CPB vs. Loyola 3/10

Discussion in 'Baltimore' started by ventur514, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just reading on the WJZ website about the new Loyola lax and soccer field, and CPB will be playing a free match. Has anyone heard details as of yet?

2. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would be nice to see loyola's new place though not sure if they'd use it for a practice match. Plus, it's in a bizarre location. it sits behind tv hill on one side and in front of a rehab facility on another. it only has 300-350 parking spaces, and is not near the Loyola campus. it looked great when i poked my head in before the snow. i'd imagine they'll use geppi-aikens field on the loyola campus for the game though.

3. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, from the article, this is suppose to be the first one at the new joint.

4. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my bad :( it'll be nice to see the place in finished condition. i love that new stadium smell :D

5. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the City Islanders web site they play Crystal Palace Baltimore at Millersville University on March 25 at 7 PM.

7. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Last year I went to every CPU scrimmage. A couple of questions
    Are we playing Towson u this year
    Last year UMBC beat us, why are we not playing them this year
    The game vs W.VA. where is that home game to be played?

Go CPU

8. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Not playing Towson or UMBC. College teams are very limited in their amount of spring play, and often opt for mini-tournaments where they can play several short games against several teams rather than a full scrimmage against 1 team. This year CP have replaced TU and UMBC with UM Terps and WVA - better competition. Loyola is the only team that seems to enjoy playing a full sided match against Palace every spring. WVA at UMBC.

Loyola game at new $62 million stadium as warm up to their official opening.

9. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Its ashame we are not playing the other 2 local schools, I was looking forward to seeing if we could beat UMBC this year. They have everyone back. Towson also would have been a great match.

I am going to all of our scrimmages, i go to all the colleges games also..I don't agree with the mini game scence though, Every college this spring has only 1 game per day.
    Go cpu

10. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With a couple of nationally recognized players on UMBC, Warkasa and Bulls, it would have been a nice match to see. After this winter we could be playing lawn gnomes and I'd still be there to watch just so long as there isn't any snow.

11. jakcfl

jakcfl Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better use of the width tonight versus loyola, but a negative final result as we fell 4-3. need a stronger presence in the middle offensively for the enhanced wing play and the defense still needs some work as the goals were results of breakdowns as opposed to dynamic play by Loyola. progress was made and that is what these preseaon matches are all about after all