Covid-19: Vax Americana

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yoshou, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By debunking it with proof.
    I've been accused by a certain person I willnot mention of several things and I challenged him to provide proof, which he hasnot done.
    Or you can't and then you got to look at the posts you made if these do or donot reflect what you mean.

2. More like patient hero, because despite it all you're still around:p

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  3. How long is long?
    Just asking.

4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps by being less sympathetic to those who are propagating them. That is not hard to do.

Phillyspur, russ and xtomx repped this.
  5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm just trying to figure out what's going on with Omicron based on the available information we have and i noticed this about the head of the ICU in the area where omicron is taking off...

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...runt-of-covid-19-resurgence-icu-doctor-warns/

The speed at which the new Covid-19 variant Omicron is infecting young people has alarmed SA health professionals.

“We’re seeing a marked change in the demographic profile of patients with Covid-19,” Rudo Mathivha, head of intensive care at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, told an online media briefing on Saturday.

“Young people, in their 20s to just over their late 30s, are coming in with moderate to severe disease, some needing intensive care. About 65% are not vaccinated and most of the rest are only half-vaccinated.

So, obviously, the impact on the young and unvaccinated is very worrying but, looking at the information about who's coming into the ICU, (essentially, people who haven't been vaccinated), does that imply that the current vaccines are keeping people out of the ICU in SA?

The alternative would be to believe that, for some reason, it's only the young that are moving in the circles where the new variant is prevalent. That seems... well, unlikely.

Anyway, it was just a thought although, if I'm honest, it might be a case of wishful thinking on my part.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

“In the rush to understand the threat posed by the Omicron variant, the worrisome new version of the coronavirus, some experts are pointing hopefully to early signs that it may cause only mild illness, without some of the trademark symptoms of Covid,” the New York Times reports.

But it is far too early to assume that the variant will not cause severe illness.”

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boosted Friday afternoon. No side effects other than my arm being a little more sore than the last two --- but that might be more an indictment of the jabber rather than the booster.

8. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I've long read that one way this pandemic could end is that the virus evolves to a more contagious but less deadly form. Basically, the more contagious but less deadly variant beats out the other less contagious but more deadly variants. So it's interesting that early reports appear to suggest that omicron is both more contagious and less deadly than other variants. Of course, it's too early to know anything for sure. But it's interesting.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The SA health ministry woman, (Dr. Coetzee?), suggests we should have a much better idea if we're correct in the next 2 weeks.

I suppose if that's correct it's not too long to wait.

10. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    The high level of HIV/AIDS in the population there's makes comparisons difficult.

Just something to keep in mind.

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fauci has run out of ********s to give.....

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it makes him look better, in fact, it arguably makes him more of an asshole, but I can almost guarantee Cruz doesn't believe 75 percent of the shit he spews. It's for his perceived constituency's consumption.

The Jitty Slitter and soccernutter repped this.
  13. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    BigStupidface?

argentine soccer fan repped this.
  14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's Ted Cruz though. That friends of his are leaking group chats of his family planning a trip to Cancun while his constituents freeze says everything there needs to be said about assholes.

It's also telling that his college roommate talked about how repulsive he was.

15. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that was his freshman-don't-get-to-choose-roommate. The rest of his time at Princeton and at HLS, his roommate and admittedly good friend was a big tall Jamaican dude named David Panton.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  16. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I believe Yoss has a couple of Ted stories himself. ;)

Edit: Beaten to it by by the man himself.

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even as a joke/sarcasm, that is over the line.

charlie15 and xtomx repped this.
  18. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Balderdash....you've just described everyone over the age of 70! :rolleyes: :whistling:

Naughtius Maximus and xtomx repped this.
  19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I literally have no earthly idea what you're trying to get at with this.

20. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    As the target of that comment…. I didn’t think it crossed a line that shouldn’t be crossed. But for me…the line that shouldn’t be crossed is giving a platform to white supremacists and COVID vaccine misinformationists when you have the ability to not just complain about it….but actually do something about it.

charlie15 and xtomx repped this.
  21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    One of those gentrifying neighborhood slackers came to a party with gluten free weed brownies. I am sure that would win you over. And by my calculation, seems ribs with salad would do you fine.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not a joke or sarcasm. I was responding to a loaded question by providing what's known as the classic example of a loaded question. It has nothing whatsoever to do with domestic violence.

Google it and you'll see. Here are the top three responses I got. Even woke Huffpost uses it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/when-did-you-stop-beating_b_221509

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Have-y...aten-my-wife-is-a-completely-effective-retort

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I cannot answer that, since I am not a spokesman for BigSoccer, and I don't have any answer as to what BigSoccer may or may not know relating to the inner workings of bigger internet sites when it comes to COVID misinformation. I am just a poster who volunteers to help in a forum in which another poster created a thread - which became a series of threads - precisely for our members to discuss and exchange ideas about COVID-19.

And at any rate, since it's already been established that BigSoccer is NOT like Facebook or any of those bigger sites, the question is irrelevant.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is spreading misinformation.

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001