Could you hear the Revs fans sing?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NeSpazz, Nov 2, 2003.

1. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha...thought the title of one of our cheers would be cute...and hopefully you could hear us sing. There were about 25 Revs fans over in the corner cheering for much of the game, and I, as one of the main cheer starters, am curious to know if our loudness was heard on TV or radio. We tried to be as loud as humanly possible and left with hoarse voices (perhaps due to alcohol intake as well?). Hopefully we came across loud and clear. And a great win, go Revs! See you all next week.
    Spazz

2. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I hope someone heard us since I beat my bucket drum so hard I first broke the stick and then the drum itself. I must say that I was disappointed that no one wanted to join me in "all we are saying, is 'we own the mutts'" ;)

3. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in for the Fort on Sunday, we need to think of a good whiskey-related song to taunt Walker with.

"WHIS-KEY!"

4. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will cheer the "we own the mutts" cheer as soon as the final whistle blows next week, and we have the win (or tie). But not until that final whistle, for we all have seen the tendency to self-destruct in the last few minutes and give up goals. I look at this as one long game, consisting of 2 90-minute halves, so the game at this point is only half over. I am confident of a successful finish next week. In the meantime, here is a substitute cheer, to be chanted to the tune of the farmer in the dell: "the metros are our b*itch, the metros are our b*itch, hi ho the dairio, the metros are our b*itch". Cuz you sure can't dispute that fact! MouseyTongue, sorry about the loss of your drum, perhaps we can tote along some muffin tins and spoons and give you one next week! :) Go Revs!
    Spazz

5. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our keeper's Brown, yours is drunk!

A cleaned up version of a different chant that I didn't think went over so well yesterday anyway.

6. ElmCityBrewCrew

Jul 8, 2002
    Elm City, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "the metros are our b*itch, the metros are our b*itch, hi ho the dairio, the metros are our b*itch"

Change "hi ho the dairio" to "hi ho for fabbro" or "another goal for fabbro" and I'm in.

7. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want to bring a sign saying MPF - Metrostars Playoff Failure.

8. partygrl535

partygrl535 New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    CT
    Spazz, I am definitely in with "the metros are our b*tch". I cannot argue with that. Also, I think the more beer we drink, the more creativity we will have. Great job on Saturday to all the screaming fans. I am definitely paying for the cheering, with the hoarse and limited voice. Looking forward to being there on Sunday in the Fort. Go Revs!!!!

9. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice work JMM, now print 5000 and bring them on Sunday ;) (btw, I'll bring your hat that you left in my car yesterday)

11. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh thank you, I was wondering what happened to that.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The ESC couldn't hear you in section 101..... But then again the ESC couldn;t hear the ESC in section 101 last night....

13. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    I watched the game with my Sennheiser headphones on but didn't hear much of crowd noise, although I knew the Rev fans were there. The sound picked up from he players and the benches were pretty good, though.

14. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Around the 89th minute I caught a quick earful of the chant we usually do at the end of a successful game...you know, the modified USA chant...oh-oh (etc) ......New Eng-land. I was hoping that was you guys.

15. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed it was, even though at the time we knew there would be a lot of added time. When the 4th official help up the 5 that pretty much shut us up since we knew we didn't have that much energy!

16. tedski

tedski Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Tucson, Baja Arizona
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes...I could hear you on the TV...just barely over Shep's insightful commentary. I never want to hear anyone complain about Ty Keough again.

Ted.

17. mosler

mosler Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Mashpee, MA
    I watched the game on tape yesterday and clearly heard some Revs singing, esp. near the begining of the game.

It made me smile, thanks and well done.