Covid-19 impact on Portuguese football

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Joe Martelo, May 16, 2020.

1. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    It looks as if covid-19 will have a long lasting impact on Portugal.

Ive been having zoom videoconference meetings with my contacts in Portugal. Here are what some of us are predicting:

- lower attendances even when social distancing measures are lifted and fans are allowed entry into stadia. This will further support portuguese cafe/tasca culture.
    - more investment in youth football , personally this is a positive and for me I am happy. This is because the bigger clubs will lose plenty of money and be forced to rely on youth rather than foreign imports.
    - Benfica will rise to dominate the league, as they are the club best built to withstand the financial pressures of the pandemic
    - less of a gap in European football between the superpowers (real Madrid , etc) and the top teams from smaller nations. To that end, a couple of my contacts have made bold predictions that Benfica will become European champion by the year 2030.
    - Sporting CP will continue to struggle , they will likely get relegated or even dissolve.

thoughts ?

2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol this child's not even worth responding to, each of his posts makes less sense than the last.

4. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    let me ask you something, what credentials do you even have to criticize me? Have you ever played the game or coached?

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    1. you're not a real coach.
    2. you're not a real scout.
    3. you have no contacts.
    4. people who don't play or coach professionally can still have valid opinions. stop saying they don't.

GoodDead and Nani_17 repped this.
  6. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll take the opinion about footy from some Mongolian man who's only specialty is hunting wolves before I'd take anything you say seriously. I've always assumed your parents are siblings.

GoodDead repped this.
  7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Well I may just put you on my ignore list.

Also, Mongolia is a rising power in Asian football and has been investing a lot into their youth football over the last five years.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The troll level is amazing