Count Down to the Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by touppouyo, Feb 1, 2007.

1. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    The rush for gold is on! The Central American teams are busy preparing for their own qualifying tournaments and in the mid of the confusion even TnT has decided to leave its hiding hole and fly to Panama just to pick up its second straight loss :p

Apparently, nobody has noticed that, not even ganglord. Is that still the C-team or a team of C-players unable to better their grades ?:confused:

2. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Why such disrepect for T&T? Why call us crabs? In the last few weeks during the CFU Cup No T&T fan has been insultive to your team or Country but now you insult us.:mad:

3. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Just messing with the kid. However, I am going to edit the post since you think it's insultive to your country. However, the kid has insulted us (and by extension all blacks) several times on this board. I hope next time he writes something insulting to Haiti, you don't remain quiet because it's not against your country. (Sorry).

4. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Count Down to the Gold Cup. Good luck to All four CfU teams going to the gold cup. The time for rivalry amoung us has passed. It is now time to come together and cheer each other on. The rest of CONCACAF (The Big boys)
    will be well prepared to send us packing after the first round. Let us give them a fight to remember. So Haiti , Cuba , Guadalope and T&T good luck to you all.

5. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    We cool:cool:

6. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    I have a question....will the 12 Gold Cup teams be divided into 3 groups of 4, or 4 groups of 3?

7. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    3 groups of 4
    http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/goldcup/viewArticle.asp?id=3649

T&T plays Costa Rica this Sunday 4th Feb in Costa Rica the 2nd and last game of our mini central american tour.
    Do any of you know if Haiti is playing any warm ups soon.

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Been away from BS for a few days and suddenly its that time of the month for you isn't it?:)

I hope it goes away by next week.:D

9. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Same squad that played in the Digicel Cup. Of course you did struggle against the "C" team and so did the Panamanians. We'll see what you do in the Gold Cup against full strength teams;)

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    A lil off topic here but wtf....why is the GC always held in the USA?:mad:

11. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    full strength?! Are u just confused or what? those players from the world cup arent coming back, except maybe birchall and edwards. The TTFF didn't hold up to their side of the agreement with the players and for that they all left. This "C" team is going to make up most of the soca warriors squad this summer, and yet you'll still be calling them the "C" team. :cool:

12. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    for once......i agree. maybe Canada can host the next one. There would be alot of West Indian fans coming to support their teams up there especially in Montreal and Toronto.

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    I don't know if Edwards or Birchall will be there....I did say you will be seeing full strength teams...it doesn't matter who you are grouped with.

btw the soca warriors coach has already hinted that he will have a much stronger squad available than the one that played in the recently concluded digi cup. I hope that answers your question.;)

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    it doesn't matter who else hosts it. I'm tired of seeing the US hosting this tournament period. I think Mex hosted it one year and that was it.:(

Maybe Guate or Costa Rica can since they have the infrastructure and they can afford to do so. I agree that Canada can as well but lets get it in CA at least one time in the next couple of years.:cool:

15. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    I guess its all a question of revenues. I doubt that any other country can generate as much revenue than the US for a competition like the gold cup. Am I wrong?

16. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    There is only one country in Concacaf where every team can expect to have some local fans and that country is the US. Like it or not, every team can expect to have some local fans (expats) to show up for support in the US!

Imagine Panama, Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica, TnT, or Guatemala hosts the GC. How many would care about matches not involving the host team?

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Disagree with you. Most fans in Central America are football crazy and will probably support a GC if its held there. Besides there are blacks of Caribbean descent in Guatemala as well as Costa Ricans of Jamaican descent in Costa Rica as well. Bet you didn't know that huh:D

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    That maybe true but nevertheless, the tournament would be strongly supported in CA. Mexico hosted it at one time and I'm not sure but I doubt it was a complete failure then.

19. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    well actually i did, my coworker is Costa Rican of Jamaica descent (which explained why his spanish seemed to sound a little different). In fact, he's Paulo Wanchope's younger cousin

20. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Believe me, I wish I didn't know. I wish our Caribbean brothers never had to go to those places, specially the west coast of Nicaragua.

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    There's even Panamanians of Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaican descent as well living in Panama thus how far we've spread our seed:)

But seriously, the tournament should be moved out of the US for the next 5 Gold cups.

22. touppouyo

touppouyo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Mm! I wonder why those loyal subjects of the good queen and citizens of the richest empire that the world has ever known had to go work in inhuman conditions in sugarcane and banana fields in central american banana republics and cuba? I mean they weren't like those belligerant Haitians who dared kick the masters' arss! Instead, they were docile and patient &iggers begging for a chance to erase their African roots and assimilate their masters' mores and vices. So, why were they the lowest class of citizens in that wealthy empire? ;)

23. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Since you're not that educated, Ill tell you why Jamaicans and Trinidad and Tobago nationals worked in Panama. They were there to build the Panama Canal since they were going to be paid exorbitant amounts of money.:cool:

And Jamaicans went to Costa Rica to make some money while building Railway lines not to pick bananas and cut sugar cane as you somehow seem to think.

Makes me wonder why the Haitians are still the poorest and have the most ghetto infested nation in the Caribbean.;)

Maybe its because you people actually enjoy the exploits of being lower class citizens in the new World.:D

24. FlashEP

FlashEP New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Waltham, MA
    you can call them the soca warriors "C" squad, but they're your country's representatives nevertheless. It doesn't matter if they're the "C" squad, since beating Cuba the soca warriors have now lost to Haiti, Panama, and got blown out against Costa Rica. The TTFF has their work cut out for themselves.

25. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Personally I think having a Gold Cup in a 'hostile' environment for once would be great for our boys. Hopefully somebody can pull it off.