Courtney Verloo

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crazyhorse, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats her story, it seems as though many believe she is the second coming. Is she? Has anyone seen her in person? She sure does get a lot of hype. Also what schools is she interested in?

2. cbg2004

cbg2004 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    It would be hard to believe that Portland would lose a top-notch player from its own backyard. With that said, I heard (a while ago) that she was also very interested in UCLA. Maybe a UP fan can provide an update?

3. Norfolk

Norfolk Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Also Stanford and Oregon (dads a grad) Great kid.

4. Northwinds

Northwinds Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin
    I have seen her 3 times at two separate tournaments/showcases and at ODP Interregional in FLA. I don't know what you mean by "many believe she is the second coming". But I do know she is a quality player. Great body type, height, physical ability, tenacity, finishing ability, speed. She has the makings of being a real impact player as a freshmen, where ever she decides to go.

And to Portland fans, sometimes the ones in your backyard are the toughest ones to get. You can't blame a kid for wanting to experience something new.

5. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I know UP would like to have her, but as you say, sometimes they want to leave. She is a great kid, and I heard she got a ton of serious offers (one guy said 18) and she did manage to winnow them down bit, but I don't know if she got past that point. last I heard she was down to 3 or 4.

I saw her play a HS game once this fall and she looked ..umm.. distracted. I think the quality of play was boring her.

There's another great prospect in Oregon, too. Kendall Johnson was the Oregon player of the year this year (Verloo was last year). Either one would be a great get.

6. Norfolk

Norfolk Member

Mar 22, 2001
    I think Johnson is going to UP.

7. BocaJfanatic

BocaJfanatic New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I’ve seen a number of the 2009 Oregon players, including Verloo, and she is incredibly talented, probably one of the best ever to come out of Oregon. Very skillful, good size and speed, and an uncanny ability to put the ball in the net. I think she will be a force to be reckoned with at the college level right from the start her freshman year. Also very unselfish, which is nice to see for a player with her individual ability. As far as recruiting, last I heard she was looking at California schools Stanford, UCLA, and Santa Clara, and it was down to those three. I know that Portland wanted her in a big way, but as somebody said, sometimes the hardest ones to get are in your own back yard. I believe she moved to the club team up there that is connected to UP and I’m sure they are working it, so maybe they will get her after all.