COVID-19: OhMyCronus!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. Yes. Definitely

2. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have many thoughts about how we handled COVID but it has never occurred to me to treat these lab leak people with anything less than sneering disdain.

I want to lead by example on this. Follow me and life becomes much easier.

3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    #5453 The Jitty Slitter, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    It's kind of remarkable how many clever people redpilled themselves on this one - Nate Silver being one of the most high profile but far from the only one.

There are of course several US agencies that hold the view at low confidence based on intelligence we are not privy to but the science seems to be clearly the other way

i think it is because it plays to their world view that somehow academia is all in on the groupthink

Sounders78 repped this.
  4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I also find it curious that the likes of Silver think its fine and great to be trolling through scientists emails for evidence of the woke mind virus.

Wonder what we'd find if we had access to his?

5. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the Black Death and Spanish Flu. They couldn't possibly have developed naturally. :thumbsdown:

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But let's say it was a lab leak and scientists did hide it. They tried to atone by implementing public health measures to keep everyone safe. What "conspiracy" is actually out there??? What endgame do Silver and the whackjobs see? Just a stupid conversation.

soccernutter and Sounders78 repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    There's a background conspiracy that the global scientific community were trying to hush up the leak to protect funding ... or something

8. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All 8.8 million scientists (UNESCO estimate) are implanted with a chip when they graduate by the Global SmithKline Beecham Corporation (GSK).

They are sworn to secrecy about Covid, Global Warming, the Moon Landing and the age of the Earth.

The chip is operated by the Super Secret Secretaries of GSK which have included Arthur C. Clark, Karl Sagan, David Attenborough and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Stanley Kubrick tried to blow the whistle in his version of the Shining and was murdered in his sleep 19 years later.

s3mub03sme141.jpg

9. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
  10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to see here according to China.

11. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have billion people!Some of them sick! China good!

12. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    I'm always reminded of the line from Lethal Weapon 4: 3 dead Chinese? Billion more where that came from!

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    My SIL in NZ has COVID for the second time. He’s had his shots but a client who came to see him had tested positive ….. and still managed to keep his appointment.

Nice guy.

rslfanboy repped this.
  14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's such a crap shoot with exposures.

The week before last, I was in an all day board meeting. The person who sat next to me for the entire meeting called me the next day. She was COVID positive and symptomatic. I tested myself 3 days later. Then 5 days later. Never had any symptoms. Tested negative both times.

To my knowledge, I've still never had COVID.

Sounders78 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  15. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That's really good. I'm still hearing terrible numbers about long-COVID sufferers.

bigredfutbol repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I've had this so many times. But now i got really badly sick, first time in 3 years - but still negative. Maybe just man flu?

17. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    The bastard illness that's going around here is a simple viral cold where you get really sick for one day, and then you don't get better for two weeks is a complete bastard.

I've finally polished off the 20 boxes of Tylenol my wife bought in March 2020 and I'm working on my second bottle of Robitussin.

bigredfutbol, Dr. Wankler and russ repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That sounds like what I have. Was horrific for 24 hours, then a dumb cough etc that never goes away

19. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pretty sure my wife has long covid.

While she was never a high energy person to begin with, she has zero energy after about 5pm. And I mean zero energy. She goes to bed by 7pm most nights to the point where we celebrate if she can make it to 8pm.

One thing about covid, it did knock her out of menopause. She was menopausal for like five years until the covid hit. There, that was one weird silver lining from the pandemic.

spejic and Mike03 repped this.
  20. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I already whined to @Kazuma about this but a friend wanted to meet yesterday. He got off the plane from Chicago to DC, but said he was coughing too much. After a few back-and-forth texts, he admitted it was COVID and we told him to stay home. He contracted COVID, still got on a plane full of people, and was willing to go to a public gym and expose everyone.

This is his 4th bout with COVID. He might have had it a 5th time but refused to go to a doctor. One of those times we were in close proximity with each other when he was sick and he told me.....months after it happened. It just slipped his mind that he was sick and should have quarantined. He is definitely the type to go to work sick and gets everyone else sick. AFAIK he has never quarantined.

usscouse and Mike03 repped this.
  21. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I think you need to reconsider the value of this friendship. Does he steal your Pyrex Tupperware too?

superdave, song219, raza_rebel and 4 others repped this.
  22. Mike03

Mike03 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hopefully, the next infection will finally take down this dangerous moron.

23. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Earlier this month my brother recently flew round trip from Costa Rica to Albuquerque via Houston. He said basically everyone on the plane from Houston to ABQ was coughing and he was the only one he could see wearing a mask. He caught Covid - his first known time with it.

My sister recently flew Albuquerque to Seattle round trip. She said many people on the plane were coughing but not wearing a mask (my sister was). She caught Covid (her first time) and quarantined at my place - we took precautions and I didn't catch it (I've only had it once, when I caught it on a plane from Vancouver to Auckland - the "gentleman" in the seat behind me was coughing the entire flight, and not wearing a mask, of course).

I head back to New Zealand next week. I've organized my trip around the expectation that I will catch Covid on the flight.

rslfanboy repped this.
  24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    November 2021, well after I got vaccinated I caught something that knocked me out for a week. Stuffed up, aches, fever, and worst of all, waking up at 4 A.M. in a sweat that had me soaked for three days straight, and hardly being able to sleep, I think I knocked back enough Sudafed to be decongested for a year. I tested for COVID with an at home kit and went to an urgent care clinic. Both tests showed negative. Started feeling better after a week or so.

I asked my doctor about it, she suspected flu. But I never got tested for it. Will say it was scary waking up for three days straight at 4 in the morning with sweat soaking you.

25. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Anybody here got the Flu...here's some advice. :thumbsup:

Lord Marbury: You know, there are some marvelous flu remedies known in the certain remote parts of the subcontinent. Licorice root, for instance, combined with bamboo sap and a strong shot of whiskey. Ginger root, also, mixed with, uh, citrus peel.
    Bartlett: And a strong shot of whiskey?
    Lord Marbury: Actually, you can leave everything out except the shot of whiskey and be well on your way.

usscouse and Dr. Wankler repped this.