COVID-19: OhMyCronus!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    5!!!! whoa.

2. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's how many I have received.
    Two original shots (Spring, 2021)
    Two boosters (Winter 2021, Spring 2022)
    Super booster yesterday

KCFutbol and bungadiri repped this.
  3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I guess I just didn't qualify for a spring booster. Would have been nice. My wife & I got Covid in May instead.

I'm getting the covalent on Friday. Wife is getting hers today.

5-yr-old getting the flu vaxx on saturday. Boosters aren't approved for her age group yet.

3-yr-old has a runny nose & resultant cough, so we'll wait for that to clear up before getting her 2nd dose of Moderna (which was delayed from actually testing positive for Covid the morning she was due for shot #2 in late July) and the flu shot. Hoping to get those in at least a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.

xtomx repped this.
  4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are you also breaky?

fatbastard and xtomx repped this.
  5. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26

I might have to steal this.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I mentioned before that a doctor I know once told me patients requested ivermectin. I also mentioned that hearing it confirmed is just... yeah.

raza_rebel repped this.
  7. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Can't tell you how many patients of mine said they went looking for that stuff or got it prescribed.

8. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've had covid once, back in February. My guess is BA2 based on timing. Wife and both kids also had it.

Wife just had it again. A mild to moderate cold, like last time. Both kids got it too.

And yet, I didn't? No symptoms and positive test and I tested daily. We even had sex that same week and I still avoided it...lol.

So weird. I guess my antibodies did what they're supposed too?

9. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. Add to that covid in early August, which was mild enough. And I tested negative 3 days after starting Paxlovid.

The Jitty Slitter and xtomx repped this.
  10. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing here. Updated booster and flu shot in the same arm on Sunday. A little soreness at the injection site as with all other jabs over the last few years.

11. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I've still only had 3
    Will see about getting my 4th

I had so forgotten about Covid and then checking my covidpass, saw my last booster was actually still this year!

12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After assuming I'd get the Moderna bivalent jab, (because I'd read about it on the press), I actually had Moderna one a couple of hours ago. I feel OK but my arm is usually a bit sore if I lay on that arm at night so I guess it will be the same this time.

I'm having my flu jab tomorrow at a different place because of how I booked them up.

13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So your kids are getting a flu jab? Is that usual over there? Having said that maybe it is here as well. I wouldn't know.

Edit: Just checked... it is.

Who knew! :)

14. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile

Just received my 4th this weekend.

A little less than a month ago I came down with terrible congestion, cough, aches, and sore throat. I was pretty positive that I had finally caught COVID. After a visit to the doctor, the results came back negative. It was just the flu. So, the wife and I have yet to succumb to covid.

It's funny that everyone wanted to diagnose me over text and disagree with the doctor.

What is not so funny is that I found out a friend, who I have contact with at least 2x a week, had COVID twice in the past year and I just found out about it. So, sometime in the past year, he had covid twice and never told me.

15. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Why are you so mean? It's your fault he didn't tell you, you judgmental prick!

:cautious:

raza_rebel repped this.
  16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think I've managed to avoid it as well but then, I never go anywhere.

Having said that I've had some sort of slight 'head cold', (as it used to be known), for the past week or so. I don't feel too bad but I did a covid test and that was negative so went ahead with the covid jab.

raza_rebel repped this.
  17. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    You are right, I should have asked him every time we met if he had COVID. What was I thinking? And at least he has been boosted, although he had to get covid twice to get the antibodies.

On a tangent, I listened to a podcast about the economic assistance programs that came out during COVID designed to stave off the economy that was at risk of cratering. Given the amount (i.e. lack) of safeguards, it has been estimated the cost of fraud at $80 billion, or 10% of the overall funds. The Trump administration was so preoccupied with getting the money out the door, that the application relied on "self-selecting", or scout's honor, to certify that they were in need of the program's funds. Now the Biden administration is left cleaning up the mess and going after the most egregious abusers.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-plethora-of-pandemic-ppp-fraud/id1589273540?i=1000570858385

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/16/business/economy/covid-pandemic-fraud.html

fatbastard repped this.
  18. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    To be fair if requirements are too strict because of fraud fears the money may not get out fast enough or enough to help with the economic crisis at hand. Knowing what was known then, the administration and Congress probably made the right decision on this.

soccernutter repped this.
  19. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at my doctor's yesterday morning for a routine six-monther, and while I was there, they asked me if I wanted to get a flu shot and a COVID booster.

Um, sure, I guess.

36 hours later, and I can report that these vaccinations made me feel just as shitty as the last ones.

Ismitje, bigredfutbol and xtomx repped this.
  20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    [​IMG]

21. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is cool: https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/eF6OzHINSqQw

The linked note is a synopsis of an article in Matter, describing a new polyurethane coating that's infused with tea tree a and cinnamon oil. It kills 99.9 percent of microbes (including SARS, MRSA...) for months after its application. It could make a real difference in hospitals, restaurants, airports and other public areas.

Here are the highlights from the article in the journal Matter:
    Highlights

• Describes durable coatings with instant and persistent antimicrobial activity

• Coatings incorporate natural antimicrobial oils that are generally regarded as safe.

• Coatings possess broad-spectrum antimicrobial properties

• Coatings can be applied to virtually any desired surfaces via dip or spray coating

Mike03, soccernutter and rslfanboy repped this.
  22. Dutch hospitalization numbers rising again.

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Nah! Can’t be, Covid is over.

I got all 4 shots and I still wear a mask in stores. I get the odd look now and again but nobody has said anything yet. Which is good because I’m always ready to jump into someone’s face.

roby repped this.
  24. Mmm, most likely not a good idea:p You iirc being older than I am could end up falling and breaking something, which wouldnot be good as old people breaking bones have a big chance dying not long after that.
    Let the doggy do the jumping;)

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um...the ordering of this is...disturbing? ;)