tomorrow. Though I have the feeling I'm going to have to wait in line for that. Who knows what I'll get out of him. Not sure the players are going to be much of a quote... probably the usual garbage you'd expect from them "season was disappointing" "have to do better next year" "we'll improve in the offseason"... just blah blah blah crap. Not worth my time. Best to hit the source of all offseason rumors, right?

So, I'm pissed its over, but anxious to see what this offseason will produce for us.

17. pepe_pupu

pepe_pupu New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Arizona
    Even though the game doesn't mean anything -- GO for the gusto, Crew!! Beat the Fire and let them know that they can't roll over everybody! Save face and win the last season match... Good Luck!

18. Easport6

Easport6 New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Oh I would go if I didn't have something more meaningful to do. Today is for the fans who just need entertainment. I have a soccer game to perform in, rather than watch a team not perform.

To say I am not a "true" Crew fan is a little overated. How do you classify that anyways? To go and see the product on the field? What product? Andrulis couldn't create a product if his job depended on it.

19. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Normally this would make sense. But after all KK, we are talking about MLS.

All bets are off with today's nonstop rain. Only the quarterhorses are going to have good footing.

It would be nice for Ned not to spin this and give an honest account.

But we all will REALLY be pissed if Hunter is correct and the Crew keeps the status quo for 2004.

20. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I will respectfully disagree with you. Many of us here are the die hard fans of the Columbus Crew. Just because you choose to attend or to skip this exhibition game doesn't make you more or less of a fan. I'm not going to attend the game, battle freaking Quarter-Horse parking to watch this exhibition in 45 degree weather when the club hasn't put a worthwhile product out there. Like you said, you care about the product on the field. Unfortunately, there is no product on the field while Greg - and yes, Jim Smith - are in charge.

They lost two season tickets for next year Yes, I know, I'll lose substantial savings when I renew after new management comes into play and while paying for individual games but it's a matter of respect. We're supposed to be the best fans in this league and freaking management has taken us for granted.

SCREW THEM! And screw KC for that pathetic exhibition in OT last night. Hope that Colorado beats them in 2 straight.

21. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    San Diego
    Why the hell do you keep calling your boys a "product" ?? That's baffling...

22. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as a diehard fan of the Revs, i had this argument with Revs fans before, most recently when the Sox played the Yankees in Game 3 (the beating of Zimmer game). They claimed that not by going to the game didnt take away their diehard status, while i thought it did. For a diehard fan, or true fan, you support your team from the good times to the bad times. Obviously your team is going through bad times, but true fans will be there. There is no question.

23. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    JMM, I don't need a Revs fan to tell me whether I'm a true Crew fan or not. Go to your board and support your losers.

24. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, i'll go support my losers, who finished 2nd in the conference this year.

25. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Then WTF are you still doing here?