COVID-19: OhMyCronus!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    The latest counsel is saying the only way to know if you have a flu, bad cold, or Covid is testing. They are all exhibiting the same symptoms. So I guess the Covid shits has largely gone away?

2. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Not yet but he does a few articles of clothing when he forgot his. I tolhid them to give them to me well after he recovered.

I think a hospitalization will be the only way to quarantine him. It comes down to him being a former Marine, plus his attitude towards doctors. To get a larger perspective, he punctured his wrist earlier in the year when he fall. He sent me pictures where you could see ligaments. He had to be convinced to go to the ER, where he needed 10 stitches.

3. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There was an article in the Atlantic about this condition and I just happened to read it yesterday. The link is here if you have a subscription, but I will pm you the text and can email the audio version if you want. While doctors unfamiliar with it usually prescribe more exercise, the doctor in the article makes the case that this is the exact opposite thing one should do. They currently think that this is a result of systemic cellular damage in the energy production parts of the cell and they can't make the right kind of energy and have a broken mechanism for when to make it and trying to push yourself harder just makes things worse.

It sounds like she has a milder version than most of the sufferers in the article. There's lots of real athletes who are bedridden from this.

rslfanboy, Dr. Wankler and Val1 repped this.
  4. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks. Obviously, I read your pm before reading this. You know, a little red 1 catches the attention.

Exercising through it is NOT my wife's challenge. The over/under on total miles she's run in her life is 1. The last three days have been rough on her, though, since we did have longer (slightly) days when we were visiting my folks for Thanksgiving. If the past is true to form, she should be able to stay up pat 8pm by this weekend.

spejic and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
  6. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the doctor with bronchitis yesterday and had Covid and flu shots while I was there. I'm not at my perkiest today.

usscouse, The Jitty Slitter and xtomx repped this.
  7. #5483 feyenoordsoccerfan, Jan 4, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    The cause of long covid has been discovered by Dutch researchers at the UVA and VU of Amsterdam.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-say-researchers?trk=public_post_comment-text
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-44432-3
    1. [​IMG]https://www.news-medical.net › news › 20240104 › Study-identifies-mitochondrial-dysfunction-as-cause-of-long-COVID-fatigue.aspx
      Study identifies mitochondrial dysfunction as cause of long-COVID fatigue
      1 dag geledenResearchers from Amsterdam UMC and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) have discovered that the persistent fatigue in patients with long-COVID has a biological cause, namely mitochondria in...

raza_rebel, song219, Mike03 and 3 others repped this.
  8. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    That's some big news.

9. Wow.
    How much evidence is needed to show that hydroxochloroquine is not a good medicine for Covid-19 patients? The risk of dying with this antimalarial drug during the first corona wave was 11 percent higher than the standard treatment. French researchers estimate the number of deaths due to hydroxychloroquine treatment in Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the U.S. at 16,990. They collected figures from 44 studies on 98,406 patients in hospitals in six countries. The findings can be found in Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy.

A drug infamously touted by Donald Trump has been linked to nearly 17,000 Covid deaths in a new scientific study. Researchers say that the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine was prescribed to patients during the first wave of Covid-19 "despite the absence of evidence documenting its clinical benefits."

Mike03 and spejic repped this.
  10. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    As the saying goes, everything that Trump touches dies, so no surprise here.

usscouse repped this.
  11. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Chicago moved to medium risk earlier this week (or last week, can't remember) due to increased hospitalizations. City only releases numbers once a week, Wednesday evening. Cases have started to go down, hospitalizations and deaths are rising slightly still so things are following the normal curve. Wastewater monitoring is trending down for Chicago area WWTPs.

rslfanboy and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  12. Same over here a few weeks ago.

Bluto11 repped this.
  13. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Everyone knows it was THE MAN that invented Covid. Normally I'd be off work today because of a snow day. But because of Covid I'm teleworking or working remotely. :(

14. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Deleted as it was a fake image stating that ivermectin was causing incontinence and long term injury.

15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F**k Berhalter!

16. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    By MIKE STOBBE
    Updated 2:06 PM PST, February 28, 2024

NEW YORK (AP) — Older U.S. adults should roll up their sleeves for another COVID-19 shot, even if they got a booster in the fall, U.S. health officials said Wednesday.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Americans 65 and older should get another dose of the updated vaccine that became available in September — if at least four months has passed since their last shot. In making the recommendation, the agency endorsed guidance proposed by an expert advisory panel earlier in the day.

ChrisSSBB and rslfanboy repped this.
  17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I’d get the shot every 6months if it was allowed.

xtomx and Sounders78 repped this.
  18. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screenshot_20240229_002330_Chrome.jpg

Mike03, rslfanboy and ShayG repped this.
  19. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I just found out that a passing acquaintance has been taking ivermectin every day for two years. To be fair, she hasn't caught covid, so it must work.

rslfanboy and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  20. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    How’s her mane?

Funkfoot, rslfanboy, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  21. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile

That can't be good for their stomach lining. Growing up mucking stalls on thoroughbred farms, all I can mentally picture are people taking the paste -- the size of a small caulk gun --- and injecting it into their mouth.

22. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I've been drinking Yoohoo daily for the same amount of time and I ain't caught it neither! :thumbsup:

Pønch, BocaFan and raza_rebel repped this.
  23. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I'm pretty sure I bet on her last weekend at Laurel Park. I did lose on her.

Dr. Wankler and raza_rebel repped this.
  24. roby

roby Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    You shudda bet on Beetlebomb as your filly Toothpaste got squeezed on the rail! :whistling: