Covid-19: Vax Americana

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yoshou, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are you sure you won't be under water by then? Perhaps it's time to invest in some scuba gear with all the rain we're getting lately.

rslfanboy repped this.
  2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    That settles it.

I'm going to Costco to do a little toilet paper panic buying! :thumbsup:

song219 repped this.
  3. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lol...no kidding.

2 more atmospheric rivers to go tonight and Tuesday.

Ugh.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, no, no. You are better than that. The quick response is not for the active poster, it is for those are watching and don't post. But even holocaust deniers need to be put in their place because many of those growing up now don't know enough about it. I would also add, here in the US, the Black Nationalist (Black Civil Rights) movement of the 1950s to the 1970s.
    But the bullshit and lies should be dealt with quickly and harshly as well, by the powers that be.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Spanish Flu. Originally form a US military base (or at least not from Spain).

Yeah, South Africa is getting shit upon for doing good work.

Haven't yet booked my hotel for my drive to to see moms. Was planning on doing it today, but will now wait a week or so.

charlie15 repped this.
  6. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding allowing falsehoods: it's cowardice or avarice to let people post falsehoods. There's no moral or Rational justification for allowing it, and it is a shonda for BigSoccer and other platforms not to bright line that shit.

Regarding Omicron: anti-vaxxers should be put with their backs to the wall and given an option to choose a shot.

What unites the two above? Dumbass ********ing cowards who are afraid to take a stand against valorized and monetized idiocy.

charlie15 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  7. Depends on how much you offer for that ASML machine I have.

8. Too late. I warned about it a month ago.
    The cause is rising paper prices because of covid related boom in on line shopping, which led to an increase in production of cartons needed for shipping the goods around.

9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It has nothing to do with me.

I am asking you whether Holocaust denial should be allowed in order to be debunked, or whether it should be outright banned.

What's your answer that far?

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I realise you're not saying this but I just want to point that out there's a difference between genuine discussion, as some of us have tried to do, and sh1t stirring and it's important to differentiate.

The problem with this guy he's not discussing it... he's just asking dumb 'questions' that contain an assumption that the vaccines we have to fight it are as, (or possibly more), dangerous than the disease.

So I don't mind people raising issues about vaccines or any other points about our response to this disease but they must be based on what information is out there and not just ludicrous speculation and internet memes.

I'd say anyone wishing to post in that regard must provide some sort of scientific data, preferably from some sort of peer reviewed literature or statements from respected individuals or bodies and, no... facebook is NOT a respected source.

If people don't then I'd suggest their posts should be either ignored, removed or carded.

Of course, long time posters might be given a certain leeway but very little.

Well... OK... I'm talking about me and you basically but there we are :D

rslfanboy and xtomx repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said, they should be debunked quick and fast.
    But this is before the mods are able to ban them.
    What I'm saying is to not let the bullshit and lies and disinformation go unchecked. It takes multiple fronts to combat this.

12. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Should be banned, but if it isn't banned, then it should be debunked.

The problem is such things aren't being banned here, so we are left to figure out how to deal with it.

And since we are left to figure out how to deal with it, we have to determine if a poster is legitimately asking out of ignorance or deliberately being a troll. The latter becomes evident with time and such people should be dealt with by the moderators.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #10313 Naughtius Maximus, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Does anyone know if people allowed to fly into Holland are allowed in if they're not double-jabbed?

I ask because of this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59442149

Sixty-one people who arrived in Amsterdam on two flights from South Africa have tested positive for Covid-19, Dutch officials say.

They have been placed in isolation at a hotel near Schiphol airport.

They were among some 600 passengers held for several hours after arrival while they were tested for the virus.

If I'm reading that right, (and people can read the rest of the article), and they are double jabbed, does that imply the 61 people with it are out of the 600?

Because, if it right, isn't that a 90% immunity to infection? i.e. 61 from 600, assuming they've all been checked, (as per the 'being held' quote).

Anyway, just a thought.

charlie15 repped this.
  14. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see you're on board.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  15. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm not sure that would be necessarily true.

If all 600 had been seriously exposed to the virus and 61 got infected, then I could see that. But we don't know how many of the other 539 had been significantly exposed to it before flying. If you hadn't been exposed and you still don't have it, is that really immunity or just that you hadn't been exposed?

dapip, JamesA and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, good point,

I read it that, on a long flight with some hundreds of people where the air is recirculated, 61 of the people had been infected by at least one person that had the 'O' variant, not that it's so prevalent in SA that 61 people were infected when they got on.

It seems unlikely that ALL of the 61 were infected before they got on the flight but,y'know... maybe it's right?

Can people be infected during a long flight? Are masks and other methods of avoiding infection used in flight now? Are people routinely checked before they get on flights now? These are the things I don't know

TBH, that's why I posted. To see what others thought and to see what information they might have :)

russ repped this.
  17. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planes use HEPA filters. You're more likely to get an airborne infection in a school, bar or best friend's living room. If planes were a great source of infection it would only take one sick person on a plane to infect the whole flight.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The delivery might be the same, but the actual drug is completely different. And when the drug is different then any possible side-effects will be different as well

19. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    xtomx repped this.
  20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #10321 Brilliant Dutch, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    So simple question for you, are the people who run the National Center for Biotechnology part of the Infowars conspiracy as well??

Because this is what they claim (and I'm gonna blow up the relevant parts in big letters so you cant miss the point).
    Link: https://www.jpost.com/health-science/could-an-mrna-vaccine-be-dangerous-in-the-long-term-649253

In order to receive Food and Drug Administration approval, the companies will have to prove there are no immediate or short-term negative health effects from taking the vaccines. But when the world begins inoculating itself with these completely new and revolutionary vaccines, it will know virtually nothing about their long-term effects.

“There is a race to get the public vaccinated, so we are willing to take more risks,” Tal Brosh, head of the Infectious Disease Unit at Samson Assuta Ashdod Hospital, told The Jerusalem Post.

But he acknowledged that there are unique and unknown risks to messenger RNA vaccines, including local and systemic inflammatory responses that could lead to autoimmune conditions.

An article published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a division of the National Institutes of Health, said other risks include the bio-distribution and persistence of the induced immunogen expression; possible development of auto-reactive antibodies; and toxic effects of any non-native nucleotides and delivery system components

21. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So a person in the Midlands, who happened to play football, died.

What does this have to do with the conversation?
    He was not on the field.
    It had nothing to do COVID.
    The is no comment as to the cause of death.
    There is nothing about his vaccine status.

You should probably stop at this point.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rumor is cardiac arrest, but we'll have to wait for the autopsy to come out

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job, moderators! Pat yourselves on the back!

charlie15, Bluto11, rslfanboy and 3 others repped this.