Courage All-Stars Announced

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AndyMead, Sep 4, 2002.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Five starters on the south squad:
    Five reserve players will be named on September 9th. With McDermott as the coach, I would expect at least one more Courage player!

2. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Thanks for posting this and "Congratulations" to Lucky, "D" Slaton, Hege, TR, and Birgit!!

I would think that Fotop would have an excellent chance being named as a reserve. I also think that Nel Fettig deserves to be on the All-Star team as well, but it might be difficult to select more than six players from one team.

3. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    I don't think Fotop will be selected in order to allow her injured foot a chance to completely heal. We saw her at the Fan Nite after FC2 and it was in a pretty impressive walking cast and she wasn't out after the team was introduced signing autographs. Of course, I haven't heard or read anything about how her foot is doing.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I suspect that Birgit will have to be replaced. She'll already be playing for FFC Frankfurt by then. It would be natural to replace her rosters spot with Fotop, but if Fotop is healing, there goes that plan.

5. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Birgit did not play for 1.FFC Frankfurt last Sunday, but Jones did (and scored).

With an 11-0 win, it does not sound like 1.FFC needs Birgit back any time soon.

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Whether they need her or not is not the point. She belongs to them now. We get her back in March.

7. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

WUSA Article

Here's the link to an article posted this morning at the wusa site that includes a picture of Hege in action:

All-Star Starters Announced

The article also has short bios of all of the All-Star starters.

8. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

German League Info

Where did you find this information about last weekend's matches in the German women's league? I just took a look at "europeanwomenssoccer.com," but they had very little information posted about the German league and what they did have was several weeks old.

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  10. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002