Crew 2

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, it’s fine at Crew 2 have had a good year. It’s just also meaningless. I mean, who gives a flying ******** that we’re top of the table in the first year of a developmental league? None of the players on this team are pushing first team players for playing time.

Sorry, I’m in a shitty mood.

djtrinidad and LaMacchia repped this.
  2. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes the minor leagues are about development, but winning > losing in any league.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  3. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy for the Capys.

I would also hope that such dominant success would mean even more opportunities for these Crew 2 guys to get looks with Crew 1.

Kryptonite, MLSinCleveland and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  4. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    JRR
    Farsi
    Sands
    Zawadzki

all 4 contributed for main Club so to me thsts success. Hopefully we can develop some future stars . It’s a good start now they can keep adding younger talented guys to Crew2 since our avg age is high . But they have established a winning atmosphere/ culture that can only be seen as a positive.

Tobias C, Kryptonite and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  5. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attendance may have been the same, but tailgating may very well have been significantly different

stanger, Kryptonite and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #831 Kryptonite, Sep 20, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    The OSU shuttle from West Campus (independent from COTA) has been a thing for quite a number of years. The COTA shuttle from the fair7 ran up until 2019 and didn't resume for 2021. I heard it was supposed to be back this year, but a quick search yielded no results. It used to run from the HCS parking lot, but I believe it was moved to south of 17th Avenue maybe 3-5 years ago...I'm guesstimating.

And yeah, ND was a hot mess. The lots opened at 5am (usual time) and the first facilities filled up just before 7, although I don't know if those were day-of parking or reserved facilities. Garages that normally had space 2-3 hours before kickoff were full.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Be of good cheer. The Capys looked good all year. We might have developed our next head coach there. We were able to get meaningful minutes for bottom of the senior roster guys like Sands and Zawadski. And bring up some Crew2 guys like JRR and Farsi. If we're moving 2-4 players a year from Crew 2 to the senior side, we're doing pretty well.

Yeah, I went to a law firm's tailgate for the Toledo game and the lots next to the stadium were a lot less packed than for ND.

I liked the COTA shuttle when it ran. They dropped you off right next to the stadium and the fairgrounds are next to the interstate. This season it's been Carmack for me but the drop off point is further from the stadium than last year. OSU does seem to run more buses than COTA though and on a quicker turnaround time.

TRUJDUB21 and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  8. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like parking was a mess for non-tailgaters for the ND game.

9. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a mess, just normal for a big game.

I got down to campus about 2:30, parked on west campus and took the shuttle in with no issues.

After the game there was about a 30 minute wait for the shuttle back to my car, so a bit longer than a game against a crappy opponent.

There was nowhere near the amount of people tailgating for the other games.

TRUJDUB21 and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True at most big schools. I recall not getting out of the lots at my school until 3:30 am after a night game once. But we were made to park in an area I'd never seen before (usually I had better spots selected).

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't speak for football shuttles, but the basketball ones can be mildly frustrating. They'll leave the parking lot every three minutes. This means that you can be sitting on a parked bus for upwards of 2 1/2 minutes with another bus behind it. If it's 30 minutes before the game, it's not bad...but if it's 10-15 minutes before and a large crowd, that's where the frustration is. IMO, one bus should leave as soon it has people on it and there's another one behind it, ready to pick people up.

It was more of a mess than normal (in my experience) for a big game. Of course, it was also the season opener, a non-conference opponent that has a lot of regional interest, good weather, etc. "All of the things" as they say.

The garage south of the Oval was full. Access to 12th Avenue Garage and Neil Garage were prohibited from Neil, despite the fact that the website hinted at spots in 12th Avenue. The Union garages were full, as was Arps.

12. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Getting out of Hell i mean Ann Arbor last November was a nightmare just like the game. I was in my Camaro and we were parked at the golf course and we barely made it on the road and that took a few hours on top of the actual drive.

13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My go to is Carmack and get the shuttle

I park in the shuttle lots for men's basketball and next to Bill Davis Stadium for hockey and women's' basketball.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #839 Kryptonite, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    Men's basketball parking '"hack" which may or may not still work, but it did a few years ago:

The west campus temporary permit is $32/mo and can be bought in, I believe, increments of 1-4 months. If you go to a lot of games and don't mind the walk, this permit is valid on central campus after 4pm weekdays and all day weekends. It's not good for the Ackerman Rd lots, or anywhere else there's an attendant, but it is good for the lots south of St. John Arena and all around the stadium. If you get it to start the day of the first game you go to, it'll end whatever day, then wait a while to get a new one so you're not paying for time you're not on campus.

Pro: Saves money if you go to more than two games per month.
    Con: Gotta walk a bit (the bridge can be brutal if the winter wind is bad) and potentially go out of your way to park.

(Note: I believe central campus is everything east of 315 plus the OSU PD station.)

15. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Was my 2nd trip i think the biggest issue was the weather but the first time was when RR was there and it was about 33-40% Buckeye fans

16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok now that this conversation has moved to parking hacks for college basketball, can we get back to the discussion of the one soccer team in this town that wins games?

Ball Kicker and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #842 Kryptonite, Sep 21, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    From an email:

Details for Saturday:
    - Who: Columbus Crew 2 v. Rochester NY FC
    - What: MLS NEXT Pro Eastern Conference Semifinal
    - Where: Historic Crew Stadium
    - When: Saturday, Sept. 24 at 3 p.m.
    - How Much: $10 for Season Ticket Members, $15 for Partial Plan Holders

Details at your TM account manager.

And yes, it is Buck-A-Brat day.

18. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    The ticketmaster fees were high enough that I just bought the whole playoff package to avoid potentially 24 dollars in fees. They'll refund you if we lose before the final, which is possible as Rochester has a good record against Crew 2.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only team we haven't beaten all year.

So let's start Saturday.

Paul171121 repped this.
  20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parking lots open at 1:30.
    Kickoff at 3:08.

21. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gates at 2 or 2:30?

22. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gates at 2pm.

23. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crew 2 collecting accolades:

Goalie of the Year honors goes to Schulte:

Courtois is Coach of the Year:

24. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Crew 2 up 1-0 in the first half thanks to a good goal by Rowe after some cycling just outside the box. Crew 2 dominated the first 15, Rochester the second 15, then it was a midfield stalemate until the goal.

Rochester has answers for the Crew 2 shifting back 3, so it will be an interesting finish.

There's a good crowd here too

25. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    2-0 Capys in the 54'

Even if it was 0-0, this is the most fun soccer product I've watched in multiple years. Good transition and combination passing that generates a lot of chances.