Covid-19: Vax Americana

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yoshou, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jesus wept :rolleyes:

I hope you never go and watch this fella on stage.

It could end badly.
    Except that he was talking about things he'd actually done yer twit! That is clearly not the case with me and the other guy.

roby, Dr. Wankler and BocaFan repped this.
  3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Of course they are the good guys. The U.N. un nazied the world forever.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    soccernutter repped this.
  5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dearie me! :(

6. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I’m going to operate under the assumption that you went back and read your initial post and this is you being appalled by what you wrote.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's exactly right :)

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Careful now, don't say any of this stuff in real life or you might get cancelled.

But yeah, I saw that poll too. Suggests that leftists try to do and think the opposite of right-learning people regardless of facts and reality (not just the other way around). And the more extreme (i.e. wrong) that they are, the more they can pat themselves on the back for acting concerned about others.

bostonsoccermdl repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If it continues to be a trend, or if it gets worse within the next 2 to 3 years, then I think you could make a convincing argument that the vaccines played a role

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Continues to be a trend? Do we know that a trend has even started? :confused: Just linking a story on every minor thing that happened to anyone that is somewhat athletic isn't evidence of a rising trend.

luftmensch and charlie15 repped this.
  11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If 2021 is your starting point, and booster shots are needed every 6 months from now, and these types of medical incidents drastically increase, then you have a new trend

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Isn't it more about the fact that, as Sandi Toksvig once said on QI, 50% of people don't know what 50% means :D

BocaFan repped this.
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Right, but we don't know if these incidents are any more common in 2021 than they were in 2020 or 2019. Or do we?

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Negative. You need a baseline pre pandemic. Or else what are you comparing it to ?

15. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Vitamins don't stop, nor treat, COVID-19. MRNA has been used for 20 years for a host of disease research. Granted, the amount of people who got such a jab are incredibly small but no severe side effects I'm aware of.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No we dont, thats why our starting point is 2021

17. And the shortage in computerchips isnot caused by too little production, but these went into the billion vaccins to get us billgated.

Dr. Wankler, MattR and xtomx repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your staring point for injuries or deaths of athletes is 2021. Nothing more. There is no link to anything suggesting it was vaccine related or covid related or a previously undiagnosed medical condition (which happens). You are doing the same thing the anti-vaxxers were (are?) doing with the covid vaccine data base - using recorded incidents to say there is a problem. The first link makes not statement as to why they occurred.

But, if you are using 2021 as an example of MRNA or what ever technology you are indicating, why has this not previously shown up in research? Professional athletes are highly fit, but not the only highly fit athletes. If that specific group was effected, then it would have shown in the research, and there would be some hypotheses suggesting why that group was susceptible. But so far we have Reddit.

xtomx repped this.
  19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I may defend NM here, that kind of comment has only gone out of fashion in the last decade. I'm not saying it's OK, I'm saying that individuals don't evolve that much. Societies evolve when people with old fashioned ideas die off. When I croak, we'll have one less person who cannot abide using "they" or any plural for an individual who is gender fluid.

My reaction to his post and the other post wasn't OHMYGODWHATAHORRIBLEPERSON!!!! My reaction was a cringe. To me, it wasn't like the N word, it was like hearing "The blacks...." Dude, you can't say that.

And while I cringed, I also realized that in both cases, a person is asserting the freedom to harm someone else, so it wasn't THAT awful of an analogy.

In other words, to me, it's a common foul. Blow the whistle, but no reason to give him a talking to.

PS...that's not what stalking is, since you went there.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Covid booster shots become needed every 6 months or so, then 2021 can be your starting point. For example lets say 30 pro athletes collapsed or developed heart problems in 2021. Then lets see that number rises to 60 in 2022 after 2 more booster shots. Then lets say that number rises to 100 in 2023 after 4 more booster shots. And then lets say it rises to 150 in 2024 after 6 booster shots. You can draw the conclusion that vaccines might be responsible.

And before you say booster shots are not needed every 6 months right now. That is true, but that could easily change in the future. People currently take a flu shot every 12 months, so a Covid booster every 6 months could some day become reality

21. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I’m sorry….exactly when was it fashionable to joke about being totally down with raping somebody except for those pesky laws against it?

ShayG, xtomx and soccernutter repped this.
  22. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Art Briles is on line 1 with the answer

russ and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  23. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    But thou hast no problem using the plural instead of the singular when using the 2nd person pronoun, so thou art not consistent with thy objections. Like the Apostle Paul, thou couldst become all things to all people, but thou hast chosen to use language in a manner to offend rather than respect.

xtomx repped this.
  24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FWIW I don't think I've ever said 'the blacks'. For people of my politics that's never been acceptable.

I just think that a lot of humour is quite dark and why I've always enjoyed the comedy of fellas like Frankie Boyle...

That doesn't mean I approve of the subject matter and, in fact, that's the whole point!

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'ts NOT!. That's the whole point! The joke is that it's NOT acceptable. That's why it's funny.

Well, sorta!

Hey. I'm not Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr. So sue me.

superdave repped this.