Creaky Bones: The Ottawa Senators 2010-11 Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by jpg75, Oct 19, 2010.

1. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So...The Sens are sporting a 1-4-1 record after 6 games which is good for 3 points and last place in the NHL. :D

2. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They had a players meeting after 3 games to discuss what's wrong with them...that team needs a complete retool and get rid of Alfe and Spezza. But, in the mean time...i will enjoy in their lack of success.

I miss those days of Alfe looking like a clown!!!

3. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Panic already setting in:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=338047

Fed up after a slow start to the season, it appears as though Ottawa Senators' general manager Bryan Murray is ready to deal.

Following a tough practice on Wednesday which concluded with the players undergoing a "bag skate," Murray stated that changes may very well be on the way.

"It's up to all of us, this is a team," Murray told the Ottawa Citizen. "It's not the coaches or players only, it's me doing anything I can."

Anything he can includes shipping players out of town, something that the general manager has already reportedly looked into.

"I've talked to a number of people, as I said," Murray told the Citizen. "I talked to (Minnesota Wild general manager) Chuck Fletcher for a long time yesterday and said, 'can I help you, you help me' type of thing, so we're talking to management of other teams, trying to find if there is a need and possibility of making a move."...

4. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Murray calls out Kovalev:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=338168

The 37-year old Kovalev has not lived up to expectations since signing a two-year, $10 million deal to join the Senators prior to last season. In his first year in the nation's capital, the Togliatti, Russia native had 18 goals and 49 points in 77 games. So far this year, he has registered just one assist in six games and has been demoted to the team's fourth line. He skated alongside Ryan Shannon and Jesse Winchester at practice this week.

LOL!!! :p

5. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    The human enigma put up some points last night... raise the Russian flag at the capital building Kovy is alive.

6. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hey, how come nobody's posting in this thread!? :D

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one am cheering for Ottawa. Go Sens Go.

Only five points back! You can do it!

8. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    5 points back of Colorado?

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep :)

I'm a big Sens fan, Oilers fan, Panthers and Islanders fan for the next month.

10. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ah, gotcha, an Avalanche fan going for that 1st overall pick ;)

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's about all there is left right now. Personally I don't mind. From everything I've read there are 3 to 4 players who are all worthy of the 1st overall pick. The Avs could use another center in Couturier or Nugent-Hopkins, they could especially use a talented defender like Larsson, or put Landeskog on Duchene's wing.

The disaster that was the 08-09 season was great, BECAUSE, it resulted in this:

[​IMG]