Crew 2022 to '23 Off-season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Oct 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he doesn't live under a rock. Any cultured person knows where all the good truck stops are. But in seriousness, I've had it twice. Once was OK and the other time not good.

Besides Taco Johns who has tried Krispy Krunchy Chicken? I had it for 1st last friday at a gas station near Akron. Chicken fingers might have been best I've ever had. SERIOUSY! They were huge, fresh and ...crispy! Just a hint of cajun spices. And you have to try the Boudin bites.

2. the_rickler

the_rickler Member+

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It’s way better than Taco Bell. Not nearly as good as Casa Del Taco (not to be confused with Del Taco which shouldn’t even qualify as pig feed.)

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've got a store in Canton.Ive seen it but never stopped. I'll make a point of checking it out.

catfish9 repped this.
  4. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Loaded answer. High school me thought Taco Bell was the greatest food in the world. Fifty year old me can't stand it most of the time.

Second, when is this tater tot trend going to end? They were never good, even in elementary school.

5. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Where is this?

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harrisburg Rd , North of 19th st.

It's paired with a gas station but I can't recall what.

7. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big fan of their Scrambler burrito and the chicken street tacos (comes with mini lime wedges). It has a more home-made taste to it than Taco Bell does.

If you're looking for some mexican food, I'd recommend trying it.

Bill Archer repped this.
  8. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #283 Bill Archer, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022

His nickname is Viking and he celebrates goals by doing something called.the Conor McGregor strut.

Whatever the hell that is.

Some other reports have him headed to Gremio

9. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So…we might play with two strikers?? Does Nancy play two strikers with the Club Feet?

Tobias C repped this.
  10. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure what to think of this one.

At first I was thinking...we already have a 23 year old striker....what role does this guy fill?

Maybe we're signing a strike partner for Cucho though...

The guys already 23, and his midtable Spanish Segunda division team has him on loan at the team that just finished bottom of the table in the Brazilian Serie A. He's got some goals across the competitions but not a noteworthy record. I'm not sure how much this makes sense money wise but maybe Bez thinks he's a good value and a diamond in the rough. If we do indeed go 2 up top, even with JRR in the fold....we probably need to sign at least 1 more striker if not more. Maybe Nancy can turn Diaz into his next Quioto or something lol.

11. Ball Kicker

Ball Kicker Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 11, 2022
    #286 Ball Kicker, Dec 1, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    Yes, he played a 3-5-2 and sometimes a 3-4-2-1, and this guy seems like a target man, which is what Nancy used at Montreal, so it checks out.

Edit: after reading the article, his current team paid 600k euros for half of his rights, and are said to be looking to “double that investment”. Not sure if I like the signing if the Crew are going to pay that much, but we’ll see.

Tobias C, Bill Archer and TKyle repped this.
  12. Ball Kicker

Ball Kicker Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 11, 2022
    100% a strike partner, last person we signed that had connections to Spanish 2nd division was Igbekeme, lol. We have Yaw and Diaz out on the wings, I’m not sure how Nancy will bring them into the fold since he rarely plays with wingers, and they look to be the only two outright wingers on the roster at the moment. I do think that Matan will be better in this system than playing porterball.

TrueCrew and Tobias C repped this.
  13. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nancy usually played 3-4-2-1, and his alternate formation was 3-4-1-2. It usually depended on available players and form.

Romell Quioto is kind of the key here. He was a winger in Houston, but for Montreal and Honduras he’s more of a wide forward/striker. He has the crossing ability, dribbling, and pace to float out wide from a more central position before crashing the box as a secondary striker, or he can play up top with his pace, power, and directness.

As of right now, Cucho is the most comparable player for us. Other than him, we have no strikers, unless JRR is now a senior player.

zman31, TKyle and Tobias C repped this.
  14. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I've identified your problem....

Tater tots bake = Bad
    Tater tots deep fried = Better than fries

15. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most Krispy Krunchy Chickens appear to be in gas stations.

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What Central Ohio needs is a Buc-ees.

They take gas station food to a whole different plane. Plus 3500 kinds of jerky for some reason.

They may only be in the south though.

17. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tots ~ fries.
    Depends on the tots and depends on the fries.
    Most places do not do fries well. McD’s Wendy’s and Canes have the fries down.

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there's one thing we know; assuming the Tweeter is right, and he's normally pretty reliable, then even if he ends up.signing with Gremio or someplace else, it demonstrates that Bez is fishing around for a striker.

And while he doesn't seem all that expensive for a credible.23 year old professional hitter, what we don't know is whether Bez is looking for a starting partner for Cucho or a backup or what.

It's obvious that they're a bit thin in that particular; you'd hate to see them go into the season. with no one besides JRR as the entire bench. With Berry, Zardes and Hurtado all gone, he's gotta find somebody someplace.

And that leaves aside the whole question of how and where the new coach will decide to use whoever they get.

Ball Kicker repped this.
  19. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Meh, Canes fries aren't that good. Never been a big fan of crinkle cut fries. Arby's curly fries have to be in the top 3 if not #1.

20. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crinkle cut fries are good if done right. I don’t like that flavoring Arby’s puts on their curly fries. At Arby’s I’d usually get the potato cakes, but I don’t think they have those anymore.

21. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Ooooh, those potato cakes were really good if fresh. I'm getting hungry.

Tobias C and TKyle repped this.
  22. associa_tionfootball

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 10, 2019
    The closest and newest is in Richmond KY. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get one in between Washington Court House and Grove City in the next couple years. They are expanding

23. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a rumor that there's a Buc-ees coming to 71 & 36/37 in Delaware county.

24. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Closest one right now is off I-75 in Richmond KY 40 min south of Lexington KY. Just opened in last year. My teenage neighbor actually bought a Buc-ee Beaver costume while on vacation and wore it for Holloween. One of those if you know, you know things kind of costumes.

"Fresh Brisket on the Board!"

Bill Archer repped this.
  25. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be awesome. I figure we would be ripe for one in central OH with cross roads of 70 & 71.

These are what I found as far as announced new locations:

Florence, South Carolina — 2022
    Crossville, Tennessee — 2022
    Athens, Alabama — 2023
    Auburn, Alabama — 2023
    Sevierville, Tennessee — 2023
    Smiths Grove, Kentucky — 2023
    Springfield, Missouri — 2023
    Johnstown, Colorado — 2024
    Boerne, Texas — 2025
    Harrison County, Mississippi — 2025

Read More: History Of Buc-ee's And New Locations Coming Soon! | https://107jamz.com/new-buc-ees-locations-coming-soon/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

LaMacchia repped this.