COVID-19: OhMyCronus!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Sorry, man. Get better soon.

Pønch and usscouse repped this.
  2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
  4. So it now is "nothing is certain but death, taxes and covid"

Val1 repped this.
  5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    #4730 Q*bert Jones III, Sep 5, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    Me too.

I tried watching the DC game but I started experiencing nausea and diarrhea. Not sure if it’s related since it’s been happening all season.

MattR, rslfanboy, song219 and 7 others repped this.
  6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be Long Olsen. It attacks the body years after being eradicated.

chaski, MattR, superdave and 5 others repped this.
  7. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "Long Olson.". Funniest post of the year. And only relevant on a soccer board.

8. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New malaria vaccine is world-changing, say scientists https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62797776

A malaria vaccine is likely to undo all of the damage, plus some, of the COVID pandemic in the long run. This is truly an incredible breakthrough and could lead to massive global economic benefits.

Sometimes good news needs posted.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Yes, but how will it affect birth rates? :ROFLMAO:

chad and song219 repped this.
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will definitely help increase them!

11. It fights the disease in the humans, but does nothing to eradicate the malaria parasite, so people keep on getting infected.
    This vaccin targets the parasite inside the mosquito and as such diminishes the spread of the disease itself.
    The problem from a pharmaceutical pov is that it attacks the spread of the disease and as such kills the cashcow of permanent vaccination of people.
    https://nltimes.nl/2022/08/11/radboud-university-researchers-may-vaccine-fights-spread-malaria

12. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    So with global warming bringing tropical diseases to the US, and our "vaccine hesitancy," the US should be leading the world in malaria cases before you know it.

fatbastard, MattR, Mike03 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Got my updated booster and flu shot this morning, arm is tight but that is it so far. Heading to San Diego for a work conference on Sunday, so figured it was a good time for the booster.

spejic and rslfanboy repped this.
  14. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 Chinese Super League games were postponed today due to the spread of coronavirus.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Got mine yesterday. No reaction at all. My previous reactions were light but noticeable. Not this one.

Bluto11 and spejic repped this.
  16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Got mine 6 hours ago.

Any soreness I have right now is from a new workout. From 3 days ago.

spejic and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Our youngest got covid the day I was taking her in to get her 2nd Moderna at the end of July. We were told it would be wise to wait at least 3 months for her to get the 2nd dose, which puts it at the end of October.

The wife and I got it mid-to-late-May a week apart, so it's been nearly 4 months for us. We're guessing we got it from our older daughter who displayed no symptoms, but we obviously didn't test her and have no idea (she's been fully vaxxed, and also had covid Feb 2021).

My wife wants us all to go together in late October to get flu and covid shots done at once. I'm kinda thinking that we should stagger, so we don't possibly all feel like complete shit (if that happens at all) all at once. Not sure how this is going to go down.

Dr. Wankler and spejic repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Somehow I never got Covid yet (at least i never tested positive) despite inevitable direct exposures

The most recent time, i got suspicious because i got a headache while I was asleep and a direct contact had the flu - so sure enough when we tested - they were positive. I was sure i would test positive but never did, and was fine after that 8 hours or so - 4 other people in their downstream caught Covid

Is this just the vaxx working?

This is the 3rd time I felt a bit off colour, after a direct exposure, but never developed Covid

19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Same. A few times over the last couple years, I didn't feel 100%, but it never developed into anything noteworthy and was always gone the next day.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how I've avoided it. Indeed, given how often I think (and know!) I've been exposed, I think it might be more likely that I did contract it, but was nearly or totally asymptomatic.

Meanwhile, I'd like to get my bivalent booster, but I can't find any pharmacies locally that have that booster and are taking appointments. So I'll probably just wait a few weeks until it's more widely available.

xtomx and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  20. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I've been the same though I've been around family members who came down with and tested positive for Covid.
    I was probably been exposed at least once because I tested positive for antibodies while giving blood.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just received my super booster this morning.

Now, my arm is very sore, but no other side effects.

My partner had COVID last week, but I avoided it and tested negative three times over 5 days.

Still better to get latest jab, which they combine with a flu vaccine for those who want it (received my flu shot the other day).

By the way, there were 26,000 new cases and 411 deaths in the US on September 28, the most recent date I could find.

Overall, 623,500,000 confirmed cases worldwide,
    6,559,694 dead.
    1,034,000 have died in the US alone.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    How about now? Any other effects?

24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A bit achy, but just fine.
    Thanks

rslfanboy repped this.
  25. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I got my updated booster and the flu shot in the same arm a couple weeks ago. No problems except soreness at the injection site. I guess I'm lucky - none of the 5 covid shots I've had caused me any problems.

xtomx repped this.