Covid-19: Vax Americana

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yoshou, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Dude. Mild is defined by “not ICU.”

Furthermore, look at India’s numbers on that website alone, and then tell me straight-faced that it is remotely accurate, otherwise, you’re telling me that India has done better than the US %-wise in all facets of the pandemic.

That active case number doesn’t capture people who just die or barely pull thru without ever reporting to a hospital, or reporting AT ALL!

sitruc, The Jitty Slitter and xtomx repped this.
  2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just think if the USA was in TPP coming out of this mess.

3. appwrangler

appwrangler Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 18, 2018
    Got it, you don’t trust the numbers from scientists. Been a lot of that these past few years. :D

The stat posted by the CDC on mild cases of current cases is a data point. Sure, it doesn’t reflect what is going on worldwide, or what has happened over all cases (not just current). But I don’t get the torches-and-pitchforks approach to some guy cherry-picking a stat to make a point. I don’t agree with his conclusion but it’s a valid argument.

4. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @BocaFan

So, you ready to chat yet on when you asked me where the case went from here a few weeks ago?

7 day average has now ticked up about 10k a day since then. And the leading indicator of the 3 day average is even higher. I still think a 5 digit 7 day average is feasible. It won't spike like last time, thanks to the vaccines. But, i still fear there are still a solid 40 or 50k more deaths left in this pandemic for the US.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. He is taking a single point, a single data point, and extrapolating it. We know with almost 100% certainty that not everybody is accurately reporting the numbers, whether that is intentional or not. Further, there is quiet a bit of evidence that there are excessive deaths which haven't been counted as a covid death, yet are almost certainly covid deaths. Additionally, there is no definition given there to indicate what "mild condition" means, or what the threshold is between mild and critical. That's picking nits a bit, but we need to understand how those numbers are reached and it relates to the "closed cases." It's fine to look at them to get a general sense, but if there is going to be any hypotheses drawn from those numbers, they need better clarification.

rslfanboy, stanger and xtomx repped this.
  6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One of the things Whitmer did last year was lock down just about everything. That was indoor dining especially, she also put a hold on school sports. As you all remember, there was plenty of anger towards her, including a kidnapping plot and a capitol protest (BUT MUH GARDENING SEEDS!). So the MI GOP managed to get her emergency powers stripped, thanks to a conservative state supreme court. On top of that with the school sports being closed, a group called Let Them Play sprang up, complete with loose ties to QAnon. Cases were low until things reopened up, and now it's not good.

Quite honestly, I won't be surprised if Whitmer pulls a Ray Patterson and just says, "You get to wallow in this, you're screwed, thank you bye."

And to make this even crazier, the MI GOP legislature proposed a bill shutting things down! Mainly, indoor dining! After a year of, "OPEN UP! I NEED MUH CHAIN TGI FRIDAYS!"

Oh, and on top of that, they're trying to restrict voting (Guess where they want to restrict), but these assholes don't realize that if it weren't for the Detroit area, especially Oakland, they'd be screwed.

1380684226496970756 is not a valid tweet id

MattR, dapip, soccernutter and 2 others repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    But who needs experts in stuff like maths when you can 'do your own research' instead of jacking off to the fear donkey?

This is one of the best self owns of recent years and brilliantly illustrates why cutting yourself off from mainstream information turns you into a conspiracy drenched clown.

rslfanboy and stanger repped this.
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Difficult to say how many more deaths because there might still be people dying a year from now. Can’t put a time period on when it ends. But the death count is still decreasing even now with all of the new variants. Thanks to the vaccine.

Slight increase in case counts but doesn’t look like a start of a significant wave.

9. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm getting my second dose tomorrow. I've hardly ever been so thrilled to have a complete stranger stick something in me.

sitruc, song219, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  10. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what she said?

Is that still a thing?

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Title of your sex tape...

dapip and soccernutter repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In Brazil for the first time since the pandemic started, people under 40 years of age make up more than half of COVID patients in ICU. There is also a sharp increase of patients needing ventilators.

sitruc, dapip, Auriaprottu and 1 other person repped this.
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's what she said.

Bootsy Collins, dapip and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't agree more with this.
    1380912606249095173 is not a valid tweet id

15. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Guys - the CDC has gone fully woke!

But also - WAKE UP!

[​IMG]

16. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Drink a warm glass of shut up."
    For the win!

17. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Brazil is a complete catastrophe right now.

Where are the self inflicted herd immunity advocates at now?!?

sitruc, charlie15 and blissett repped this.
  18. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is so confusing to me that you tag and talk about me here when you won't reply in our private conversation.

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe that is a smart tactic by the governor, say she will refuse to shut down again, maybe then Republican politicians will demand a shutdown

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michigans-virus-cases-control-putting-152045172.html

20. mette72

mette72 Member

Sep 29, 2000
    Free America
    Yes, of course I see that...I see in clear view that of the overall cases there is a 3% mortality rate. I also see that current cases are 99% mild...this, according to the web site, not me.

I love how I provide a web site link with a stat on it and this amazing group of experts on this thread can somehow change the meaning and twist what they perceive my meaning to be. Impressive. You have learned well from CNN, MSNBC, BLM, and Antifa..your overlords would be proud.

You all need to respond quick to this, because you might miss the next scare tactic on CNN, miss out on what you are supposed to be afraid of...I am going to work on my GED...

21. mette72

mette72 Member

Sep 29, 2000
    Free America
    Where does it state that mild is defined by "not ICU?"

22. mette72

mette72 Member

Sep 29, 2000
    Free America
    No, cutting yourself off from mainstream info/media allow one to live life...and sit back and almost laugh at the sheer fear and cowering that is taking place. I say almost, because society as we knew it is not coming back...

23. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "Serious and Critical = similarly to recoveries, it is very imperfect, for many of the same reasons. When 99% of the cases were in China, the figure pretty much corresponded to the Chinese NHC's reported number of "severe" cases. Today, it represents for the most part the number of patients currently being treated in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), if and when this figure is reported."

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/about/

Attached Files:

mette72 repped this.
  24. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You really need to spend some time digging deep into what's happening in Brazil right now.

That's what a laissez fair attitude from leadership and the people will lead too with this virus.

It's something to be taken very, very seriously. It's no joke.