Crew - Chicago pregame

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Flyer Fan, Oct 19, 2003.

1. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I could care less about the playoffs. This game is to simply Piss on the f*re. That's all I want, if playoffs happen, then they happen. Of course if they do beat all odds and make it to the playoffs, then that's two more chances to Piss on the F*re with the chance of taking away the only hardware that really matters to them.

As for players, I'd switch West over to the right side with Oughton to take care of Beasley and Hejduk and Paule to the left to keep them together. The rest should stay the same. The only thing in Chicago's backline that gets tired out with McBride and Buddle out there are thier fists and elbows. McBride is not a good match up with Boca and Curtin who get away with murder. Plus Sarachen pushes his defenders so far forward the best way to hurt them is to get behind them or run at them. Like I said earlier get Cunningham, Buddle, West, Hejduk, Paule to run at them merceilessly then bring in McBride at the 60' for a defender for a change up.

2. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    anyone heard anything about ticket sales?
    i checked ticketmaster, and nothing was availible on the east side, a few odd seats on the west side, and small blocks of seats still availible near the corners.

3. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I wish McBride could find some statistical success against Chicago. In thirteen regular season matches against Chicago he has two goals and three assists. The last goal I remember him scoring was an extremely late goal (say 88th minute or so) about three years ago at home, only to have Mike Sorber score in the 90th minute to win the match.

4. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?"

5. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    http://www.chicago-fire.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/gamerecapstext.asp?gameID=73

"Chicago beat the Columbus Crew 3-2 Saturday night in front of a standing-room only sell-out crowd of 24,347 at Crew Stadium in Columbus, OH. An exciting game which saw Chicago go up by two midway through the 1st act on some fine play by Fire captain Peter Nowak. Columbus pulled one back before the break an equalized two minutes from time. As both team's prepared to go to overtime, Mike Sorber scored his first goal in two years to lead Chicago to the win. With the positive result, Chicago finished in a tie with Kansas City with 57 points, but the Wizards won the top spot in MLS on a better goal differential (+18 to +16). As a result of Dallas' 2-1 win over San Jose, Chicago opens the playoffs v the New England Revolution. "

"88-Columbus pulls level on a snapping header by Brian McBride. Brian West plays Jeff Cunningham on the left side, Cunningham crosses to McBride, who goes unmarked right down the center of the box. His header easily finds the left side.
    90-Just as both teams prepare for overtime, Mike Sorber scores for Chicago. His first goal in two years comes as Dema Kovalenko makes a great play and run across the middle and lays it off to Sorber on the left. Sorber has time and calmly places it inside the near left post. "

Well at least the stadium was sold out.

6. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were the F*re, I would wait until Saturday to get the results of the DC match before fielding a team on Sunday. If DC advances via win or tie, I'd probably give my key people a rest to avoid injury since winning or losing isn't going to change the outcome of anything but fantasy league stuff. I'm sure the F*re couldn't give a crap if they lost a meaningless game in somebody else's stadium, even if it is the Crew. Maybe if they had a 100 supporters or so. I don't think they consider us that big of a rival.

If DC loses, however, if you were the F*re would would you rather face in the first round of a playoffs?

a) a rag tag DC team missing Olsen and Rimando, playing a rookie keeper, a group of young'uns and retirement material?

or

b) a healthy Crew team that on paper has the talent to win the whole thing if they could just get their collective heads out of their asses and play beyond their inadequate coach?

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the Fire website has been updated. I hope somebody sent a screenshot or something to The Crew before it got taken down.

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    On the fire boards they are all guessing we face a "b" team. Not that it means anything at all, half them can't even read.

More importantly is there any doubt Fooshino has the avitar of the year? Genius, pure genius.

9. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Sometimes I feel like a U-14 girls team dressed in Fire uniforms could beat Columbus. I'm sick of the Crew playing catcher to the Fire's role of pitcher.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

It'll change this weekend, don't worry.

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bunch of mental midgets over there for sure.

And depending on Saturday, they could be way wrong.

But hey - since the F*re has a bunch of "B" fans, I guess a "B" team would be right up their alley.

Bottom line: they fear the Crew.

12. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Okay...

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, man. I'm thinking of reworking it tonight to include a picture of Hristo diving in there somewhere. Let's just say, justice was served. I may keep this avatar for a while, unless something really wacky happens in however many games we have left this season.

14. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be funny to have something like MXC's "Most Extreme Eliminations of the Day" - along the lines of "Most Pathetic Flops of the Game" ... Y'know change the video direction a couple of times, add some sissy pain sound effects and commentary...

15. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fool! You are leaving all the Eastern, non-Abrahamic religions to DC!! HA!!

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm not too worried.

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well suprise. Josh Wolf has injured himself again. Not like he was gonna add to KC's chances Saturday, but still. Damn.

18. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

Good summation.

19. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love MXC.

20. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Greg - How about moving KMart out to the wing again and Paule into the middle. Kmart needs the space to work the ball and Paule is stronger on the ball. You can bring in JC for a defender if needed and add APC or Freddy to replace whomever is draggin in the last 20?

What do you think big guy?

21. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    [greg]well i was actually thinking about getting more of the veterans in there. they've done so much for me, i just can't do anything to anger them. clark is offended very easily, so i haven't been able to take him out of the lineup this year without him getting mad at me. i was planning of starting Maze and Warzycha in the middle, and clark and williams in the back, brian and jeff up top. mr. Smith is trying to sign some other Euro cast-offs for me to play the last game. I'll try my best to keep the young guys on the bench. but thanks a lot for the suggestion. i really appreciate it. this is all part of my master plan to win the Cup next year. promises of the future always guarantee job security.

p.s.- can I get Harkes in here to play against Chicago?[/greg]

22. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

fixed your post.

23. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If this game means something, and Andrulis doesn't find a way to get BMB, Buddle, and Cunny on the field at teh same time he should be sacked at the opening whistle.

24. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
  25. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Anyone else's nerves already ramping up for this one?