Craig Easton to St Johnstone

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by slidingtackleCOM, Jul 6, 2005.

1. slidingtackleCOM

slidingtackleCOM New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    The rumour from the McDiarmid Park office is that he will sign within 72 hours!!

2. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yep, looks like Morton are letting you have him ;)

Great signing if so.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He will do very well for whatever club he signs for. I was quite surprised when Livi allowed him to leave. Anyway, it seems like Morton are out of the running, so that leaves St Johnstone and Motherwell. I hope he goes to the former, so he can piss all over Dundee once again.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    We signed Alex Walker from Rangers instead...i'm quite gutted really! Hopefully it'll work out.

At least we got Andy McLaren :D

Although that means our midfield next season will consist of 4 right mids...

If St Johnstone get Easton they are shaping up to having a pretty decent squad next season.

5. slidingtackleCOM

Jul 3, 2005
    I've seen very little of Walker, i have however heard from a reliable informant that he is a good player.

Even if we get Easton i think we still have a lot of re-shaping to do, we still have a few SPL rejects and we need a goalkeeper. Colin Meldrum (would do the job in the First Division) seems to be the likely candidate as he was training with us at Glenalmond y'day. However we also have an outside chance of snapping up Allan McGregor from Gers (a goalkeeper who I think will be an Internationalist once he gets the chance to prove himself). Nathan Lowndes was also spotted lurking about McDiarmid, however all the rubbish about Mostovoi is just that, rubbish.

Signings So Far:

Simon Mensing
    Kevin James
    Mark Campbell
    Neil Janczyk
    Steven Milne
    Scott Dobbie
    Craig Easton ?
    Colin Meldrum ?

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I've told you about Easton.

Meldrum is a complete tool. He is either superb or pathetic, unfortunately he was mainly the latter for us. Hell, opposition strikers just needed to aim for him, before tapping in the rebound... :mad:

Lowndes did quite well in the limited chances he had. He'll be a good signing for you and I'll keep a look out for how he does.

Just give me a shout if you want any other ex-Livi players. :D

7. slidingtackleCOM

Jul 3, 2005
    Lowndes played for us before he played for you! You also poached Bollan and Main from us if i remember correctly! :D Your right about Meldrum though.

8. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Apparently, Easton is on his way to Leyton Orient.

9. slidingtackleCOM

Jul 3, 2005
    Yeh he is.

10. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's a sad day for Scottish football when a player picks Leyton Orient over Motherwell, let alone over Morton or St. Johnstone!

I'd still say Motherwell are a bigger club (based mostly on attendances) but clearly Orient have something 'Well don't. Similar to the Lilley and Kirk to Boston scenario over the last couple of seasons (then again, Boston are a bit of a Gretna - nae fans and a sugar daddy.) Still, sad days indeed...

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's all down to money and a better challenge unfortunately. :(

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN