Coventry - Leeds

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Captain Splarg, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richo Arena on Saturday.

This one is going to be big. Bladescum play away against Norwich at the same time. Hopefully Norwich turned the corner at ER and SU are going to produce more of the same.

Coventry has been a happy place for Leeds to go lately, but with Coventry finding a good run of form now, this is probably going to be one of the most difficult games of the season.

Still though, only 1 loss in 17 for us isn't exactly struggling right now, so we should be at least able to take it to them.

2. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    The guy to watch in my opinion will be Kilgallon. Will there be any rust in his game? Isn't it interesting that Bakke can't find a spot back in the lineup?

3. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I didn't care to have him back. I suppose the higher ups at Villa felt the same way.

4. kindestcut

kindestcut New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Addison, TX
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One note for the game...the old as dirt (yet having a decent season) Dennis Wise will be missing the game for Coventry.

5. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    I think Villa wanted him back but they didn't have any money to buy his contract. At least that what I thought I read.

6. kindestcut

kindestcut New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Addison, TX
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct, sir. Both the club and the player wanted the move but the coffers were bare.

Poor sods.

7. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    How has Stephen Crainey been playing? Has Dan Harding disappeared or has Crainey really won this position?

8. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crainey has been Crainey... Think Ian Harte but without the attacking ability.

We'd only be slightly worse off using an old plank of wood just stuck in the ground.