Creighton v UCLA 9/8/07

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KCFutbol, Sep 2, 2007.

1. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the Wizards are off next weekend, Gord and I are planning on travelling to Omaha to see Creighton play #1 UCLA at Morrison Stadium. Anyone else interested in making the trip?

Tickets are $7 to $8 for adults

[​IMG]

2. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds like fun... I might be interested in going... depending on return time...

3. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    ucla can say goodbye to their #1 ranking. they lost their first two games, albeit it to #9 notre dame and #7 indiana.

on the other hand, creighton could crack the nscaa rankings (they are already ranked in the soccer times and soccer america polls) after a tie with san diego state and a win over green bay in their opening weekend.

4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gord has to work Sunday morning so we're planning on returning immediately after the match ends, 9:00ish.

5. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha
    Keepin' my fingers crossed for Creighton doing well agains UCLA on Saturday. Honestly, I wasn't to impressed with how they did last weekend against SDSU, especially since SDSU played a man down at least 70 minutes of the match, they did look quite a bit better at the Greenbay match though.

6. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to see more soccer action, a bit closer to home to boot, the Kangaroos will host Loyola Chicago, Eastern Illinois and Oral Roberts in the UMKC/Mr. Goodcents Brookside Invitational this weekend. Friday sees Oral Bob take on Eastern Illinois at 5 p.m. and UMKC against Loyola Chicago at 7:30 p.m. The foes are flipped on Sunday, with game times set for 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.

The tournament will be held at Bourke Field (Rockhurst Univ. campus) and admission is FREE for adults...

Yeah, I know its a No. 1-ranked team, but still.. :D

Did I mention that UMKC is 2-0 this season?

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I go anywhere, it'll be down to Springfield to watch Drake play.

8. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha
    Springfield to watch Drake? They were ranked 5th in the MVC in the preseason...
    If anyone does take the time to make the trek to the big O, I highly recomend spending the extra dollar for the grandstand resevered.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my brother started at left mid for Drake, as a freshman, the past 2 games that's why I'm looking at going down there.

10. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha
    I figured you had some sort of connection, then I saw your post about your brother in another thread, congrats to him, sounds like he turned out a pretty decent start.

11. TwoGun

TwoGun New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Omaha
    Fans are invited to the Getting Blue BBQ event held outside the stadium starting at 4:30 p.m.

12. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    I went up, myself. It was a pretty good match, only a more positive result for the Bruins would have made it better. :)

A long drive, but definitely worth it. Morrison is a great facility, and the Jays fans were cordial in spite of my UCLA garb.

13. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    How good is UCLA going to be this year? It's been a rough opening stretch it sounds like.

I'm normally much more up on their roster by now, but basketball has ran way long this year.

14. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Oh, I'm not too worried. They started the same way last year and ended up in the championship game, so...

They lost Sal Zizzo to the pros, so that hurt their scoring punch. But, there's plenty of young talent, though they need to gel. They're balanced and well-coached, and, barring some unforseen disaster, are definitely a top 10 squad, and probably still top 5. We'll have to see how some of the youngsters do to say for sure.